Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussing Growing Dlsite Trends (Idol Series Asmr Mainly)

hib

Active member
Distinguished
上級乙女
Aug 26, 2021
271
335
Hello Everyone, This Is My First Thread On The Corner ( EDIT : It's Not , I Forgot ! ! But , This Is My First Serious One ! ! ! ! ! ! ) ; Sorry For Any Mistakes . . . .

I Wish To Converse About A Genre Of Otomesque Asmrs I've Seen Gaining Traction.
The Idol Tag; It Also Includes Character Songs. I'd Love To Hear Your Thoughts .
Do You Like Or Dislike This Genre ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

XMANIACS - A Series With Only Two Entries , But They Both Already Have Songs . . . . . .
Yandere Sharehouse - Four Entries , Threesome Focused And No Character Songs ; But It Is Idol . . . .
AN - SIA - A New Series ( I Do Not Why The Circle Didn't Put This Under A Series Label ) . One Common Route Style Entry And A Single Character Entry . . . . . . . . . .
UNDER : DOLL - Already On It's Second Season , With Radio Shows And It's Own Entry For A Song . Review Raffle For A Poster Signed By The Seiyuus . . . . . . . . .

I Am Afraid The Doujin Community Starting To Copy The Big Corpo Multi Media Slop Of Constant Idol Joseimuke Happening . I Am Afraid Of This Becoming A New Thing Every Circle Does Thus Bloating A Genre ( Like With Yanderes And I Will Not Elaborate )
I Do Not Want An Ero Broccoli Happening Please ! ( Glaring At Garumani , DO NOT Let Them Make An Idol Series )
Especially With Making The Seiyuus Sing And Make Radio Shows. Merchandise Might Be Easier To Sell With A Reoccurring Cast Of Idols For A Wider Net And Blind Boxes . But This Goes With Regular Asmr Series , Minus The Insert Songs .

Although I Enjoy Circles Making Bigger Projects ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I Really Like How They Can Write A Plot For A Longer Narrative , I Also Want To See More Of The Characters ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! It Feels Horrible When An Asmr That You Love Deserves A Sequel , But Never Gets It ! ! ! !
Also I Kinda Don't Like It When Series Like This Have Multiple Protagonists , Call Me Greedy . . . I Just Find The Appeal Of A Story Featuring Multiple Characters Is Harem And NTR Content For Drama And It's Just Hot !

There Are Also Other Asmr Series That Are Rising Which Is Villianess / Isekai RPG Genres And Share Housing / Dormitory Shenanigans , But I Don't Have Enough Thoughts On Them To Formulate A Thread.
Another Topic I Do Not Have Alot To Feel The Need For A Thread Is The Rising Trend Of " Cuntboys " In The BL Section . . .

Please Share Any Thoughts Any Growing And Newly Popular Tags On Dlsite , I Really Like How The Market Changes Over Time ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
 
Last edited:
I totally get where you're coming from—it's super easy to look at this trend and worry that the doujin scene is just copying corporate joseimuke "media mix" cash grabs. But honestly, I think the idol push in ASMR plays out a bit differently in the indie space, and there's actually a lot to like about it.
Why circles are actually doing this
• You mentioned wanting sequels, and the idol setup is basically a cheat code for that. It gives creators a natural excuse to keep the same guys around for multiple tracks, character songs, and side dramas without forcing a weird plot reason.
• Making character songs and extra content brings in more money, which means smaller circles can actually afford top-tier voice actors, better sound quality, and longer scripts.
• Merch and audio extras help these small teams stay in business. Selling physical goodies or extra tracks helps fund those bigger, longer projects you said you love.
Why it's not quite "corporate slop"
• Big commercial idol games (like Ensemble Stars) have to stay safe and PG-13. Doujin circles can take the idol aesthetic and mix it with darker or spicier stuff—yandere, sharehouses, drama, or heavy kink—that big companies would never touch.
• Corporate media mix stuff focuses heavily on drama between the boys. ASMR keeps the camera strictly on you, so it still feels like a personal otome/harem fantasy rather than a side-observer story.
Market oversaturation is definitely real—we've seen it happen with yanderes, and we're seeing it right now with the villainess/isekai stuff on DLsite. But doujin creators are pretty quick to adapt. If a trend gets stale, they usually move on or tweak it into something fresh. As long as they're using the extra money to give us better stories and longer tracks, I'm pretty down for it.
 
I realized is too. I do not have they have those idol culture. But I am not sure why they using that same genre everytime. I know some of the ladies love idol so much in their culture. But using similar theme can be a bit repetitive and not creative. It a little bit bothering me. Also ASMR too, I am not fan of it. My ear is sensative to rough sounds. I feel like they start using AI picture instead of drawing illustrations is a bit concerning too. I usually don't want AI voice over in the drama cd.
 
