Suggestions for an Anime noob

shadowdogg

Sep 14, 2012
Hi all,

I recently began watching anime and quite got into it.

Anime I have really enjoyed:
Death Note
Naruto (though I am not enjoying shippuden as much)

Anime I probably won't continue:
Bleach (saw up to where english dub is, bland and boring)
Soul Eater (reminds me a bit of Shaman King but not as fun [only watched 4kids version of that years ago])
Samurai Champloo (i don't know, i just don't get it)
One piece (can't stand the drawings and it feels a bit slow too)

Anime I am still not convinced with:
Monster (erm, haven't really given it a chance yet)
Mushi-shi (feels to drag on)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (i watched up to about episode 11 of the original and got a full blu-ray but it still feels a bit slow)

Anime I have watched but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend:
Code Geass R1 and R2 (would have preferred a bit more of a grand story)
Elfen Lied (was ok but because there were so few episodes, it just didn't have impact)

Oh but I MUST watch it in english dub, Naruto is the only exception because I just can't wait the ridiculous amount of time to get it in english so I have to endure the japanese. Death note is probably my favourite by far but even that felt a bit dragged on after around episode 20 but initially, amazing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey shadow, i'm the same as you man I have to watch it in english dub. Death Note is one of my favorite animes as well. Here are a few suggestions that you absolutely have to check out. Read the reviews on Amazon first if you have to but these are all top notch and some of my favorites.

Gungrave
Black Lagoon
Golgo 13
Speed Grapher
Cowboy Bebop

There's a few just to get ya started. If you like those hit me up again and i'll try to help you find some more.

I doubt you'll get that many options if you absolutely have to watch them in dubs. None that I can suggest to you are available in dubs (as far as I know).

I doubt you'll get that many options if you absolutely have to watch them in dubs. None that I can suggest to you are available in dubs (as far as I know).

Hmm, if there was one anime that I should watch (and the series is completed) regardless of whether it was in english or not, what would it be?

I`d say Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It`s not for the faint of heart, but if you can handle Elfen Lied, you`re probably good. Also, Welcome to the NHK. Absolutely amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092