Denied Add RSS Delay / Disable RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerTradeWinds

Elite Member
Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
I have started checking whether something I am going to post is posted by someone else already.

And I find that files posted by me get re-uploaded as quick as 15 minutes, while files posted by other people doesn't get re-uploaded at a similar pace, or even not being re-uploaded at all.

I suspect some members here are (ab)using the RSS feature of the site in order to copy my releases as soon as possible.

I would like to suggest adding a delay to the RSS or even disable it for certain forums.
Not like it is going to be useful at all to general public due to the amount of duplicate posts posted.

There's a 60 minutes delay already on the RSS system, adding additional delay would make it useless.

I'm aware that some other sites uses RSS to scrap the content from us and post on theirs (so they can get a share of the traffic and earn money by placing ads on their RSS scrapper site) but they aren't reuploaders. Plus, you get your own download links on other sites > more download counts for you and everyone.

That being said, files uploaded by girlcelly also get reuploaded as fast as 10 minutes with the majority of them having girlcelly's signature all over the place. I think it has to do with uploader's reputation and popularity, disabling RSS wouldn't help.

If you still want your files to get less re-upload, you can use the
To see this hidden content, you must react with one of the following reactions : Like Like

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for answering my suggestion.

For the "signature", I guess it would be the case of uploaders not bothering to re-pack the file so it got left there.
Not sure if I want to do it that way, as I prefer users get a clean, ready to be archived file.

Reputation wise, they can hate me but still, they love copying many things from me. Not like I can stop them other than leave a VM to protest.

Upvote 0
As stated, an excessive delay on RSS would defeat the point of having such a feature to begin with. As the RSS feed is there to stay, such a delay won't be added in the foreseeable future.

We'll consider the issue resolved and lock the thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。