Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What do you think about manga, manhwa, and manhua?

I'm most familiar with manga. Actually, I tend to like slightly older manga, like Naruto and One Piece.

As for web novels, I've never really read any Japanese or Chinese ones. The only Korean web novel I know is Solo Leveling, haha.
 
The story and the drawing, I started to love Manhwa more than Manga. Manga feels like cliché with typical kudere characters and naive female lead. In Manhwa, I see a lot of strong ladies who does need men and they are independent. In Manga, I see a lot of ladies who are so depending on men a lot for every problems they have. Its just my thoughts. Usually, I would love woman to have their own voice and make choice without male leads. I see abit culture and society differences with manhwa and culture between Korean and Japan. Manhwa stands out more to me because of using colors vs Manga. I used to like Manga when I was young but as I get older and independent I feel like Manhwa related more to me.
 
I mostly read manga and manhwa, and sometimes manhua as well. I tend to stick to specific genres, though, so I don't really explore many different ones.

As for novels, I occasionally read Japanese ones, but I haven't found many that I've really gotten hooked on lately.

I'm also interested in Korean web novels, so I'm thinking about giving them a try sometime.
 
i love all three of them! i started reading manga and collecting physical copies back then. nowadays, i mostly read them online, and i've also been reading more manhwa. but lately, i've found myself not reading as much as i used to.
i think manga, manhwa, and manhua each have their own unique characteristics. i don't really know how to explain it, but each of them has a different atmosphere and vibe.
for me, though, it really depends on the quality of the story and the art. usually, i'll keep reading something if i like both the story and the art style. but even if the art is really good, if i can't stand the story, i probably won't continue reading it.
so yeah, i love all three, but in the end, it really comes down to whether the story and art suit my taste.
 
Maybe, it's because I starts with manga which is why I like it the most.
But, I read manhwa nowadays, not because its better quality but its speed in uploading new chapter.
For manhua, I hardly touch it.
I read BL most. In term of story, I think manga is still better than manhwa in my opinion. At least, not all BL manga with long chapter doesn't end getting bred for every couple of chapters like manhwa. And I don't read much BL manhua to give my opinion.
 
I seldom watch chinese comic now, because BL comics are strictly censored. I mainly watch Japanese comics and Korean comics, but some characters in Korean BL comics like to paint this thick lip gloss, especially pink, so I don't like it.
 
i really love manga and manwha, I love the villainess/historical/princess tropes in manwhas~ I don't really read or prefer manhua over the other two
 
Manga is good, manhua is okay-ish, and manhwa sometime have generic plot and weird male body if you know what i mean.
 
I'm with manga! Tbh when i read manhwas i can't help but notice how much assets are in them and so it's distracting for me 😭
 
I enjoy reading manga, but for manhwa, I prefer watching detailed plot summaries on YouTube. As for manhua, I don't care for them; I find the storylines unengaging and unoriginal, and the art style lacks a distinctive character.

When it comes to novels, I prefer Western fantasy or works with philosophical themes 😁.
 
I definitely prefer manga over manhwa or manhua. The black-and-white paneling, expressive linework, and traditional pacing feel much more atmospheric and deliberate. While full-color webtoons have their charm, mature psychological or mystery stories just hit deeper in classic manga formatting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: leylah1578
I really love comics, too. In my opinion, they seem to follow current trends; while they feel fresh as I read them, there are often aspects that leave something to be desired. As for other media, I've been reading webtoons lately.
 
I used to be more of a manga guy but I've grown to like manhwa more, I also read manhua on the occasion but not often. I usually read CN web novels more often than I do with manhua tbh. I still switch between them all depending on my mood though, I never stick to one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: laminate
I personally enjoy reading Korean comics very much. Because he always brings me novel experiences. The art style of Korean comics is very gorgeous, mainly because the character stories are full of various imaginations, which is great!
 
  • Like
Reactions: laminate
Manga is top tier in my opinion, though there is lack of concept in this nowadays due to the pressure from the reader compares to back then in the 2000, manhua is always talked big at first and then 9/10 of the time it ended up boring or/and hanging, hiatus, confusing ending. Manhwa is mostly like instant noodles for me but there are some that did very good at story telling and pretty art.
 
  • Like
Reactions: laminate
I read both manga and manhwa. I hardly read manhua but it really depends on the artstyle if i'll read one, in my opinion. Honestly, I started with reading manga and I still love it lol i just never get tired of reading manga no matter what the genre is, as long as it's interesting to me ˃͈◡˂͈
 
I love all three! ♡ Manga, manhwa, and manhua each have their own charm, and I love how different their art styles and storytelling can be. I'm especially fond of manhwa, particularly BL, but there's always something new to discover in all three. They bring me so much happiness, and I could honestly spend hours reading them! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ
 
  • Like
Reactions: laminate
While manga, manhwa, and manhua all have their own charm, I definitely lean toward manhwa and manhua because they're fully colored! The vibrant visuals bring the characters and scenes to life, making the reading experience much more vivid and engaging for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Breeze Daydream