[Discussions] WOW #4 - June 2016

What should we have for the next round(s) of WOW?

• Normal: host (Ignis) decides on a theme and participants write accordingly

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • English assignment: host writes a premise in a short paragraph and participants build thereupon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No theme: participants can write about whatever as long as it's fiction

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Something else: please specify in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What!! How'd you know my secret to success?!
You know the old saying―it takes one to know one.

On a more serious note, though: no, I didn't actually expect that before. But, for better or worse, I can't say I'm not familiar with it. And I can't count how many times it's been that someone rants about how this and that customer service representative was being annoying, then I tell them something along the lines of "Mate, you were dealing with a robot. A person, sure, but one whose personhood outside following scripts involves only choosing the best words for the particular customer they're dealing with."

Buuuut real-life rants aside.

...What were we on about again?

On a more serious note, though: no, I didn't actually expect that before. But, for better or worse, I can't say I'm not familiar with it.

Buuuut real-life rants aside.

...What were we on about again?

Maybe you should've focused on the positive words only. Perhaps then you would've seen it was actually a compliment to you and not a poignant question or a question at all.

If words were like musical notes played on a piano, you can listen to the higher keys alone because they sound nicer. When you include the lower keys you find they complement each other and builds on the true message in the melody.

I won't change the way I word things because they sound harsh, when I'm being seriously harsh you'll instantly know because the only words I'll use are curse words. I can only be honest when I'm being serious.

When someone else actually has another suggestion for this thread I think that would be more relevant to your question.

Maybe you should've focused on the positive words only. Perhaps then you would've seen it was actually a compliment to you and not a poignant question or a question at all.

If words were like musical notes played on a piano, you can listen to the higher keys alone because they sound nicer. When you include the lower keys you find they complement each other and builds on the true message in the melody.

I won't change the way I word things because they sound harsh, when I'm being seriously harsh you'll instantly know because the only words I'll use are curse words. I can only be honest when I'm being serious.

When someone else actually has another suggestion for this thread I think that would be more relevant to your question.
Oh, I did get you the first time around.

Can't say I see what made you try to say what you're trying to say in this post, though. If you misunderstood something, and I suspect the following is the culprit, then I'll clarify that by "I didn't expect that before" I mean "I didn't consider the possibilities of you being an actual "social butterfly in the corporate world". Not exactly my intention, but if you did misunderstand something, that probably drove home my point that going in circles isn't particularly the best method of communication.

Otherwise, I don't know why you made it sound like I even touched at all the subject of wording things in a "harsh" way. My reply can thus be summarised as "u wot, m8?" :P There, I used an emoticon. Let it not be said that I sought to argue or criticise or do anything at all that warranted a seemingly defensive response.

On a more important note, this is digressing way beyond the point of keeping the thread open in the first place―to watch out for votes and additional input―and the context of the contest itself. Why don't we move to the new thread?

If you mean what you said then that's fine and if it's pointless then it doesn't matter.

I've duly noted to spam in spam sections only to keep things relevant in the best interest of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.