NYCC exclusive anime news

GlassNoodles

Jul 30, 2013
Hey all, just got back from NY Comic Con '13 and I have some news I think some of you may find interesting. OR maybe not, but just in case I'll leave it here anyway.

I sat in two panels over three days, one for Yen Press and the other for Aniplex. We tried to get into the Funimation and Viz media panels but we got there too late. Didn't really realize at the time that with about 100,000 or so attendees, if you want to get into certain panels, you gotta get in line like an hour early. Anyway...

Yen Press: This might be better off in the manga section, but there wasn't much new news and I don't think it's anything you can't look up on google, so I'm not making another thread. They announced that the English version of Watamote[b/] manga will be available October 29th, and Highschool DxD is getting a manga series. A lot of questions got asked, but they were very, very vague on new projects they were looking into...

Aniplex: Lots of announcements here, but few that are really dramatic, so I'll post the big ones first that they exclusively announced at that NYCC panel. Madoka Magica is getting a second movie. I believe it is called Madoka Magica: The Return or Rebirth or something like that...I'm ashamed I forgot the exact title considering how big a fan I am of the series. Anyway, the movie will be shown in select theatres across New York, namely in New York City, Buffalo and Yonkers. The premiere will be in L.A. and there are also some select theartres in Canada that will be showing it, but I don't think they specified which cities in Canada. The movie will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
Magi is also getting a movie, and so is Blue Exorcist. They will also be officially announced in the coming weeks.
As for other stuff, they were mostly just announcing the availability of English DVD/Blu-Ray box sets, which are sure to be as expensive as hell considering it's Aniplex. Some titles I remember include Sword Art Online Volume Three, Gurren Lagann, Blue Exorcist and a few others. I think Magi was one.

Oh yeah, and Monogatari is getting a second season.

I think that's pretty much it.

Reactions: OtakuGods
For some reason the forum's not allowing me to edit my post, so I'll add this here:

*EDIT: Almost forgot, they were plugging a lot of new shows too, although you may have already heard of them, such as Kill la Kill and Samurai Flemenco. The trailers looked pretty awesome but I'm most excited for Samurai Flemenco - apparently its got the same people who did Samurai Champloo working on it, and they referred to it as the "anime version of Kickass."

Oh yeah, and there was an anime B-horror movie they were making about sharks that can walk n land and eat people a la 'Sharknado.' Forget the exact title, something like Tokyo Shark something or other. Honestly it looked like camp material, terrible but kinda funny. You can google it if you're interested, I think that was already announced to the public.

One last thing: I managed the catch the screening of the English premiere of Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo. In a word - Awesome :P

The next day I went and got the PVC figure of 3.0 Asuka looking all badass in her flight suit with hat and eyepatch. :D

My favorite new anime 2014:
1. Obscene drool, which is not yet seen my
2. Oppai Infinity
3. Private Lessons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.