- Feb 24, 2026
- 680
- 772
I can't sleep—my head is pounding and I can't seem to organize my thoughts—so I thought writing this and pouring out my feelings might help ease the burden a little, so if anyone end up read this just ignore me and my ranting, I just want to properly say goodbye to my friend and try to organize everything in my mind.
I've never been good at writing or expressing feelings this way, so forgive me if it comes out a bit jumbled, buddy. I don't think I've fully processed that you're gone, Ace—especially since you used to be right here by my side every night. I can't believe you're gone and won't be keeping me company while I play games anymore, or jumping into my lap out of nowhere, or trying to steal my food, or purring loudly when I scratched behind your ears. I have so many regrets now that you're gone because, unlike with the other two cats I lost, there's no one to blame but myself. But more than the regrets, I just want to thank you for the companionship you gave me since you first appeared and for healing the sadness I felt. Thank you for making me happy and giving me good, funny memories—even the time you bit me and left a scar on my arm just because I petted the wrong spot. I'm sorry I let you get into the state you were in; if I could, I'd go back in time and stop you from catching that illness. And I'm sorry I couldn't keep the promises I made over these last three days—since I put you in the cage—about you getting better in two weeks and being able to sleep in my bed for as long as you wanted in a few months. I'm going to miss you—I already do—because I could only sleep well with you by my side. I hope all the pain you were silently enduring ended quickly and that you're in a good place now. I still have your brother, and I'll do my best to take care of him. Thank you for being a part of my life, Ace. These are my final words to you—and they are the absolute truth: if I could tell you just one more thing before you passed away, it would be that I love you so much. Please rest well my best friend.
I've never been good at writing or expressing feelings this way, so forgive me if it comes out a bit jumbled, buddy. I don't think I've fully processed that you're gone, Ace—especially since you used to be right here by my side every night. I can't believe you're gone and won't be keeping me company while I play games anymore, or jumping into my lap out of nowhere, or trying to steal my food, or purring loudly when I scratched behind your ears. I have so many regrets now that you're gone because, unlike with the other two cats I lost, there's no one to blame but myself. But more than the regrets, I just want to thank you for the companionship you gave me since you first appeared and for healing the sadness I felt. Thank you for making me happy and giving me good, funny memories—even the time you bit me and left a scar on my arm just because I petted the wrong spot. I'm sorry I let you get into the state you were in; if I could, I'd go back in time and stop you from catching that illness. And I'm sorry I couldn't keep the promises I made over these last three days—since I put you in the cage—about you getting better in two weeks and being able to sleep in my bed for as long as you wanted in a few months. I'm going to miss you—I already do—because I could only sleep well with you by my side. I hope all the pain you were silently enduring ended quickly and that you're in a good place now. I still have your brother, and I'll do my best to take care of him. Thank you for being a part of my life, Ace. These are my final words to you—and they are the absolute truth: if I could tell you just one more thing before you passed away, it would be that I love you so much. Please rest well my best friend.