Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

what makes you keep playing and stay loyal to an otome game or other game?

deluluscious

Active member
Distinguished
Aug 20, 2025
382
77
personally, for otome games, ive only played mr love and love and deepspace. since the global server for mr love closed, i only play love and deepspace now. i mostly just collect cards that i really like from my favorite li and dont really read the story. i enjoy the interactions and animations more. most importantly, they have a character i like, so i guess thats what keeps me playing.

but i also think its important when the developer really cares about the players. when love and deepspace announced a new li but suddenly removed him shortly after, i think that disappointed a lot of people. correct me if im wrong, but from what ive read in different discussions, there had already been a lot of complaints from players, but the developer didnt seem to address them much. when they suddenly removed the new li, it caused even more chaos.

im also one of the people who felt disappointed when they removed him because i really liked his character design and personality. now i feel a bit conflicted about playing the game. i still have an li i like in the game, but i also feel hurt when i play and remember that there was supposed to be a new li, but they removed him. so i dont think i can stay loyal to love and deepspace anymore.

but somehow, i always end up staying loyal to the nikki series, from love nikki to shining nikki and now infinity nikki. i still play all of them, but my main focus is infinity nikki now. i love wandering around the game, collecting outfits i like and abilities i need. somehow, the game feels cozy to me. sometimes i get frustrated with the mini games too, but sometimes i just skip them if i really cant do them.

if im not wrong, infinity nikki also had a lot of complaints before, but i dont really remember what happened. at that time, i wasnt reading many discussions, so i only knew that something was going on and things were getting heated.

somehow, i always end up playing games from the same company.
 
The artist or the scenario writer. If I love the artist, I will follow them everywhere (sometimes buying their artbooks too), the same goes for the writer. After all, if I like a particular dish from a restaurant, when they introduce a new menu item, it usually suits my taste too.

As for LADS, they have a new drama too, right (the drink)? It's been a long time since I've touched otome mobile games, but my friend who loves them always gives me an update... for the drama lol.

:lapi_drink:
 
  • Like
Reactions: laranjinha
Loving the characters or the game is important, but in the end, it's all about how the company runs it. The game I used to play kept pushing only the popular characters (in the story, monetization, etc.) so much that it became a real eyesore. Seeing the company just chase money like that actually killed my love for the game, so I ended up quitting....
 
  • Like
Reactions: laranjinha
For me, the content and my attachment to the characters play a big part on whether I stay loyal or not. However, if the developer have too many drama going on and the community is toxic, there's a chance I'll move on to other game
 
  • Like
Reactions: laranjinha
I think the storyline, art style, and character designs are the main factors that keep me playing an otome game for the long haul—especially when the developers continue to expand the game by adding events, new characters, or new routes. 😊
 
  • Like
Reactions: laranjinha
for me, it comes down to a lot of things but probably mostly:

- characters I genuinely care about. if i don't get attached to the characters im probably not going to stick around for very long.
a good non-generic story. i don't need something super complicated, but i want it to feel like it has its own identity and isn't just recycling the same tropes.
consistent updates, especially with mobile or indie games. even if the updates aren't huge knowing that the game is still being worked on makes me want to keep playing.
- fair monetization. im much more likely to stay loyal to a game when i don't feel pressured to constantly spend money just to enjoy the story or gameplay.
- nostalgia. sometimes ive played a game for so long, or it was part of my childhod (my candy love) that it just becomes special to me even if there are things about it that aren't perfect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tirin
For otome games, although there are many titles I want to play, I try to make sure I complete the game I'm currently playing before moving onto a new game. Right now I'm playing sins of KALEIDO but the desire to get to the final route—which happens to have my favorite voice actor—is making me stay loyal in this case hahahah
 
  • Like
Reactions: star light
A tightly written story with genuine emotional stakes, top-tier voice acting, and well-developed characters. Beautiful art brings me in, but it's the narrative depth and believable chemistry that keep me invested until the very end.
 
The longest otome game keep me playing was obey me stared playing like 2018?? Can't remember but I knew stayed for longest because wanted try my luck getting simeon cards and beel mammon cards trying do all the events trying get event cards fragments it was lowkey pretty stressful but also fun since enjoy the lore I do know lads almost had me staying but since I was there for one male lover didn't stay around too much I'm glad didn't since hated how range darker tone plus whole drama around other game just didn't want stick around