Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Unique Otome Audio Characters?

redcatdream

New member
乙女
Recognized
Dec 29, 2024
60
282
I'm curious about others' favourite characters in Otome Doujin or Drama CD, as I have a few of my own that I always turn back to no matter what. I'd like to know what makes a character that we only know through the actor's/actress's performance in, almost always, a singular work (and most of my favourites have no sequel ~</3)
Beware! I will spoil and not look back !
My all-time personal favourites aren't in a particular order (as my no.1 or no.2) but here they are:

  • Tooru from 斜陽のアネモネ ―義兄が愛しんだ花は咲いた― performed by the sultry and full of range 深川緑 ♡
His character stands out for me since the setting, story, and conflict seemed so intriguing. He was deeply hedonistic and carefree about it yet his ways weren't tactless nor made him a shameless playboy but an interesting character who, in its own right, is pleasure-seeking and gave a different perspective (to me) about extramarital affairs... He's probably the only man to ever tempt me to question such ways and reflect upon them! Not to mention the performance was so good I can never stop returning to it ♡ !!!
  • Takatsuka Masaru from 溺愛監禁 零 performed by the pioneer of elder's allure 茶介 ♡
His character seems absurd at first, as his motives are simply the love of the heroine which is alerting as a woman to be honest, but what made him lovable and heartrending was the heroine's struggles and mental anguish because she believes she's unlovable, difficult, and unworthy of a place among the mortals and what breaks me most of all is that she doesn't realise she's loved and worthy of love and affection... this conflict was so beautifully executed and the tracks and everything were so amazing... And I cannot not be heartbroken for them because it's full of hope yet so helplessly realistic... I can't keep praising this one work enough...
  • Everyone in the cursed series 濡羽の家の祟り婚

Every single one of them is dear and and twisted beyond repair or pity at times but each one is outstanding in his own right... it's literally my favourite historical setting series to ever grace my collection !
  • Arise Shiki from 狂愛らぶとろセックス~策士なヤクザにハニトラを仕掛けたら全て罠で逆にハメられました~ performed by 三橋渡 ♡
He's lethal in the way it almost short-circuits your brain and it's not particularly from lust (although he's good... it's absurd to say it bluntly) but from the questioning of how he's so calm and yet sinister with the heroine... it's almost like breaking her but it's not... somehow it's a draw of patching her up then sweetly poisoning her all over again... I struggle with him (as I struggle with yanderes not out of contempt or disgust or dislike but because I cannot really comprehend them... I can enjoy them though!) but love his character so much and especially with Mitsuhashi's performance which simply makes the most mediocre things a 10/10.
  • Kunihiko from 四柳の因習兄 performed by my third all-time favourite 緑緑緑 ♡
That man is pathetically restraining himself, his likes, his dislikes, everything really, and all for what? It makes me laugh and rejoice in a twisted way, honestly. I enjoyed him the most in the series because he's so taut in the most obvious ways but he refuses to acknowledge it, speak it, or even dare to attempt it but it's all a front he keeps up for the sake of the family and that in itself is why he's the most fun and unsettling of them (Oto comes second if I think of it that way)... it's both hilarious and troubling. But oh, when he loses it, that's when the real fun began for me. I especially love anything by 緑緑緑, honestly most of his things end up in my DL Sound or in my to-get list, but this one was so fun I just love it so much... he's one of the few ones that make me deeply scared for my bank account.
  • Sumiya from 御曹司の寵愛と従者の愛欲 ~氷室澄哉~ セット performed by one of my dearest low-voiced actors 久喜大 ♡
His apparent indifference, but deeply ingrained pity and love for his brother, is full of his awareness of being unruly and untamed nature... he's aware that he's not the right man for the position or anything and would rather act out in his true nature but he's there to overlook both heroine and Hayato. And when he realises that he and heroine are made of the same cloth, that they both care for Hayato but are restraining themselves for him and his happiness and how condescending he's about it even though he's not that different from her is where this twisted relationship has the best scene...

It got so long and I got so seriously invested on it that I forgot myself, hehe. Looking forward to hear about everyone's favourites & opinions ฅᨐฅ !

​
 
Last edited: