Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Question [SOLVED] Possible external sharing of a download link

Riz.

Active member
Distinguished
極乙女
Aug 18, 2026
425
1,166
I would like to ask the moderators about something that concerns me.

Recently, I shared an otome audio work using Buzzheavier.
The thread was publicly available from September 13 to September 26, for a total of 13 days, and the file was downloaded 70 times during that period.
I then removed the download link from the forum. However, the link itself was still active at that point, so anyone who already had the URL could still access the file directly.
Even after I removed the link from the forum, there were another 30 downloads between September 26 and September 30.
The download link was hidden using Hidden Content in the thread, and I have not shared the link anywhere outside of the thread.

I cannot say for certain that the link was leaked externally, but given that there were 30 additional downloads after the link had been removed from the forum, I don't think the possibility that someone with an Otome badge shared the link outside the forum can be ruled out.

I would therefore like to ask whether there are any plans to strengthen the measures in the Otome section to prevent external sharing in the future.
I apologize for taking up your time, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know your thoughts on this matter.
Thank you very much for your time and help.
 
It maybe cause anything hosted on buzzheavier is also indexed on search engines so the additional downloads may come from google
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
Upvote 0
It maybe cause anything hosted on buzzheavier is also indexed on search engines so the additional downloads may come from google
I see. That's a relief. Thank you for explaining this to me.

So, as I understand it, since I'm currently uploading password-protected archives to MEGA, they should be safe for now as long as the password itself isn't leaked. Is that correct?

I was worried that someone might have been intentionally sharing my links outside the forum, so I'm relieved to know that there may be another explanation for the additional downloads.

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this and for your help!
 
Upvote 0
I see. That's a relief. Thank you for explaining this to me.

So, as I understand it, since I'm currently uploading password-protected archives to MEGA, they should be safe for now as long as the password itself isn't leaked. Is that correct?

I was worried that someone might have been intentionally sharing my links outside the forum, so I'm relieved to know that there may be another explanation for the additional downloads.

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this and for your help!
I think MEGA is a bit safer cause I don't see search engines indexing files. It's good that it is password-protected, just make it long & complex so that the AI can't brute force it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riz.
Upvote 0
I think MEGA is a bit safer cause I don't see search engines indexing files. It's good that it is password-protected, just make it long & complex so that the AI can't brute force it
I'm currently generating a unique 16-character password for each file, using a combination of symbols, letters, and numbers.

Thank you very much for your detailed advice and for taking the time to help me.

I think I can consider this matter resolved for now. If I have any other questions in the future, I'll ask for your help again.

Thank you again for taking the time to assist me. I really appreciate it!
 
Upvote 0