What holidays do you celebrate/like?

Perplexing

Elite Member
Elite Member
Jul 26, 2011
Being a part of a worldly forum here I am curious to know about holidays from different cultures. I'm not a big fanatic when it comes to the holidays (even with being a father) however I do enjoy certain ones.

Christmas of course is one of my faves because of my boys. I love seeing them on Christmas day when they see what Santa has brought them. I also enjoy the 4th of July due to my destructive nature :D (pfft who doesn't love fireworks).

I don't really care much for any other holiday truthfully.

Auzzie holidays include,
ANZAC Day (WW1/2 public holiday with parades town to town events)
Australia Day
Sorry Day
And my town has Beef Week which is pretty cool, lots of cow related stuff,
Breakfast with the butchers is the first event of the week everyone comes down town for a free breakfast of stakes and snags. Most workplaces and schools allow a lot of slack during beef week as far as late attendance goes.
Christmas = Best Holiday evaar

Last edited:
Reactions: Perplexing
Hong Kong is famous with lots of holidays. Here are some that can be found in HK and China (Government keeps a list of all national holidays):
Lunar New Year
Ching Ming Festival
HKSAR Establishment Day
Mid Autumn Festival
National Day (China)
Chung Yeung Festival

Lunar New Year is my favorite, because we get red packets (or Lai See), and they contain money. It's also the only time where all our families sits down for dinner and general chit-chat. One more is the spectacular fireworks over Victoria Harbor. Too bad I have my mocks exam right after Lunar new year :(

Reactions: Perplexing
Based on the Sarawak(state) Government Almanac of 2011.

New Year
Chinese New Year
Maulidur Rasul (the celebration of Prophet Muhammad's Birthday, 12th of Rabi'-ul-Awwal or 26th April 570)
Labour Day
Wesak Day (Celebrated by Buddhist)
Pesta Gawai Dayak (Harvesting festival celebrated by the Dayaks in Sarawak)
Good Friday (only celebrated in Sarawak, Sabah and the Federal Territory of Labuan - coz we got more Christians in our states compared to those states in the West Malaysia, but we didn't have holiday for Deepavali, celebrated by the Hindus, coz we ain't got that much Indians in our states.)
Eid al-Fitr(celebrated by the Muslim to mark the end of the month of Ramadhan)
Hari Kemerdekaan (Independence Day, 31th August 1957)
Malaysia Day (16th September 1963 - the establishment of Malaysian ConFederation - that's when my country, Sarawak, North Borneo (old name for Sabah) and Singapore to join with the Malaya, and became Malaysia)
Eid al-Adha(Festival of Sacrifice, celebrated by the Muslim)
Maal Hijrah a.k.a. Awal Muharam (Islamic New Year, 1st Muharram)
Christmas, some people(mostly old folks) also called it as Hari Natal(Natal Day)
New Year, again.

I also tried to take leave on my birthday, when possible, which is in the middle of the year, middle of month, and middle of the day.
Try guess what the date is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。