Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Have you ever sped up an (R-18) otome audio drama?

Understanding clear Japanese enunciation at 2x speed is an absolute flex! I wish I could have this ability 🫡😂
Playing at double speed compresses the rhythm of emotional expression, making it difficult for people to fully perceive the emotional depth in the audio, thereby weakening their ability to empathize with the plot. Therefore, I believe that when time permits, playing at the original speed is actually the best choice. ☺️
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tirin
Nope... Generally i don't consume my media fast-paced like that lol makes me wonder how's anyone enjoy something like they're in a rush (no offense just fascinating to me)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tirin
I haven't tried fast-forwarding, but when I listen to a drama CD repeatedly, I tend to skip to the parts I want to hear. I should try fast-forwarding too
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tirin
Yes, I have to admit that I have. Sometimes the story part feels a little slow or I start getting bored, so I end up speeding up the audio because I want to get to the part where things actually get interesting. 😭
I don't do it all the time, but when I'm waiting for something to happen and feel like it's taking too long, I definitely turn up the speed a little.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Tirin
Yes, I have to admit that I have. Sometimes the story part feels a little slow or I start getting bored, so I end up speeding up the audio because I want to get to the part where things actually get interesting. 😭
I don't do it all the time, but when I'm waiting for something to happen and feel like it's taking too long, I definitely turn up the speed a little.
I completely understand that, and it makes perfect sense to me. I have to admit, I don't have the patience to listen to long, drawn-out sections without speeding them up 😅
 
I always watch videos at double speed, but I've never done that with audio.
It's true that the pacing can be slow sometimes, and there are times when I want to skip ahead—but in those cases, instead of playing it at double speed, I usually just skip to the next track.
 
Never! Speeding up an audio drama completely ruins the voice actor's pacing, tone, and breathwork. Audio dramas are meant to be an immersive experience, especially the quiet pauses and whispered lines, so playing them at anything faster than 1.0x breaks the entire atmosphere.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tirin