Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Do you journal/blog/write to keep track of your Otome backlog?

mellowmachi

New member
乙女
Aug 28, 2026
46
34
I'm wondering about your tracking system for Otome aside from koilog or similar backlog tracker, more specifically in writing down your impression, review, plot summary, anything memorable or anything in general when playing an Otome! :boys_iwantyou:
For those who do, did you guys jot it down on a physical notebook? Notion? Spreadsheet? Blog/ Online Journal?
How did you even start and how did you find one that suits you best? :akazukin_puppyeyes:
I've never really did it before, and started thinking of doing so.....since it'd be such a shame if I put down a game for so long I'd forget about the basic common route plot or lore from previous route haha
Anything to share/tips/details would be much appreciated! I'd love to read them in details > <:hapgirl:
:boys_thanks:
 
I love taking notes of what I read/watch/play so I can look back on them and it can take multiple forms.

For books, I have been keeping reading logs in physical form for years now, and I invested in a lot of highlighters so I could highlight the quotes I like from the books I've read. I just love looking back at my notes and seeing a rainbow while flipping the pages :happywhistle:

For games and shows/movies, I used to just kind of liveblog them to friends or on socmed threads, but in the past few months I've started keeping an Obsidian vault! Initially I made it only to have a digital copy of my physical reading notes and as a personal diary, but now I've been slowly working on turning it into a log for everything I get into digitally and an offline media tracker (seeing some people's own trackers really made me want to have a proper tracker setup).

Honestly, Obsidian is very powerful in terms of customization and plugins. I'd say it's like Notion's offline cousin, if you're familiar with that program. There's a bit of a learning curve in my opinion, but fortunately there are a lot of resources out there to help out.

In my case, I've managed to find a theme I like and plugins that fit my personal use. I've even recently found a media tracker plugin that fits my personal preferences, so I've been slowly adding back things that I had logged on online tracking platforms like VNDB or MAL. The only thing it's missing is a music tracker because I also like keeping track of that, so it's going to be my next pet project once I'm not so busy with work.

Once I have everything set up, I'll hopefully be able to have my log notes that are kept like a diary on one side so I know on which day exactly I played something, and then the media tracker pages themselves will contain more summarized thoughts, like reviews of sorts.

That being said, even with the offline tracker ambitions, I still track stuff on online platforms solely for the sake of sharing with friends and people who are curious about my taste.