Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Side portrait MC (Protagonist) vs No side portrait MC?

while i dont think it's necessary i still really like side portraits !!! i dont understand why so many games create such detailed and pretty designs for the heroines only to not show them off properly aside from cgs </3 i especially felt this a lot for hinagiku (uchronia) and kanna (unlogical) because i found both of those mcs to have such beautiful character designs and also well established personalities and roles so i found it really lacking that we didnt get side portraits too T^T

plus it's fun when a li says something that pisses you off, only to see that the side portrait looks just as annoyed / disappointed as well lol
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I prefer that they have a portrait and that their expressions and feelings can be seen, although I could play with whether their portrait is there or not, but I prefer that they have an image because that way I can see her as a girl with personality, with feelings, someone who has a soul and essence.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I'm a self-insert player, and seeing the heroine's side portrait has never bothered me! In fact, I love seeing her sprites and her different expressions and reactions. It's honestly a bonus if she's voiced as well. c:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I'm a self-insert player, and seeing the heroine's side portrait has never bothered me! In fact, I love seeing her sprites and her different expressions and reactions. It's honestly a bonus if she's voiced as well. c:
This! Absolutely agree! side portrait + voiced MC. How i hope once in a while there's MC like teuta/rin (ayagohan) or hibari. one can dream :sobs:
 
I'm fine with either, but if the screen feels too cramped or cluttered, I'd rather not have one. When I'm playing on a handheld, small dialogue text can already be hard to read, so I don't want the screen to feel even more crowded. But on a big TV, I think having a side portrait makes the screen feel more lively and adds a nice visual touch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuhiru
I love having a side portrait! It's so cute!

2026-03-15-08-20-44.png

One of my favourites is the side portrait from Mistonia's Hope, it's so ornate and beautiful! Plus I love the main character's design so much. I literally only started playing the game because of her lol.

Either way, games with side portraits always let you turn them off anyway. I think its ultimately always better to have the option.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I love having a side portrait! It's so cute!

2026-03-15-08-20-44.png

One of my favourites is the side portrait from Mistonia's Hope, it's so ornate and beautiful! Plus I love the main character's design so much. I literally only started playing the game because of her lol.

Either way, games with side portraits always let you turn them off anyway. I think its ultimately always better to have the option.
You remind me about this game. I haven't played the game but i tried the game a bit so i know that Aprose side portrait is special! I mean she's blinking too. It's a lovely touch in the game ngl.
 
  • Like
Reactions: b3rryb3rry
The protagonist's appearance never detracts from the immersive experience, and since I find it easier to enjoy the story when I can see the MC's expressions and reactions, I prefer portraits of the protagonist.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I like side portrait and I like it better when she was outside the textbox 24 hours and standing next to the li all the time wish there was more I only played 3 game like this
1791044870577.jpeg

this Is someone screenshot cause I don't have any screenshots like this
 
I prefer with the mc side portrait if I had to choose. It's makes the game more fun when I can see the expressions. I'm also ok without it if the story is good.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I think side portrait really helps to understand MC emotions. Also some moments feel more alive (?) I
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I like side portrait and I like it better when she was outside the textbox 24 hours and standing next to the li all the time wish there was more I only played 3 game like this
View attachment 120834
this Is someone screenshot cause I don't have any screenshots like this
this is good and yeah i agree this is rare. As far as i know birushana is also count on it too i guess? it is giving third person narrative, i prefer this too because i'm not self insert player.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Xykoss
Both is okay, but I preferred MC portrait
Even though I do self insert sometimes I also enjoy being third person watching the story unfold in the routes of my favorite LIs and the MC
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yuhiru
I don't really enjoy or love to self insert & I love MC/heroine and generally leave her default name untouched so seeing her and her reactions are a great joy to me ~

I honestly enjoy being involved with the story as spectator/reader ♡ and if I were to self insert I wouldn't change MC/Heroine at all but create an OC because I love the girls as they are ~
 
  • Like
Reactions: nanoO
I love side portraits cuz MCs are cute and interesting to watch.
It
's important for me to see the MC to better understand her emotions and feelings.

I also like the character portrait from a purely aesthetic standpoint; the interface looks kinda empty without it
 
  • Love
Reactions: redcatdream
I'm a mc portrait liker, it helps me understand what the mc is supposed to be feeling, and I am not too great at picking up on emotions through text.