Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Self-insert mc or no?

I usually enjoy the story without self-inserting myself into it.
I don't change the protagonist's name, and I feel that the protagonist and I are two separate people.
That said, I still laugh and feel sad along with her, and I can empathize with her feelings.
I think the closest way to describe it is that I experience the story through the protagonist's eyes, as if I'm inside her perspective, while still remaining myself.
 
i don't really care for self inserting. i see the mc as herself but when it comes to dl i self insert but its still hard when the mc looks nothing like me lol
 
It's a bit of this and a bit of that: I like to self-insert as the protagonist and identify with her, but I also want her to have a name, a face, a personality, and a backstory—not just be a ghost who appeared out of nowhere without a history or name, making no meaningful choices, and serving merely as a pretty face for a CG. Because of that, if they already have names, I leave them exactly as they are.
So, you could say I adopt their story, name, and personality as if they were my own, and I identify with their essence.