ASF Wants You! (to moderate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Hello again in coro's story corner. ^^

Err, I mean the announcement section. And it's not mine, even though I proofread/edit/rewrite pretty much all of them.

Anyway, as you all know (or at least the people who this is directed at), we created several new sections to increase our community focus. What we're now looking for is a few brave soldiers to help us patrol those section and smite evil-doers! Or, less poetically, a couple new moderators to help direct the new section and keep them clean from any unwanted elements (flammers, griefers, whiners, trolls people attempting to elicit negative reactions from others by baiting them with intentionally offensive posts, and so on).

Now, first the requirements, so you know if you should even bother reading on:

• Should have at least two hours of free time every day.
  • Continual lurking in the IRC channels will be expected, but we can teach you how to do that if you're still an IRC virgin.
  • Friendly, polite, abuse-resistant good sense of humor. Basically someone we (as in the current staff) like on a personal level. Not really easy to define this or even close to being an objective requirement, but getting along with other staff is a must.
  • Quick learner.
  • Currently active in the sections affected.
  • To reiterate, the position is for the talking sections, not the download sections. Because I know at least two persons will be confused about this point. :rolleyes:
  • Experience in moderating is a bonus, but not a must.

And here's what we're going to do:

1. Applications will be made in the "Staff Application Forum". Positions will be open until we feel we got a strong enough team (most likely two or three additional people).
  2. People should state why they'd be perfect for the job.
  3. Talk a bit about yourself - hobbies, age, job/field of study, and so on.
  4. State if you're very involved with another forum. We made bad experiences with people who are and would like to avoid repeating them. While this won't equate an instant rejection, it will figure in the decision. We'll find out anyway, so better tell us right away.
  5. How much time you currently spend on the PC and how much of that is spent consuming (posting, watching anime, reading manga, etc.) and how much time is spent producing (moderating somewhere, working in a fansub or scanlation group, and so on). We don't want to burden people who are already close to being overworked with even more tasks. It's a hobby, and it should be fun - we're looking out for our own, even before they join.
  6. If you have any experience, please state where and with what forum software.
  7. We'll discuss each applicant and let them know the final decision. To avoid hurting personal feelings we won't state our reasons for rejecting or accepting any application.

And that's it.

Reactions: p3netmi
Sorry to ask, but I see that the Staff Application Forum is blank. Have you filled the spots, or has no one auditioned?

I would like to, but I don't know how. Please instruct me. And don't be alarmed by my low posts. I would be more than happy to give my time to this site.

Sorry to ask, but I see that the Staff Application Forum is blank. Have you filled the spots, or has no one auditioned?

You can only see your own post in the special application forum

Okay, gotcha. Is there some sort of application template to go by? I haven't filled one out in a few years.

The announcement up there contains the template (which is the questionairs) , please read it carefully.

Just curious, but what is the responsibilities of a Moderator? Description was a little vague, but I'd like to help out in some way.

Fight all the spam! ;O
Deleting posts, help users out, defer threads into the right section etc. I think °_°

Last edited:
All right then, I'll see how I fair....

Wait! I don't know how to fill out the "invisible" form!

Last edited:
To see the form, you need to wear the invisible glasses. But it also invisible.

It's like Alice in Wonderland. If I believe that everything is reality, then I can see invisible things....

hello, i'm new in anime sharing, and i'm interested in helping out this forum, eeeehm.. actually i'm not that experienced in forum thing (only join, post, download, comment, basic thigs), but i do really want to help.

could you describe what should i do now??

A moderator's job is exactly what the name implies - to moderate, and if you don't know what that means, then Google is your friend.

Greenoceandrop pretty much explained the majority of what the job entails, but there are other stuff as well, such as making sure posts don't go against the forum rules, giving warnings and/or bans for such posts, merging multi-posts, editing other peoples' posts to troll them, etc.

okay, thank you angel, or should i say Tenshi, i quite understand the job of moderator. is there any chance that i could be the moderator??

I would like to help but i dont really upload things regularly and stuff.

I can be a person who writes loads of summary for hentai anime, manga, normal anime, normal manga, tv drama (korean, taiwanese, japan or hk etc etc) and maybe SOME eroge games...

^^ im SUPER familiar with romance anime... trying not to brag too much but i watch almost everything you can find on romance category under anime. HEhE. Oh and, not trying to say i'm a massive pervert but i have A LOT of hentai too. :S

Im also okay being an admin- managing posts and members or events in this website... :D
Oh btw, i have to say, this website is really good.. like the pictures, gifs, groups and uploads. It's better than hongfire i reckon...
( that's why i joined this website ^^)

Sorry i didnt write up a joining form you said to. It's cos what i CAN DO is slightly different to what exactly you wished for.
I hope i'm somewhat useful to you guys ^__^

We're not looking for new uploaders, but people who will encourage forum participation while ensuring no one breaks the rules (or starts fights, etc.). :confused:

not true, we could bribe our way in with virtual cookies and cake OR loli eroge if Checkmate is in charge hahaha

Any idea when you'll be selecting your candidates?

Applications are processed by batch(es)

For example

We have cut-off date for the first batch. Any submission received after the first batch will be processed in the second batch, which is after we replied and conclude our first batch, and so on.

Note that the batch date are internally managed and is not published since there are factors such as how large and how complicated a batch would be

First batch of response should be here soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。