Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What is your favorite dere type in otome games, BL, or drama CDs?

What is your favorite type of dere?

  • Tsundere

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yandere

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Kuudere

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deredere

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mayadere

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dandere

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a different favorite dere type.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like any specific type of dere.

    Votes: 1 16.7%

  • Total voters
    6

Yashalun

Member
Distinguished
上級乙女
Mar 28, 2021
111
103
In many of these games or CDs, there might be a character who fits a specific "dere" archetype—you know, like tsundere, kuudere, yandere, etc.
So, what is your favorite "dere" type?
My personal favorites are Yandere and Deredere, though I love it when the two are combined. (I'm also interested in tsunderes and danderes.) I love yandere characters who are willing to do anything for the protagonist—and it's even better if they fall in love right from the start.
I've included definitions from VNDB below so that anyone who is interested—or isn't quite sure about the differences—can read them and decide.
Yandere: "Yandere is a Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence."
Tsundere: "Tsundere is a Japanese character development process which describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time."
Kuudere: "Kuuderes start as cold or impersonal towards the protagonist (and, possibly, everyone else) and then develop feelings for the protagonist as the story progresses."
Mayadere: "A deadly dangerous tsundere, a mayadere hero usually starts as an antagonist but switches sides after falling in love. This hero is unpredictable and dangerous for everyone including his romantic interest."
Dandere: "A dandere character is one who is usually antisocial and silent, that eventually changes to display their sweet, romantic, and loving soft side."
Deredere: "One of the heroes is deredere - he is utterly lovestruck with the protagonist essentially from the moment he meets him or her."
As I mentioned, these definitions came from VNDB.
That said, I know there are other "dere" types out there. Feel free to leave a comment if your favorite isn't in the poll, or if you not have a specific preference or just like a bit of everything.
Likewise, if you want to mention your favorite dere type—or a specific character—you can do so.
P.S. The poll allows you to select multiple options, since I know many of you have more than one—so feel free to choose whichever ones you like.
¡Me encantaría saber tu opinión!
:alice_bye:
 
  • Like
Reactions: nerim-w
I prefer tsundere characters. I love particularly spiky dudes who turn into total sweethearts. I just finished Otome Daoshi and I was very pleased with Yuhang's route.