Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

CD purchasing criteria?

secretpapa

New member
乙女
Recognized
Aug 17, 2026
33
245
I wonder what everyone looks for before purchasing a CD on DLsite or elsewhere (ˊᵒ̴̶̷̤ ꇴ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ˋ)

As a full-time college student with minimal allowance to spare, I always spend eons scrolling through all the CDs with tags I like before even considering a purchase. This is also why I'm so grateful for forums like these, where everyone can share their thoughts and recommendations with one another!! But when it comes to the audios that you have actually bought, what criteria did they meet?

For me, I normally buy sequel audios to CDs that I already know I love! Tags and voice actors are also pretty important deciding factors! I'm always on the lookout for kohai/jealousy audios, so if a CD follows either of those tropes, I'll immediately put it into consideration! (•̀ᴗ•́ )و
 
Title and cover definitely caught my attention first.
Then followed with tags (especially submissive man *cough*), plot and last is sample.
:alice_nay:
If there's no sample, I won't consider buying it. I'm fine with any VA, but it's important to hear what I'm getting. Otherwise, I might have high expectations, only for them to be shattered if it's not up to my liking. I hate that feeling lol
 
frist voice, sceond cover. The content doesn't matter. But if it's not a voice I like, I won't buy it...Conversely, if the voice is good but the cover isn't your type, I'll hesitate to buy it.🤔 Because the story starts with that character, if it's not my kind of thing....😟
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa
I usually follow the voice actors I like! But if I like the sample and it fits the keywords or situation I want, I usually end up buying it~ It didn't really matter to me about the cover illustration, but lately I don't feel like buying anything if the artwork is that bad😃
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa
If there's no sample, I won't consider buying it. I'm fine with any VA, but it's important to hear what I'm getting. Otherwise, I might have high expectations, only for them to be shattered if it's not up to my liking. I hate that feeling lol
#retweet!! I completely forgot how helpful samples are!! And that feeling when an audio doesn't meet your expectations is genuinely the worst... I still have to lie there listening dejectedly because I don't want to waste my lunch money 😭 😭
 
If I were to buy everything I wanted, the cost would be too high, so I tend to think quite carefully before making a purchase.😭
I usually decide based on my favorite voice actors or by listening to samples; otherwise, if it's a circle I like, I'll buy it with confidence.
 
I tend to be quite cautious when considering a purchase.
I place the highest priority on listening to samples to see if I like the voice actor's performance and the atmosphere of the work.
But I also base my decision on other factors, such as the quality of the plot and scenario, which I assess by looking at the work's details, reviews, and information about the quality and reputation of the circle's or scenario writer's previous works.
 
For me, the first thing that catches my attention is the cover art. If I like the cover, I'll probably stop and take a closer look at the CD.
Then I check the price, because as a university student, I definitely don't have unlimited money. 😭 After that, I look at the synopsis, the artwork, and the overall atmosphere to get an idea of what the story is about, and then I check the voice actor.
I also tend to immediately skip CDs if the cover looks AI-generated. Personally, I much prefer artwork made by an actual artist because it has more personality and catches my attention a lot more. (⁠灬⁠º⁠‿⁠º⁠灬⁠)⁠♡
 
I always listen to the sample first, so if there's no sample i wouldn't consider buying it. I usually browse through the tags i love if i want a specific niche like moan imitation lol and i'll just eyeing one cd that i really really really want and focus on saving for it first then i'll buy it, or i'll browse through the discounted works and purchase the works i like that's less than $3 (i'm indonesian our currency is so weak i shop like a cheapskate)
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa
The story is the biggest deciding factor for me.
Even if a work features voice actors I like, I'm not really drawn to it if the story isn't my cup of tea.
Since circles that specialize in the genres I like rarely disappoint, I end up buying almost everything they put out☺️
 
I usually look at the title, cover, story, and how many copies it sold. Oh, and I'll probably go for the ones that are DL-exclusive too. I don't really look the tags so...
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa
I am pretty picky when choosing what to buy, so I always start by filtering cds by tags. There are some that are an immediate no-no for me.
From there I move on to the synopsis and sample tracks. If they all interest me, I bookmark the work and sit on it for some time in hopes that it goes on sale (wwww).
Surprisingly, the last thing that I pay attention to is va. It's not that I don't have favorites, but the story and overall atmosphere matter way more to me.
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa
I wonder what everyone looks for before purchasing a CD on DLsite or elsewhere (ˊᵒ̴̶̷̤ ꇴ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ˋ)

As a full-time college student with minimal allowance to spare, I always spend eons scrolling through all the CDs with tags I like before even considering a purchase. This is also why I'm so grateful for forums like these, where everyone can share their thoughts and recommendations with one another!! But when it comes to the audios that you have actually bought, what criteria did they meet?

For me, I normally buy sequel audios to CDs that I already know I love! Tags and voice actors are also pretty important deciding factors! I'm always on the lookout for kohai/jealousy audios, so if a CD follows either of those tropes, I'll immediately put it into consideration! (•̀ᴗ•́ )و
My first and most important criterion is the voice actor's sample ~I may overlook a few things if it's by a VA I'm fond of, but if there's no sample I wouldn't buy it since it'd seem like a risky move and I can't get my money's worth back, too...

Second are the tags and I hold little to no objections about many of them (even the hardcore ones...) as long as the first criterion is fulfilled.

Third is obviously price and even then I can always wait for sales, but sometimes I get so impatient ~
 
  • Love
Reactions: secretpapa