Question What is this new layout? How do I able to switch back to the old one?

Alex Cross

Apr 17, 2021
The new layout looks too awful. It doesn't have a good organization or format like the old one. Is there any chance that we have a feature to switch back to old layout anytime soon?

The new layout looks too awful. It doesn't have a good organization or format like the old one. Is there any chance that we have a feature to switch back to old layout anytime soon?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new forum layout. We understand that change can sometimes be challenging, and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize if the new layout does not meet your expectations.

To better address your concerns, could you please provide us with specific details about what you find "awful" in the new layout? Understanding these aspects will help us determine if there are any improvements or adjustments that can be made to improve.

Please feel free to share any particular features, organization, or formatting aspects that you preferred in the previous forum version. Your input is valuable to us, and we want to ensure that the community's needs are met.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the new forum layout. We understand that change can sometimes be challenging, and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize if the new layout does not meet your expectations.

To better address your concerns, could you please provide us with specific details about what you find "awful" in the new layout? Understanding these aspects will help us determine if there are any improvements or adjustments that can be made to improve.

Please feel free to share any particular features, organization, or formatting aspects that you preferred in the previous forum version. Your input is valuable to us, and we want to ensure that the community's needs are met.
Hello, I have some feedbacks about the new layout, hope mine will help to improve this forum.

An example of a post in old layout: http://web.archive.org/web/20230325...forum/game-talk-11/visual-novels-game-367045/

1) Everything feels TOO BIG. It's like the whole thing slammed into your face. Be it the comment, the opening post, avatar of users or similar threads, they are too big compared to the old layout.
2) The new layout lacks of "New threads", "New forum posts" column in the right section like in the old layout. I really like that feature and it would be great if they can return in this new layout.
3) Would love to have "Bookmarks" and "Thread Information" return as well.
4) Overall, I think the layout for a post should be in the same size as old forum.

Upvote 0
  1. I understand that you find the interface elements to be larger than expected. If you could please provide a screenshot of your view and mark the areas you find too large, this would help us better understand your concern.

2. We agree that re-introducing the "New threads" and "New forum posts" column could be a beneficial feature. Consider it on our list of proposed improvements.

3. "Bookmarks" and "Thread Information" are elements we value as well. For bookmarks, simply click on the small bookmark icon located in the top right corner of any post. This will automatically save it to your profile. Can you show me a screenshot of the old "Thread Information"?

4. If you could further illustrate your preference for the post layout size, perhaps with a screenshot displaying the current view and your desired changes, it would truly assist us in considering your feedback.

Upvote 0
  1. I understand that you find the interface elements to be larger than expected. If you could please provide a screenshot of your view and mark the areas you find too large, this would help us better understand your concern.

2. We agree that re-introducing the "New threads" and "New forum posts" column could be a beneficial feature. Consider it on our list of proposed improvements.

3. "Bookmarks" and "Thread Information" are elements we value as well. For bookmarks, simply click on the small bookmark icon located in the top right corner of any post. This will automatically save it to your profile. Can you show me a screenshot of the old "Thread Information"?

4. If you could further illustrate your preference for the post layout size, perhaps with a screenshot displaying the current view and your desired changes, it would truly assist us in considering your feedback.
These are example comments from the new layout and old layout, I got the old layout from web archive above:

New: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678310315414519829/1144171567446765588/Untitled166.png
Old: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/678310315414519829/1144171567748747264/Untitled167.png

As you can see here, the new layout's comment box (or whatever it is called) took over the entire interface, while the comment box of old layout is way smaller than the new one, with the addition of "new threads" and "new forum posts" in the right-side column.

Another thing bugged me is that the pictures uploaded here are also way too big as well, for example:
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/230630-guilty-虜ノ契-~家族のために身体を差し出す姉と妹~-re:-h-game-crack.1334057/

The picture in the OP's post is very big while back when the old layout is still here, its size is way smaller which I believe have something to do with the size of comment box. Currently this is the major problem that I have in the new layout.

This is just some momentary thought but I believe the forum should have its own Discord server as well, since these days Discord is widely used because it's easier to communicate there than in forums.

Upvote 0
As you can see here, the new layout's comment box (or whatever it is called) took over the entire interface, while the comment box of old layout is way smaller than the new one, with the addition of "new threads" and "new forum posts" in the right-side column.

The area where you compose your comments is formally referred to as the Discussion Area. Its size can vary, based on the device you are using. While it may appear larger in the new layout due to the absence of sidebars, it is actually nearly the same size as it was on the old layout. We'll consider reintroducing the sidebars as an optional feature.

The Post Bit, which contains Avatars and other basic user information, is smaller than it was in version 1.

Images embeded on our forum can vary greatly in size, as the thread starter has the ability to adjust these settings. If they choose to embed a large image, it will appear as is. We will consider implementing a maximum size for images embedded within the discussion area to address this concern.

However, this behavior is the same in v1, you should see identical behavior in v1. Nothing has changed.

Upvote 0
The area where you compose your comments is formally referred to as the Discussion Area. Its size can vary, based on the device you are using. While it may appear larger in the new layout due to the absence of sidebars, it is actually nearly the same size as it was on the old layout. We'll consider reintroducing the sidebars as an optional feature.

The Post Bit, which contains Avatars and other basic user information, is smaller than it was in version 1.

Images embeded on our forum can vary greatly in size, as the thread starter has the ability to adjust these settings. If they choose to embed a large image, it will appear as is. We will consider implementing a maximum size for images embedded within the discussion area to address this concern.

However, this behavior is the same in v1, you should see identical behavior in v1. Nothing has changed.
Thank you for your concern. I hope old features like right-side column with new threads, new forum posts will return soon. And the aforementioned sidebars.
On the other hand I think the search bar is an improvement compared to the old one. It's easier to search for something in the forum now.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25