Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Who else miss the old/veteran seiyuus in otome games ?

I miss the voice actors from earlier generations,
especially the veteran voice actors from the early Angelique series..
Their voices had this aura of storytellers from ancient legends,
filled with an unfathomable pull and a kind of magic.
They had an incredibly solid ability to create emotions and vivid imagery through restrained,
deep, and composed delivery.
That kind of presence felt absolutely rock-solid.
Especially with Ruby Party games from that era, where only certain parts were voiced,
you treasured those moments even more when your favorite characters finally spoke.
You could really feel the resonance of their voices and the sheer presence they brought to the characters.
 
The veteran seiyuus have such distinct voices, while I often find it hard to tell the newcomers apart.
hard agree on this one, i feel like the new seiyuu kinda lack the distinctiveness that makes their voice unique. in the past its really easy to tell who's and who but these days its kinda samey or sounds like normal male voice? of course they still did great in acting but at least some of them sounds similar for me

i miss distinct veteran voice like nakamura yuichi, hirakawa daisuke, kimura ryohei, kenjiro tsuda and akira ishida
 
Last edited:
Hoshi Souichirou!!!
When I first played Starry☆Sky, I liked his voice, but it seems like he has already semi-retired from the voice acting circle. Recently, I heard that he is producing a female-oriented game as a supervisor
true its hard to find him nowadays, thats why im surprised to find him voice an LI in Homura
 
This is partly the reason why I've been playing a lot of the old KOEI/Vingt/QuinRose games (also listening to older situation CDs)! It's so nostalgic hearing Hoshi Souichirou, Morikubo Shoutarou, Miyata Kouki, etc., their voices are very much distinguishable and "iconic," imo. Not that the newer generation seiyuus aren't great, but I agree that their voices sometimes sound so similar to one another and it doesn't help that the active companies (Otomate) keeps rehashing the same 5 seiyuus. 🥲
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ichisan
You're opening my wounds 💔 I miss them so much! The generational change's been inevitable, but I'm having hard times accepting it. I feel like the younger generation (1990's plus) is missing in color variety and there are only few that I can recognize. Maybe it's just me having troubles adapting but don't nearly all of them sound almost similar? I'm missing easily distunguishable voices like Suwabe, Ishida, Yusa, Morikawa, Midorikawa, Hirakawa, Koyasu, Hayami, Nakamura, Sugita, Namikawa, Toriumi, Miki, Tsuda...and many many more😭