Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

would you enjoy combat aspects if they were added in otome?

I think it would be nice. I don't think that it should be the norm, but if it's actually fun and not very forced etc., then there are not many drawbacks to more variety in otome games. But it shouldn't try to emulate the mobile market.... Also there are some decent otome games with more gameplay, it's just that they are older, I don't see many new games do it. Which is a shame, I think there should be more room for fresh concepts overall!
 
  • Like
Reactions: rorocchi
As long as it's fun and actually substantial, I think I would enjoy it. Though, the question is if it's an combat-oriented genre game with otome elements or an otome game with some combat gameplay. I would enjoy either, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the former would be an otome game or at least the romance is the point.

Also, there's the other question on how multiple playthroughs are dealt with. Sure, there could be things like new game+, but I feel like it would a slog to play from the beginning just to play all routes unless I take breaks lol....
 
  • Like
Reactions: rorocchi
Honestly, I'd enjoy either! I think combat could be really fun if it fits the story, especially when you can fight alongside your LI. But I'm also perfectly happy with a classic VN format if the choices and relationship development are well done.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rorocchi
I'd like it to feel like a free-to-play minigame, but I wouldn't like it if it had to be forced to play in order to progress through the story.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rorocchi
I was hoping for all ages RPG maker otome games (not from the one like MagicHouse) and JRPG format otome games like trails series or persona. But if it's ever realization, i couldn't fathom how many hours i would've spent for grinding through it lol (100+ hours for 1 game! whoa).
 
  • Like
Reactions: rorocchi and Marsik