What game introduced you to the RPG genre?

First RPG I played was that Mario one on the SNES. I rented it but didn't know how to play it. First RPG I bought was Pokemon Red for GB, but I didn't really become a fan of the genre until I played Breath of Fire III.

First RPG I've played is Lunar: Silver Star Story. It fits me well because I love anime as well. :)

Not exactly my first MMO, but I remember playing Ragnarok Online for a few summers in a row.

Final Fantasy 10. Because before that I only had a N64 and that console didn't have any JRPGs... but started catching up on PSone titles immediatly after finishing FF10. As for favorites... Baten Kaitos (GC), Suikoden 5, the whole Tales of series, Symphonia was the first and love Graces for the great system and absence of unneeded luggage.

Reactions: efudgewayne
Pokemon Yellow, but I don't think I actually finished it until I was older. I think the first one I finished, was Paper Mario for N64.
I started playing video games when I was very young, but I did not really get into RPGs for a long time.
Now, they are my favorite genre.

Reactions: namalandrcont
Pokemon Red was probably the first RPG that got the ball rolling, but Final Fantasy IX was what probably got me into other types of RPGs

Reactions: efudgewayne
Pokemon yellow! I remember I had to share the Gameboy Color with my sister, and we took turns playing / watching T_T good times!

id say wild arms , its very old game on playstation1.

dont know if anyone remembers anymore.

:3

Pokemon Red was the first I played, though I didn't really get that it was an RPG back then.

I'd say the ones that made me aware of it were Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals as well as FF 8 & 9.

Still love all of them to this day

FF7 i guess.... oh diablo 2 or diablo 1... I can't remember which one i play 1st. Ehhh if diablo serie count as RPG. :)

I would say mine was zelda on the first game boy and then on the nintendo but when i rly liked playing rpg's was with final fantasy 8

Suikoden 2 is my first rpg game. It is a ps1 game and it been 10 years since then. Good gameplay and story. