Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Thoughts on shota/youger li?

I absolutely love younger and cute characters!
I just want to adore them and shower them with affection!
That said, if the age gap is too large, it's a little difficult for me...
Once a character is too young, like a shota character, I just can't develop romantic feelings or feel that kind of excitement toward them.
 
I like characters who are younger than the protagonist, but I don't like child-like characters—like *shota* types. It's hard to see them as a potential romantic partner 😓
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hayate Sasa
Depends on the age really, sometimes i'll just speed through their route as a curiosity and for completionism, but if they are teenagers or stuff like that i just put myself in the character shoes/ the shoes of baby me when i just started playing otomes lol i owe her that much after having taking so long to actually go through the routes she wanted to do
 
I tend to prefer older characters, so very young shota characters or younger characters aren't really my thing...
 
I don't really find them appealing tbvh i don't mind if it's just a view years younger but i draw the line with shota li because i tend to self insert when i play otome so imagining having a romantic relationship with a child is just a nono for me
 
  • Like
Reactions: sweetymana
I've never been attracted to shota or younger characters. If anything, I've always found them a bit difficult to get into. I've felt that way ever since I was a kid myself, even when I was the same age as the shota characters.
I'm much more drawn to older characters—or even guys who are more on the middle-aged side.
 
I'm not sure, but if they're just a little younger, I don't mind. But if it's a shota LI, I'll skip that. Like, nah…
 
I don't really like Shota as love interests but I would love it if they were relatives for female lead. They will he awesome as companions for female lead not as love interests. Another way like best friends or childhood friend would be great. As a love interests, it would be kinda doing a bit dangerous because they are way too young.
 
is this a trap quesion? 😭 idk but i have feeling this question is the reason i got banned (it didn't tell why tho).... well i don't mind if there's any younger LI....
 
I like younger li but not shota. I'll be honest I've always been drawn the to shorter more playful li, but I can't stand it when they are obnoxiously childish or immature. After I turned 18 I even started avoiding otome games/routes with characters below 18 or set in high school altogether because it just makes me feel gross. If there's no canonical age, I go off of the maturity which is usually more than obvious enough to decide whether I feel comfortable with perusing or avoiding said character.