[Texture] 4K skin diffuse initial pack

Are you using the graphic patch from post # 35? : http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...e-initial-pack-547958/index4.html#post2694863

If so to fix the washed out colors go to Userdata > Graphic Settings. Open StudioNeoConfig with notepad and look for <StylePreset>Default</StylePreset>. If it does not say Default then change it to Default and save it.

@Pepsibro - Do you have honeyparty_01_plus installed? I ran into the blackscreen issue too but I after I reinstall this everything worked for me. Copy the contents in honeypart_01_plus and then apply the graphic patch again. See if that works for you.

Thanks. this worked. Now the only problem is that windowed fullscreen doesn't work lol

Also PSA, if you apply this patch and have some girls that use wideslider reapply WS before starting again. My DOA girls went to the shitter lol (or maybe I did something else that caused it?)

Wish we could get an update for the old studio too. Neo got little scenes at the moment :(.

I'm sure the rim light is caused by directionalbacklight, but in this version I haven't manage to get this option working in studio Neo, alternatively, you can use shortcuthsParty to tweak down the rim light.
There's already a ShortcutsHSParty? Where is it, if I may ask?

Good Afternoon!

I am running into a problem, but I don't know where it stems from. I have applied the new patch to get the graphics settings to work in NEO, but it breaks StudioNEO. I can't even open it, it uses tons of memory and never gets past a black screen. Never ran into a problem with it before and I should have tons of ram.

Could it be from an old install? I am wondering if I should just start with a fresh install of everything. Even running it on the "Default" preset won't open.

I have the same problem with you! Can not start "StudioNEO_64"

It's not that big of a deal but I wonder if someone noticed the color skin on this patch being more "red-ish"? compared to the patch in vanilla HS. Style is at default btw.

HmIBPEjO.png

EDIT: Forgot to clarify, i'm only using the graphic patch. I'm not using the 4K difuse. I also disabled it in config ini.

Last edited:
I know it's annoying but does someone have a preset to make the characters look glossy? I really like this effect but I'm a dumbass messing around with XML files, I managed to do some thing but it still feels normal to me... Thanks in advance.

It's not that big of a deal but I wonder if someone noticed the color skin on this patch being more "red-ish"? compared to the patch in vanilla HS. Style is at default btw.

HmIBPEjO.png

EDIT: Forgot to clarify, i'm only using the graphic patch. I'm not using the 4K difuse. I also disabled it in config ini.
You can tinker with all that in the UserData\GraphicSetting folder,now. I tinkered and made my own Preset file that produced a good balance between the available options.
If you'd like to go back to the way the old graphics patch looked, change your Config files to use "Preset_0" like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GraphicSetting>
  <GraphicBasic>
    <MSAA>8</MSAA>
    <DirectionalBackLightIntensity>1.5</DirectionalBackLightIntensity>
    <CameraFOV>36</CameraFOV>
    <ReflectionCubemapMipmapBias>0</ReflectionCubemapMipmapBias>
    <ReflectionIntensity>0.45</ReflectionIntensity>
    <ReflectionBounces>1</ReflectionBounces>
    <enable4KSkinDiffuse>True</enable4KSkinDiffuse>
    <enableSkinDiffuseMipMap>True</enableSkinDiffuseMipMap>
    <StylePreset>[B]Preset_0[/B]</StylePreset>
    <SSAOPreset>ultra</SSAOPreset>
    <SSRPreset>quality</SSRPreset>
    <ShadowPreset>sharp</ShadowPreset>
  </GraphicBasic>
</GraphicSetting>
Code:
<GraphicSetting>
  <GraphicBasic>
    <MSAA>8</MSAA>
    <ReflectionIntensity>0.4</ReflectionIntensity>
    <SSAOPreset>Ultra</SSAOPreset>
    <SSRPreset>Performance</SSRPreset>
    <ShadowPreset>Default</ShadowPreset>
  </GraphicBasic>
</GraphicSetting>
So, to put it simply, just change <StylePreset>Default</StylePreset> or whatever it's set as to Preset_0, instead of whatever you were using before. From what you said, I'm assuming it's Default?

If anyone's interested, here's the more balanced preset I made for myself. Just throw it into the UserData\GraphicSetting\Style directory with the others and follow the instructions I gave before by naming it Preset_3, instead.

View attachment Preset_3.rar

I probably should have come up with a better name to avoid possible issues in the future, but oh well, lol.
Hope all that helps!

Add a fix for the menu bug. If you never run into this bug, just leave this UIscale at 0.

First, ShortcutsHSParty Ver 0.0.2 is required, you can find it here.
http://cactus-cafe.blog.jp/archives/1065784717.html

According to いつまでもプロトタイプ's finding, menu will only disappear with certain scale factor, and he provide a button to increase the scale factor by 0.01 in his plugin, after several clicks you'll find a working scale factor.

So, here's a tutorial to directly launch the studio with a working scale factor. Start with an initial guess <UIscale>2.4</UIscale>, the menu does not appear.

Now, open the ShortcutsHSParty window, click "変更" button, after 4 clicks, menu appears. Now I can set <UIscale>2.44</UIscale>

Also this version should have all settings functioning (or removed).
https://mega.nz/#!yBUnybxT!Y9qsWWVU-q23a6BMJa55uRw5nUjU1r_0CmcB2fiPm28

Reactions: ore_
I wonder if there's any way of improve the antialiasing of this game. Doesn't matter how high you set the antialiasing it stays jagged.

SEE FULL SIZE: https://i.imgbox.com/vGlAi8jS.png
ewt9PGpR.png
[/URL]]

Last edited:
You can tinker with all that in the UserData\GraphicSetting folder,now. I tinkered and made my own Preset file that produced a good balance between the available options.
If you'd like to go back to the way the old graphics patch looked, change your Config files to use "Preset_0" like this:

Code:
<GraphicSetting>
  <GraphicBasic>
    <MSAA>8</MSAA>
    <ReflectionIntensity>0.45</ReflectionIntensity>
    <SSAOPreset>ultra</SSAOPreset>
    <SSRPreset>quality</SSRPreset>
    <ShadowPreset>sharp</ShadowPreset>
  </GraphicBasic>
</GraphicSetting>
Code:
<GraphicSetting>
  <GraphicBasic>
    <MSAA>8</MSAA>
    <ReflectionIntensity>0.4</ReflectionIntensity>
    <SSAOPreset>Ultra</SSAOPreset>
    <SSRPreset>Performance</SSRPreset>
    <ShadowPreset>Default</ShadowPreset>
  </GraphicBasic>
</GraphicSetting>
So, to put it simply, just change <StylePreset>Default</StylePreset> or whatever it's set as to Preset_0, instead of whatever you were using before. From what you said, I'm assuming it's Default?

If anyone's interested, here's the more balanced preset I made for myself. Just throw it into the UserData\GraphicSetting\Style directory with the others and follow the instructions I gave before by naming it Preset_3, instead.

View attachment 15431

I probably should have come up with a better name to avoid possible issues in the future, but oh well, lol.
Hope all that helps!

Thanks a lot! I didn't know you could edit color correction and all of that, that explains a lot!

Your present looks pretty good I must say. I officially named it Preset_tmv :P

Thanks a lot! I didn't know you could edit color correction and all of that, that explains a lot!

Your present looks pretty good I must say. I officially named it Preset_tmv :P
Wow, you flatter me... and I'll accept it! lol

Pretty useful, right? Definitely an improvement over his previous version, though a part of me wonders if it's possible to get a slightly brighter curve? I know we can adjust the .PSD files for the Curve, but I'm not sure how to go about that.
By looking at the files, it seems that SampleCurve2 is a bit darker than SampleCurve?

*Edit* - I actually mean darker curve, because (duh) I just now realized that setting "Curve" to "0" eliminates the use of a Curve, altogether.

P.S.: Agh, seems the ShortcutsHS mod is going to need an English translation.

Add a fix for the menu bug. If you never run into this bug, just leave this UIscale at 0.

First, ShortcutsHSParty Ver 0.0.2 is required, you can find it here.
http://cactus-cafe.blog.jp/archives/1065784717.html

According to いつまでもプロトタイプ's finding, menu will only disappear with certain scale factor, and he provide a button to increase the scale factor by 0.01 in his plugin, after several clicks you'll find a working scale factor.

So, here's a tutorial to directly launch the studio with a working scale factor. Start with an initial guess <UIscale>2.4</UIscale>, the menu does not appear.

