Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Sword Art Online
ソードアート・オンライン​

SAO.jpg

Escape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual "death".
Without knowing the "truth" of the mysterious next generation MMO, 'Sword Art Online(SAO)', approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle.
Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the "truth" of this MMO.
And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named 'Aincrad', he distinguished himself as a solo player.
Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone.
Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her.
That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito.

Cast: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Haruka Tomatsu, Ayana Taketatsu, Kanae Ito

Project: 2 cours
Period: July 2012 - Dec 2012

Original Creator: Reki Kawahara
Original Illustrations: abec
Animation: A-1 Pictures
Director: Tomohiko Ito
Character Design: Shingo Idachi

Credits to Baka-Tsuki, ANN, MAL.

Last edited:
I thought I reserve this post first before the anime actually airs next year, because chances are I will not be at home often.

My favorite Light Novel, first one that I bought the original copies too. I love the story and characters, I love the fights, I love how the creator tells his story. SAO is quite the embodiment of what I was looking for in Light Novels, a unique world setting with a set of rules, a main protaganist in Kirito, and interaction with the other characters in which the grand plot eventually played out. No doubt, I was in estacy when the anime was announced, and I really cant wait for its arrival next year July for 2 cours.

SAO honors: Kono Raito Noberu ga Sugoi!
#4 - 2011
#1 - 2012

This thread will be used to keep track of new confirmed information such as PVs, interviews, videos etc in the upcoming future. Stay tuned. SAO FTW~

Last edited:
"AWESOME!" thats the first word come out from my mouth when i see the manga and see it will be airing next year , and there will be a game too, hope they make a good game for this one, since they have good battle system :thumbup:

Edit: scan removed

Some preview scans, looks pretty nice. Hope Abec works with the animators in this.

Last edited:
36343l.jpg

*Not liking animu chara design*
So obvious that the working! drawer is behind the scenes, although it was confirmed long ago.

Kirito looks cool like this:
V01_Character1_Kirito.jpg

Not a Takanashi-kun please.

Asuna:
V01_Character2_Asuna.jpg

Bring back abec-san please~

wow totally different drawing , its kinda sad when they change the drawer for anime , well hope they not screwed up the story

I don't mind the new art, but I hope Asuna's overly big hand is just a mistake, not a setting. Lul.

I must say the anime char designs are too childish and mehhh compare to the LN illustration

Where is my beautiful Asuna ...

However A-1 is a decent studio, so hopefully they could adapt it well

Well.. this was bound to happen. When a LN gets turned into a anime the quality drops. Its too expensive to animate/hire the artist who drew I'm guessing. Less hope they don't butcher the storyline to hell and the animation stays solid. Since its usually two volumes per 12 episodes. In the case of Sword Art the first volume could equate to the whole series. But Asuna... is suppose to be the most beautiful character in the story so...yeah...

New scans :

EDIT : SCANS REMOVED.

Really, I aint liking the design for Kirito, he's more cool in the LN in terms of his appearance and outer-personality.
Asuna's design is passable, its all up to Tomatsu Haruka and her flawless acting.

Last edited:
I get what you mean. In the LN Krito is a lone wolf type of character that wears black clothes and a old cloak. He doesn't start out as your typical hero. The design makes him look too.. common as a protagonist. It doesn't have the air of a person that likes being alone. By the way Terumi whats your signature about?

Ah thats cool. I like Eushully games they tend to have a common theme :D.

Kirito's voice actor according to a post i read somewhere is a noobie. Anime is getting aired in the summer. Accel World is getting aired beforehand.. maybe we'll see Kirito and Asuna in accel world. They do make a cameo appearance in the novel.

AW is going to be better than SAO, since it has 24 eps, and handled by Sunrise.

A-1 on the other hand tends to make 1-season anime recently, and base on this arts, we might get only 11-13 episodes

I think I will put my hope on KyouSen ss2, rather than SAO ...

AW is going to be better than SAO, since it has 24 eps, and handled by Sunrise.

A-1 on the other hand tends to make 1-season anime recently, and base on this arts, we might get only 11-13 episodes

I think I will put my hope on KyouSen ss2, rather than SAO ...

Will disagree though, but yes, the fact that Sunrise is handling AW is a major plus.
A-1 had solid performances(Ano Hana and Ao Exo) from the past year, I think it can be put into good rewards later. And SAO was long confirmed along with AW to be 2 cours (24 episodes).

Will disagree though, but yes, the fact that Sunrise is handling AW is a major plus.
A-1 had solid performances(Ano Hana and Ao Exo) from the past year, I think it can be put into good rewards later. And SAO was long confirmed along with AW to be 2 cours (24 episodes).
Hmm, didn't know that it would be 2 ss, sorry for that. So we might get up to vol 4, cover the Fairy Dance arc I think

I like Ano hana, but not a big fan of A-1, so I won't put too much expectation on them ...

A little more info on the seiyuus:

Kirito - Most notable role is Narumi from Kamimemo, with recent roles in DxD and Lagrange. He has many roles in LN adapted animus, I hope he can portray Kirito well enough.

Asuna - Tomatsu Haruka. What you get = Awesome-ness

Yui - Ito Kanae, no need for much introductions, I love her voice and acting.

Suguha - More prone towards tsundere roles, but Ayana would a decent fit for little sister.

Edit: Removed video.

Thanks to meganeshounen at irc for heads up on video! :D

Last edited:
well, i hope it will have longer chapters at once, but it is standard in current japanese anime to deliver 13 (or 12 episode) at once.
After they got good business (at the beginning of series or good sales), they will decide the termination or second seasons. (Actually they might decide much earlier time). That is the way Kyoukaisen jou no horizon works.
I hope sao will fall into this case.

I think that the original characters' design ( I mean the light novel) is better than the anime.
By the way, I like SAO more than AW.

I think the character deigns are alright, but I wished SAO could air for more episodes, since there's quite a bit of content too.

FOR ALL:
PLEASE STOP MISUNDERSTANDING.

SAO IS SLATED FOR 2 COURS, WHICH IS AT LEAST 24 EPISODES.

Now that 24eps. will it cover 2 vol? or it just 24eps. for just vol.1 cuz that vol. has 25 chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks