Help needed for otome translation projects

Kagura-chan

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2012
Hey guys, you can call me Mimi (or Michiyo, or my username...whatever), I managed to release the Starry Sky After Spring english patch not so long ago, and now I'm looking for more help (translators) for the new projects Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi (more info + notes here).
I really want to see the otome community keep growing and help more people who don't know Japanese can play otome games too. But I'm pretty much useless by myself and that's why I need more people to help as a team!
Thank you so much for your time and hope we can make the patch happen!
Edit: Hey guys! If you haven't noticed, we've already released Dot Kareshi's english patches and now starting new projects (Starry Sky In Summer and Black Wolves Saga -Bloody Nightmare-)!
We're looking for translators and I know there are many Japanese otome lovers out there, we'd love to have your help!
Please check our blog for more info and help us spread the word.
:gokiko_cry:
Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Signal boosting this one :)
It's Ken Ga Kami and Dot Kareshi gals~
If you can help out please do~
:gakuran_love:

Last edited:
Reactions: efudgewayne
Hmm I can read japanese but my english is suck /o\ also atm I'm kinda busy translating Norn9, but I'll ask my friends maybe she can help for dot kareshi :)

Hmm I can read japanese but my english is suck /o\ also atm I'm kinda busy translating Norn9, but I'll ask my friends maybe she can help for dot kareshi :)

Do you have a translation team Rubenz?
May I see your project page?
:gakuran_excited:

Do you have a translation team Rubenz?
May I see your project page?
:gakuran_excited:

Oh I don't have, I only doing it with 3 friends, 1 Proofread - 1 editing - 2 (including me ) translating ^^. I'll let you know when we create wiki or something for translation :) So far we only translated the prologue :)

Oh I don't have, I only doing it with 3 friends, 1 Proofread - 1 editing - 2 (including me ) translating ^^. I'll let you know when we create wiki or something for translation :) So far we only translated the prologue :)
Thats really good to hear. I'll be cheering you on!
:gakuran_cheer:

That'd be really awesome! Thank you!
Norn9 seems like a pretty good game too \m/

That'd be really awesome! Thank you!
Norn9 seems like a pretty good game too \m/

I sent you the pm via tumblr, I can help with dot kareshi but I will be a lil bit slow since busy with norn9 and work but maybe I can help :)

Last edited:
Hiya Mimi :D
So, what position you need for Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi?
Although I already on Amnesia Translation Project, maybe I can help you as translation checker xD

Will the translations be avaiable as a patch later? Asking because reading a doc side by side with the game kills part of the fun.

As far as I know, there is someone already doing a translation for the first Dotkare game and even finished the common route. Since that person is alone, teaming up would be cool because that way you would be able to get it finished faster and not do double work. I'll post the link as soon as I find the blog.

Edit: Found it!
http://doumokoumo.tumblr.com/
http://doumokoumo.wordpress.com/

Reactions: oilaolenm
I sent you the pm via tumblr, I can help with dot kareshi but I will be a lil bit slow since busy with norn9 and work but maybe I can help :)
Um >_< I didn't receive any new messages on tumblr (dang, it must've swallowed the messages again...), you can pm me here if possible or maybe the email I gave out on tumblr is fine ^^"
Hiya Mimi :D
So, what position you need for Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi?
Although I already on Amnesia Translation Project, maybe I can help you as translation checker xD
Hey Kyuuichii, I need translators and TLC for both projects, but if you're too busy, just checking the translation is fine :D
We would love to have your help!
Is this the same person?? Then why have two tumblr accounts!? *confused*
Hi there! We will make a patch of course, it'll be better playing experience right?~
We already have enough translators for the first game though! But thank you for your suggestion as well XD
*Oh and no, I only have one tumblr and it's this one. I'm not the same person who you said are translating DotKare I ^^"

Alright Mimi-san, I would like to help as TLC for Dot Kareshi... And maybe if I'm not busy, I will offer my help to do translation too xD I haven't play both Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi nor I had the game, but I would like to help ^w^
Nee, so far can I know about your staff for both project? And, can you tell me how long is the script for Dot Kareshi? How you'll divide the script to each translator? Is it by each route? Or something?
Sorry, I keep asking too much, but I'm just curious ;)

Alright Mimi-san, I would like to help as TLC for Dot Kareshi... And maybe if I'm not busy, I will offer my help to do translation too xD I haven't play both Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi nor I had the game, but I would like to help ^w^
Nee, so far can I know about your staff for both project? And, can you tell me how long is the script for Dot Kareshi? How you'll divide the script to each translator? Is it by each route? Or something?
Sorry, I keep asking too much, but I'm just curious ;)
Sure, sounds great XD Glad to have you on the team~ I'll have to wait until more scripts are translated so I can send them to you ^^" Sending 1-2 scripts at a time will be really hard to keep track of.
Staff...like what?
(Is it okay if I keep them as a secret), but well, a rough estimation would be...about 15 TLs for KGK and 9 for DK? Ken ga Kimi is a pretty big game so........
About 5 proofreaders for KGK and 2 for DK. Yeah that's all I can tell about the staff :D Ahaha...
I divide scripts for example one person has scripts A, B, C, then scripts D, E, F will be for another translator. Going by routes means having to divide the scripts into specific routes, sometimes the scripts only write "シーン回想 + number" >3> If the member want to change scripts I'll try my best to help them too, since I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable about whatever they're translating.
Hope my lame explanation helps? ;A;

Great! I understand your explanation, thank you!!
Alright, so how much script you'll send to me? (and how much the lines?)
I will be waiting, please notice me if you want to send the script...

Hey guys, you can call me Mimi (or Michiyo, or my username...whatever), I managed to release the Starry Sky After Spring english patch not so long ago, and now I'm looking for more help (translators) for the new projects Ken ga Kimi and Dot Kareshi (more info + notes here).
I really want to see the otome community keep growing and help more people who don't know Japanese can play otome games too. But I'm pretty much useless by myself and that's why I need more people to help as a team!
Thank you so much for your time and hope we can make the patch happen!
:444835:

I was wondering if you still need help on the project? I'm not confident enough to be a translator but a translation checker and making it flow based on the time period (I'm quite good at that thanks to my English teachers lol) or being a proofreader is totally fine for me. I remember sending you an email but I didn't get a reply so I used anime sharing instead.

Hope you can consider! Good luck and best wishes on this project!
:puniko_thumbsup:

Great! I understand your explanation, thank you!!
Alright, so how much script you'll send to me? (and how much the lines?)
I will be waiting, please notice me if you want to send the script...
Sure, thank you so much! I'll pm you later on when I got the scripts back. (About 4-5 scripts I guess, I can't really say about the lines though) ^^"

I was wondering if you still need help on the project? I'm not confident enough to be a translator but a translation checker and making it flow based on the time period (I'm quite good at that thanks to my English teachers lol) or being a proofreader is totally fine for me. I remember sending you an email but I didn't get a reply so I used anime sharing instead.

Hope you can consider! Good luck and best wishes on this project!
:puniko_thumbsup:
H-huh? @@ You sent me an email already? Maybe I missed it... Anyhow, I'm really sorry and sure, we could really use some more help! You can be our translation checker if you want? I'll send you the scripts later on by pm :D Thank you!

@Mimi-san
Alright, I will be waiting then... 4-5 scripts? Hm... I wonder how long the scripts, but don't worry, I will try to working for it xD

Reactions: espiekerella
H-huh? @@ You sent me an email already? Maybe I missed it... Anyhow, I'm really sorry and sure, we could really use some more help! You can be our translation checker if you want? I'll send you the scripts later on by pm :D Thank you!

You're welcome! Glad I could help~

Reactions: espiekerella
Not sure if bumping is okay ;___;
But I posted some updates on the progress (maybe) and if you're interested, please also vote for our next project!
Also...um, if any of you guys can help out with the Ken ga Kimi translation, I greatly appreciate it.
:gokiko_cry:
Thank you so much!

I'd love to help but I'm not confident with my half baked self-taught japanese... Let's say I understand 70% (or maybe 60-65% ?) of the script when there are difficult words, just like in Ken ga Kimi. I'm also in a busy period of my life, so I might not be able to help 24/24.
If you find someone else, it would be better, but if you need me, I'll try to do as much as I can...

PS : When did you start translating Ken ga Kimi ? I really didn't know there was a group who did it !

I'd love to help but I'm not confident with my half baked self-taught japanese... Let's say I understand 70% (or maybe 60-65% ?) of the script when there are difficult words, just like in Ken ga Kimi. I'm also in a busy period of my life, so I might not be able to help 24/24.
If you find someone else, it would be better, but if you need me, I'll try to do as much as I can...

PS : When did you start translating Ken ga Kimi ? I really didn't know there was a group who did it !

Thank you! I know everyone's busy too. Anyhow, sent you a PM on the details ^^
Um... I'd say the end of June? And now it's already December...which is already a long time... But it just means we didn't promote the project and look for members hard enough >< (Though I have no idea how else to let more people know about the project...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.