I Am Afraid The Doujin Community Starting To Copy The Big Corpo Multi Media Slop Of Constant Idol Joseimuke Happening . I Am Afraid Of This Becoming A New Thing Every Circle Does Thus Bloating A Genre ( Like With Yanderes And I Will Not Elaborate )
I Do Not Want An Ero Broccoli Happening Please ! ( Glaring At Garumani , DO NOT Let Them Make An Idol Series )
Especially With Making The Seiyuus Sing And Make Radio Shows. Merchandise Might Be Easier To Sell With A Reoccurring Cast Of Idols For A Wider Net And Blind Boxes . But This Goes With Regular Asmr Series , Minus The Insert Songs .
Coming Back To This Dead Thread Just To Update , Garumani Indeed Is Doing It . . . .
Twitter And DLSite Announcement Here . . . . .

Gonna Doompost , Sorry Guys ! !
Garumani Couldn't Even Be Bothered To Make An Original New Series , They Gotta Re Pimp Out Their Old Manwhores ~

I Guess Management Is Keeping Them On A Leash So They Can't Do New Stuff Or It's Actually Just Their Backlog Of Bullshit Being Churned Out , Either Way It Sucks Man . . . . .

Also This Series Is Labeled As " All Ages " , I Feel Like Garumani Is Trying To Chase The Big Dogs Of Idol Drama CDs ; Also , This Worries Me Of The DLSite Marketing Drama Where They Irresponsibly Had Ads And Sponsers Of Their Series In Places And Content Creators Entertain Kid Demographic


Next Let Me Vent On How This Infuriates Me As A Fan Of 2D Idol Genre ~ Sorry This Just Me Being A Hater
Garumani Does Not Understand The Golden Spice Of Idol Romance , The MC Is Either A Fan , Manager Or Fellow Celebrity ! ! ! ! When It's None Of That And MC Is Just A Regular Lover , It's Usually Showcased As A One On One Relationship For Closeness ; It's So It Makes Sense How Relationship Interconnect ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Next Is How These Men Are FATHERS , The Page Just Says How You Watch Them With Your Child Like A Cuck , These Men Also Already Got Jobs ; Too Old For This Moe Bull . . . . . The Shareholders Do Not Have This Much Power To Prostitute These Guys !

Let Me Just Express How Pretty Much All Suspension Of Belief Is Broken For This Idol Plot ! There Is No Way These Guys Can Become Idols , Their PR Is Too Messy For The Yume Idol Style They Are Going For ! Four Men , Already Married To A Shared Girl Who Has A Daughter ; The Only Way They Could Ever Make It Is Going Underground But That Makes Zero Sense For These Deadbeats ~

Also , I Am A Bit Peeved At How The FMC Is Just Reduced Watching Them While Taking Care Of Their Kid By Themself Since All Her Husbands Are Off Singing And Dancing >:P Couldn't Have Given Her A Management Job Or Something ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I Thought A Plus Of A Harem Is A Better Support Group Of Child Caregivers , Can't Believe They Just Pulled A Milk And Cigarette Maneuver On Her . . . . . . . . . . .

Seriously This Plot line Would've Made Way More Sense For Their Succubus Series , But I Guess Management Would've Cut This Off Due To The Drama . But , I Don't Understand Why They Couldn't Have Just Made This An AU Instead Of It Following The Canon Plot ; Would've Made Way More Sense If They Could Change The Premise A Bit


Post Thoughts ~ ~ The End ~ ~
Yeah That's All For My Update , My Last Hope Is That This Does Not Reach Mainstream . . . . . . . . . Like I Said Before , I Do NOT Want An Ero Broccoli Bullshit Please ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

To Be Real , After I Made The Thread And Some Introspection From The Replies , I Now Have A Better Opinon Of The Circles Making Idol Series ; I Feel Like They Understand And Are Fans Of Said Trope . . . . . . . . . . . Especially How The Idol Groups Are Underground Compared To The Mainstream Idol Series Of The Top Dogs ! Now I Honestly Want To See More Of What Circles Can Do To Put An Ero Twist On The Classic All Ages Joseimuke Tropes Of Mainstream , More Hopeful And Positive


That Is Basically The Gist Of My Problem With Garumani Lately
( I Am So Sorry This Has Kinda Been Turned Into An Anti - GRMN Rant , I Truly Am )

I Feel Like They Hit Gold When They Had More Passionate And Otaku / Yume Understanding Staff , Then When They Left Or Got Downgraded They Lost The " Soul " . It ' s Like They Grab A Bunch Of Tropes And Fetishes That Are " Joseimuke " And Dump Them Into A Pot Until It Becomes A Melting Pot Of Slop ; Like They Are Following A Recipe Backwards , Not Understanding Why It Works While Substituting Every Ingredient For The " Trendy " Foods , Improvising Very Arrogantly And Uninformed . . . . .