Now, open the ShortcutsHSParty window, click "変更" button, after 4 clicks, menu appears. Now I can set <UIscale>2.44</UIscale>

Also this version should have all settings functioning (or removed).
https://mega.nz/#!yBUnybxT!Y9qsWWVU-q23a6BMJa55uRw5nUjU1r_0CmcB2fiPm28

@TMV - I agree with BT, your Preset setting is quite nice! I'm also using it at the moment. The default bloom was too vibrant for my tastes, but yours is just perfect!
Thank you for ShortcutsHSParty!! This fixed the directionalbacklight for me and now am able to control it! And now I am also to control the god ray's, color, intensity and everything else. This plugin was essential in the old studio and I'm so glad it made it's way to NEO. Pressing Spacebar to remove UI is also back! :lapi_cheer:

Last edited:
Hello, I'm having troubles using this mod in the new 1.20 patch. I downloaded the link at the first page and installed it properly, then when I open the game it returns to patch v1.11 and it's no Honey Select Party anymore. I can still use all Party clothes and items, but can't save any character. It works perfectly without this mod, but the 4K skin is such an improvement... I'm sure I have done something wrong, can anyone help please? :)

Hello, I'm having troubles using this mod in the new 1.20 patch. I downloaded the link at the first page and installed it properly, then when I open the game it returns to patch v1.11 and it's no Honey Select Party anymore. I can still use all Party clothes and items, but can't save any character. It works perfectly without this mod, but the 4K skin is such an improvement... I'm sure I have done something wrong, can anyone help please? :)

The correct order is 4k texture from the one that you downloaded + graphic patch on page 4

@TMV - I agree with BT, your Preset setting is quite nice! I'm also using it at the moment. The default bloom was too vibrant for my tastes, but yours is just perfect!
Thank you for ShortcutsHSParty!! This fixed the directionalbacklight for me and now am able to control it! And now I am also to control the god ray's, color, intensity and everything else. This plugin was essential in the old studio and I'm so glad it made it's way to NEO. Pressing Spacebar to remove UI is also back! :lapi_cheer:
Cool, very cool! Thank ya kindly, sir!
How did you fix the directionalbacklight, btw, and is it possible to save that setting?

Cool, very cool! Thank ya kindly, sir!
How did you fix the directionalbacklight, btw, and is it possible to save that setting?

Thankfully I played with this plugin a lot in the old studio so I remember which settings are and what they do. There are some differences from the old one but they are still very similar. Take a look at the pic below:

To save the lighting simply scroll down and you should see Save & Load. Type in a name (eg. Gwen) and hit Save and a some new buttons will appear (eg. Light_Gwen.xml) Click on these to load that setting.

Last edited:
Those are some useful settings and even preset. Thank you all for sharing.

sin07 and tmvaegis :akazukin_sweat:

Thankfully I played with this plugin a lot in the old studio so I remember which settings are and what they do. There are some differences from the old one but they are still very similar. Take a look at the pic below:

To save the lighting simply scroll down and you should see Save & Load. Type in a name (eg. Gwen) and hit Save and a some new buttons will appear (eg. Light_Gwen.xml) Click on these to load that setting.
Oh wow, wasn't expecting a nice tutorial via big-ass pic, lol! Thanks, buddy, appreciate it!

Edit: I only saw Save & Load options on the first window on the left, and nothing in the light window. : /

@RenKagamine - No prob, glad to help!

Last edited:
Oh wow, wasn't expecting a nice tutorial via big-ass pic, lol! Thanks, buddy, appreciate it!

Edit: I only saw Save & Load options on the first window on the left, and nothing in the light window. : /

@RenKagamine - No prob, glad to help!

Strange it should be in the same window as the lighting window. Which version of the plugin are you using? I believe I'm using 0.0.3

Strange it should be in the same window as the lighting window. Which version of the plugin are you using? I believe I'm using 0.0.3
Jeez, you sneaky guy, I only had 0.0.2! Fortunately, I grabbed 0.0.4 earlier today, so I'll be looking into that. ;)

Jeez, you sneaky guy, I only had 0.0.2! Fortunately, I grabbed 0.0.4 earlier today, so I'll be looking into that. ;)

I'm sneaky? You're sneaky! Where on Earth did you find 0.0.4? I wonder what's been added. This is by far my favorite and most useful plugin for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Lebedev wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[110624] [OVERDRIVE] 電激ストライカー this version of VN you don't have in stock?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi Otokonoko, would you reupload the links for this one pls? It's all ded.
母娘☓無人島~陵辱長編RPGパック
Morganah wrote on Shine's profile.
Hie, Shine, could you re-upload this game, please?

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/080816-heterodoxy-queen-of-darkness.1083784/

Thank you!