Question About RSS - <Author> subitem

Kickahabara

Apr 4, 2020
Hi,

Regarding RSS feed having default fake email adress [email protected]. In a previous threads you answered that it's required perspecs.

But,

the <author> subitem is optional, also per RSS specs.
https://www.rssboard.org/rss-specification#ltauthorgtSubelementOfLtitemgt
And it is also encouraged to avoid using two elements which mean the same thing like <author> and <dc:creator>.
https://www.rssboard.org/rss-validator/docs/warning/DuplicateItemSemantics.html

So maybe you can remove <author> since there is no relevant information like a valid email adress and just use <dc:creator> like it's already done for the username.

I would prefer not having a fake email and just the username. But if you can't or need the two elements I can live with it.

Hope this help.

:diploma:

RSS is an aging standard, and like any standard, it evolves.

Unfortunately, we currently lack the necessary resources and budget to sustain the RSS standard. The reality is that very few people actually utilize it nowadays.

Eventually, ASF will cease its support for RSS feeds, as I previously mentioned. While I do not have an exact timeline, rest assured that we will provide ample notice when that day arrives.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mobius0417 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.

☄️RELEASE☄️[231222][Shiravune] ONE. [JPN / CHN/ENG v23.12.25]

If possible, could you please re-upload the Japanese version above?
LightALL wrote on Shine's profile.
Thank you for your packs, Shine !
Would you, please, reupload 2nd part on Mexashare for that game: [140503][サボテン] 進撃ハーレムセカンド (Ver1.04) [RJ131389] ?
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Just a heads up, you might want to prepare to update this soon. It suffers from no-progress bug that is currently under rapid debugging.
Scheduled to be fixed on May 1st at 22:00 JST.
聖騎士リアナ
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi these link were dead,could you please reupload these?
[200816][はーとこれくと] 【逆痴漢電車】イケないことしてア・ゲ・ル~藍川栞 編~ [RJ293748]