What media player do you guys use for your animes?

Definitely VLC, It plays many formats, has a better volume control and equalizer and also gives the choice to play the file with or without subs.

jetAudio free edition is good. VLC is good, too, but I just didn't get fond of it. Haha.

MPC ... it comes with the CCCP codec pack and it works great. That or WMP. I dont like those fancy players who dl their own codecs and stuff. I dont trust apps who dl stuff by themselves.

I'm using Potplayer and KMP. One thing that I liked both from these player is that they are easy to customize (Installing extra codec, setting on the sub, etc).

If you are using a KMP, I recommend to use the old version before the brand is bought PandoraTV (a Korean streaming company). The update are usually a placebo and useless stuff.

I really recommend PotPlayer as it was made by the same guy who made KMP.

I use a combination of VLC and MPC/MPC-HC. Lately my MPC-HC has been refusing to open videos. Must be something I did. I still use MPC for getting screencaps of episodes in one click. There have also been videos that MPC won't play, but VLC will.

But mostly, I just play the videos with whatever player pops up when I open it. Different file types are having different players pop up. I used to dislike VLC, but the recent versions have had zero problems for me. And it plays anything MPC won't.

I use MPC, I used to use VLC, until I learned about its ffdshow which makes for poor image quality.

I am currently using MPC with some *modifications I guess brought on by the hi10p stuff. Stuff like haali media splitter and MadVR....

What annoys me with MPC though is that if I wanna play something, and lock my computer, it autom actually stops playing...if anyone knows how to get around this.....

Here's what I've always thought:

Some people say VLC is bloated--perhaps the size is too big, most codecs are just never used, etc. Some people will say the output quality sucks. I personally think it's great for CRAPPY computers, such as mine.

Understand that I have relatively crappy specs compared to nowadays standard. I can't play 1080p videos, and 720p videos are somewhat choppy, but that usually depends on the bitrates and the stuff that I never cared about.

I'm not sure how things work for media players, but from my experience, yes, VLC outputs lower quality than other media players I've used, e.g. MPlayer and MPC-HC, just to name from top of my head. But, both MPlayer and MPC-HC become off-sync after some time while watching videos (I can of course blame my CPU for this), whereas VLC does not. I've looked on documentation and threads with similar problems, but I've noticed I gave up, because I was too lazy to make it work correctly (without off-sync).

Another problem I have with MPlayer and MPC-HC is that they both play very choppy. They are just so choppy that it irritates me, so. . . . Well, even with VLC, when there are those texts on the bottom (they usually scroll from right to left for some information, prizes, or events), the video become choppy and what I call the unwatchable quality. After the texts on the bottom goes away, the video goes back to its reasonable quality. I personally don't mind too much, since, well, I can't afford to get a better computer, but I sometimes miss some important events, and that sucks, y'know, etc...

In any case, I do believe it's a matter of preference or experience. Though, it'd be nice if someone can recommend me a better setup.

I still use VLC, just because it works fine for me (two or three videos I wasn't able to play, but I'd say BLAME THE ENCODER for that) and I don't mind the quality.

/me cries

I'm all about the VLC player but now days I have been using media player classic Home Cinema , deosn't have all those bugs that VLC carries around , and when i downloaded the media player classic my friend showed me this website http://www.cccp-project.net/ the website itself speaks for itself lol XD its pretty cool

VLC and KMPlayer, but I almost always use VLC now.

For a short period of time, I had problems
with VLC not doing a good job on some files
so I switch to KMPlayer for some times,
then, after an update of VLC, I switch back again.

I love VLC.

Yarukinasu cries

You can always find someone to re-encode it to something easier to watch if that's the problem. The reason why I mentioned this is that I actually have systems that date back to the older decade to now. Don't get me wrong, there's still some players that I find annoying to deal with or videos that doesn't run well with certain screen resolution. So it comes down to what are you willing to tolerate now days.

By the sound of your specifications, I'm pretty sure that xvid or rather I like to go with avi files tend to be better with your specifications as it will hardsub the subtitles so the player will only need to render the frames of the video rather than the mux subtitles that goes with it. The other way to go around it is to have a raw and subtitles separated with options altered here and there to fit the subtitles in. This is common with some foreign dramas being translated than placed into a subtitle file rather muxed in to reduce needless effort of the subber.

/Back to the Topic/ I personally use MPC that comes with K-Lite Codec Pack. I'm a lazy person and I get the other additional filters in from Fansub sites that point me to certain filters to use. Honestly I still have trouble rendering some subs due to my screen resolution which most are using right not is Widescreen. Never had the disposal income to purchase a luxury as that. Testing on my other system that has it seems to prove that it is working fine. So I bear with it.

MPC tends to work best for me in most cases...until it gets choppy. This has only happened lately and I'm not sure why. When I switch to VLC, the choppiness goes away, but then it tends to get blocky in the visuals. Perhaps I just need to make sure to update filters as stated earlier.

KMP with extra filters i think is the best nothing to compare...

KMPlayer was sold to pandora.tv and its development is just meh
Good news is that the original author of KMPlayer is actively developing Potplayer which is very familiar with KMPlayer.

Anyway, nowadays I use LAV Filters Megamix codec pack that unlike CCCP or KCP is more up to date. If you want to give it a try download and follow the guide here https://imouto.my/tutorials/configu...-and-also-high-performance-software-decoding/ or here for MPC-HC if you prefer https://imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/

I'm using Media Player Classic, with the use of K Lite Mega Codec Pack. So I can see most of the files used with any video, it has served me well over the past 8 years and it is a very reliable player to watch anything from movie to anime. Or even check a music file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.