Looking for new tragedy anime

evil PorCh Hand

Nov 22, 2013
Hello. I am looking for some new anime and was hoping to get some opinions. I want a tragedy type anime, kind of like Clannad season 2 that deals with death, marrage, and family issues. I'd prefer it to be adult oriented. Also, something that deals with a realistic disaster, like Tokyo 8.0. No School Days please. Thank you. :)

Hello. I am looking for some new anime and was hoping to get some opinions. I want a tragedy type anime, kind of like Clannad season 2 that deals with death, marrage, and family issues. I'd prefer it to be adult oriented. Also, something that deals with a realistic disaster, like Tokyo 8.0. No School Days please. Thank you. :)

Ahaa... Then dark-hopeless-cliffhanger animes...?

Well, in this case then I can following animes recommend (Dunno if you some of they already seen have or not, in this case did I nevertheless because of security listed up.):

- Fate-universe - Start from Fate/Zero (double season is it); then begin with the original, Fate/Stay Night - currently right now runs the UBW-route version of Fate.
- Kara no kyoukai - All 8 movies.
- Another.
- Terra formas.
- (Maybe still) selector spread WIXOSS - Last season runned the 1st season, and now runs the 2nd.
- Cross Ange: Tenshi to ryuu no rondo
- Sword art online - Are in 2 season, like at WIXOSS...
- Akame ga Kill.
- Mahou sensou.
- Black Bullet.
- Golden Time.
- Coppelion.
- Freezing - All 2 seasons.
- Kami-sama no inai nichiyoubi.
- (As well maybe...) Dansai bunri no Crime edge.
- etc.

Well, this are so far the most recommendable series, try out and have fun with them...:goodtea:

Reactions: evil PorCh Hand
Hmm....The condition of "No School Days please" is difficult.
Besides the work that nanashi1 chose….

- Ga-Rei: Zero
- Kure-nai
- Gunslinger Girl, Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino (2nd season)
- Noir

If "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica" matches your intention, it may be good in "Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou".
The following sites might also serve as a reference.
Top Sad Anime List

I know you said "new" animes, but I'm usually a sucker for nostalgia, and I tend be behind when it comes to animes, anyways (I ususally wait for the english dubs, and I wait for the series/season to end before watching anything).

Off the top of my head, 3 tragic (old) animes that no one knows about (I don't even know anyone, personally, that know about these 3 titles) and tend to get overlooked are:
-SaiKano, which is, by far, the weakest of the 3 that I'm going to list. It came out in 2002(?). It is a romantic coming of age tragedy that touches on topics such as loneliness, war, and the insignificance of human life.
-Texhnolyze, which came out in 2003. It is a cyberpunk that focus on the de-evolution of the human condition and extinction of human society in the midst of technological and philosophical evolution.
-Ima Soka ni Iru Boku, which came out in 1999. It is a Sci-Fi drama, who's plot is centered around a war torn world that has quickly descended into chaos due to war. Although it's main theme is hope, it is unrelenting in it's imagery of the aftermath of rape and war. I believe that Ima Soka ni Iru Boku is one of the best anime series to ever be released. However, I cannot watch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!