Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Does cover art/ thumbnails play a role in your cd choices?

john_anime

New member
Oct 3, 2026
9
10
I don't know if it's just me but I find that cover art/thumbnails are the backbone of drama cds.

As humans, we all eat with our eyes first. The more eye catching and captivating the art; the more likely we are to listen, right?? 👀

Those crisp art works are the perfect combination to go along with the cd! Ngl if the cover art isn't appealing to me… I probably won't listen. I know, I know, very superficial of me. Judging books by there covers is so last year.

Now I know what you're thinking "but johnnn… you'll miss so many hidden gems with that mindset!!" And to that I say "yolo".

Lol but seriously I am trying to branch out though!! If anyone knows any ugly cover art with god tier voice acting… I better be the first to know

:cometry:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Mikukyun
I think the cover art does play a significant role in trying to lure fans to buy it. Some covers are too brutal or not aesthetic enough will also turn off some people because we do look at the packaging first.
 
  • Like
Reactions: john_anime
I think the cover art does play a significant role in trying to lure fans to buy it. Some covers are too brutal or not aesthetic enough will also turn off some people because we do look at the packaging first.
Exactly, not having aesthetic cover art in some circumstances, can dissuade listeners from even giving it chance. Or so I've been told.🤓🤓
 
Absolutely! I probably wont listen to it if it has low quality cover art. Im not expecting a masterpiece because i know studios have limited budget but if the ML looks too goofy ill give it a pass. Also I dont fuck with AI covers at all, I stay far away from them.

Usually, i think most cover art is nice, but then in rare cases there are just some gorgeously drawn cds that REALLY catch your eye and think wow, is this really just a CD?!! Those types of art have me downloading even before I read the synopsis cuz damn, I gotta get on it whatever that is 😂
 
I consider the CD cover design to be a crucial element, as I view it as the visual embodiment of the character's appeal. There have even been times when I bought a CD immediately after seeing just the cover design.

I've bought releases that just had text on the cover, but since I mostly bought them solely for the voice actor, it felt like a bit of a gamble—the quality really varied.
 
  • Like
Reactions: john_anime
10000% yes. art that i like makes me prioritize them. i have some uncommon tastes where ill look at every work which has them, but if its something vanilla, only the good covers win.
 
  • Like
Reactions: john_anime
honestly same hahaha 😂 the cover art is usually what catches my attention first. if the art looks good and there is japanese voice acting then im already interested. i know im probably missing some hidden gems because of this but it's hard to resist pretty art 😭 now im curious to see what recommendations people have
 
  • Like
Reactions: john_anime
Absolutely! I probably wont listen to it if it has low quality cover art. Im not expecting a masterpiece because i know studios have limited budget but if the ML looks too goofy ill give it a pass. Also I dont fuck with AI covers at all, I stay far away from them.

Usually, i think most cover art is nice, but then in rare cases there are just some gorgeously drawn cds that REALLY catch your eye and think wow, is this really just a CD?!! Those types of art have me downloading even before I read the synopsis cuz damn, I gotta get on it whatever that is 😂
Precisely! I know that budgets aren't the highest for studios. So having something at least a little palatable is a must!! If the ml is drawn funky, it can be a bit of a turn off lol🤧🤧

Omg Ai covers are the bain of my existence!!! There's no love or personality in any of them. Also wasting water on shitty cds is crazy work. Why do that when you could put money in a starving artists pocket instead!!?🥺

And I know exactly what you mean about godly cover art! Sometimes I go back to them and I need to take in the beautiful sight in front of me🤓🤓
 
well yeah !! 'cause whenever i see a cd, i always look at the cover first before checking the tags and product summary 😭
So trueee, cover art takes complete priority. Especially when you finally look at the tags/ summary and it makes you reconsider buying lol

:sowwy:
 
honestly same hahaha 😂 the cover art is usually what catches my attention first. if the art looks good and there is japanese voice acting then im already interested. i know im probably missing some hidden gems because of this but it's hard to resist pretty art 😭 now im curious to see what recommendations people have
Yesss, we are all simple creatures. We see pretty art and hear attractive voice and we buy!!🤪

I hope someone can prove me wrong, and actually recommend some good cds. so fingers crossed!!!
:anblink:
 
Ngl i choose my CD by looking at the cover first, isn't it obviously, especially the artist do best at their job by creating the appearances that stick to the character's personality, most of the time I picked the CD cuz I got my fav vibe. Also, there are AI drama CDs these days and I'm just sick of it, by looking at the visual, I can reduce my time to not click on those, AI slop just not for meee
 
  • Like
Reactions: john_anime
Ngl i choose my CD by looking at the cover first, isn't it obviously, especially the artist do best at their job by creating the appearances that stick to the character's personality, most of the time I picked the CD cuz I got my fav vibe. Also, there are AI drama CDs these days and I'm just sick of it, by looking at the visual, I can reduce my time to not click on those, AI slop just not for meee
You get it!! You can immediately tell that the artist put their soul into the art and it shows😍 The way they are able to portray the ml and fl is simply *chefs kiss*

And unfortunately yes, Ai slop has been taking over drama cds these days. I never would have thought this could happen tbh. Though maybe if we all collectively ignore them, they will get the hint and stop "producing" them🥺🥺🥺