Leyline

Trusted Member
Dec 5, 2018
gBkoGNK7_o.png

52fC5q2C_o.png

X9CUzpqL_o.png

Fuukan no Grasesta / 封緘のグラセスタ Full English Machine Translation

Why?
Current version of VNR can't embed into Grasesta (Amayui also had broken dialog embedding due to ruby text if remember correctly)
I like to play Eushully games offline on a tablet, so I wrote my own part of toolset chain to make dialog machine translation possible.
I went straight to the dialogs and skipped graphics interface translation, as one always appears in a week - this time is no exception.
I will talk about its installation on top of this dialog translation later.

What works:

• Pretty much all the text is translated. Machine Translator used: Google (it is very good these days with JP)
    +Custom Dictionaries +Grasesta character names Dictionary.
    It should be better than the translation you get from VNR and such (+ it’s instant and offline). Total length of the machine translation ~476k words (game + AP1).
  • Includes all dialog and UI labels (items, skills, descriptions, tutorials, codex, etc.)
  • Ruby text is also solved. Ruby is deleted and strings are merged and restructured in script files.
  • Word wrap mostly works for dialogs.

How to install:
Unpack the archive into game folder overwriting any existing files.

If you want interface translation (and you do) first apply this path and then interface transaction on top.
Get it here Fuukan no Grasesta / 封緘のグラセスタ English Interface Translation
Right now (interface translation (IT) v0.2) still has untranslated text (tutorials, some items), so you have a choice:

1. (a) Apply this + IT in full (.AGF + .BIN) and get some things well translated and some in JP
  2. (b) Apply this + only .AGF files from IT (no .BIN or only GAINIT.BIN) and get all the graphics from IT and Full machine translation.
In the future, when all the things from interface translation BINs will be translated, you should always opt for “a”.

Known Issues:

• ~1.5% of the scenes is still untranslated. You can have VNR hooked and paused, to unpause when needed.
  • Some text does not fit its container. English translation is longer than Japanese text, and it needs a human retranslation to make it fit.
  • Some lines can have an extra space on the line start (my word wrap implementation is fast and hacky).
  • Word wrapping has artifacts for ~5% of screens.
  • Word wrapping always have artifacts on non-dialog screens (Like tutorials. They will be probably replaced by partial translations,
    so I solved only for dialogs. Still very readable thought)
  • ~0.5% of lines are a total untranslated mess of repeating characters (Google uses black magic for translation,
    and sometimes it goes crazy. The same behavior is observed in chrome page translation)

P.S. I've only tested the start of the game, but everything seems to work fine. It’s still possible that something maybe epically broken in the later parts of the game,
but it’s unlikely, and it’s impossible to test for all 40k+ translated lines of text.
I don't plan on making a human translation (english is just one of the languages I've studied) or improve on word wrap - this will need manual script files mapping and I want to finally play the game.
I've found this patch very helpful for myself, so I'm just sharing it as is. It’s not perfect, but it does the job. Everything is generated by one lazy but wicked-smart script,
that does lots of guess work on its own, so don’t expect a human touch.

Download the Patch (6MB):
Game Version 1.00+AP1
Version 0.2 (last) (Game Version 1.00+AP1)
Mirror 1 Version 0.2 (last)
Mirror 2 Version 0.2 (last)

Previous versions:
Version 0.1 (Game Version 1.00+AP1)

If the links don't work:
Attachments are limited to 5 mb, so translation files are are split between 2 archives. Just download both and extract.

Attachments

• grst2.png
    grst2.png
    626.3 KB · Views: 2,028
  • grst3.png
    grst3.png
    807 KB · Views: 278
  • grst1.png
    grst1.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 381
  • grasesta_full_auto_translation_patch_v2_part_1.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 922
  • grasesta_full_auto_translation_patch_v2_part_2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 893
Last edited:
I was uploading a quickfix, so I took one link down for around 15 seconds. :) Right now both are working for me. praqueperguntas, can you download now? Also there is a copy in the attachment (split archive), functioning like a download mirror.

I renamed the zip file but WinRAR can't extract it. Also the Mega link doesn't work for some reason.

Mega are link still ok for me, but I've added and tested a Mirror. + now files in the attachment are 2 separate valid zip archives (I've used 7zip for multi-archive before). So probably this should solve the problem with WinRAR.

Last edited:
Thanks I got it. Do you know why when I start the game and the first text box pops up it crashes the game? I copied your patch and the other patch over, also the crack to play the game.

Mikazuki81, I’m testing different configurations, as the one I use can be too vanilla for most of the people - special VM for Eushully with Win7 with win patches + native JP locale for unicode + 1.0 version of the game + AP1. I’ve tried to do a clean install (on JP locale) + translation patches (downloaded from the links, to be thorough) 2 times, and it was a success without any font changes (the notorious "MS UI Gothic"), both of the times. So Win7JP1.0AP1 confirmed working. Having native JP system helps immensely with Eushully games (but you have to disable anti aliasing after the first game crash, if you are using a VM, like I do).
I’ve tried installation on Win8 English. Installation should be done via ntleas and it’s a quest in itself as I had to set unicode to JP to install AP1. Translation patches worked without font change.

If you are still experiencing crashes try to do these in order, until it helps:
change the font to "MS UI Gothic"
check that the game version matches (1.0)
reinstall the game with Japanese unicode and use ntleas to run it
get a Japanese Win7 VM with gpu support - it will remove all the problems, if you are serious about playing Eushully games. :)

Ok so I have Windows 10, Japanese Locale and Locale Emulator. Both patches installed and I installed it while my computer had the Japanese locale set instead of English, but it still crashes. I really want to give this game a try, I also don't know how to change the font because when I try to quick the option section it crashes. But when I click the AGE file it opens up some config settings but it doesn't really have a font setting(just Direct 3D, sound settings and some other stuff).Screenshot (7).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).png

Last edited:
Mikazuki81, Ok. If the problem is indeed in the font, it should be changed before the patches. Remove all *.BIN files from the game folder except SYS4INI.BIN (removes all text patches). Than try to go to the options and change the font (in game). Then reapply the patches. Also I was not able to play with Locale Emulator - only with ntlea. Does the game work for you with no patches? What version do you have? Does it crash on interface patch only (without machine translated one)?

P.S. I've also had the same pain 7 years ago when I was playing Kamidori before it was translated, so ever since then I use a JP virtual machine for all the Eushully games. -_-

I had the update to 1.01 and I tried on 1.00. I'll try the way you suggested and try using ntlea real quick.

Mikazuki81, I've installed 1.01 and... it works fine. The translation was made from 1.0, so I can't 100% be sure that it works in 1.01, but it looks like it's not the cause of the crash.

I got it to work once I followed what you said about changing the font. The game works fine, the translation is nice. I can understand the sentences even though there worded kind of weird. Thanks for your help.

I am actually having a little bug with the patch. From the images, I can tell that some things like skill descriptions/names and the Options menu should have been translated, but those are still appearing in Japanese (with the exception, oddly, of the "weapon" skills and the "overworld" skills like Greatsword or "Thief"). I am using version 1.00 + AP1, as downloaded from girlcelly's torrent on this site. Any tips on how to fix that? The game is playable as is, but would be cool to have more info.

praqueperguntas, you've probably installed "English Interface Translation" in full. It reverts lots of things to JP. You can try to install this patch + only .AGF files and GAINIT.BIN from "Interface Translation"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25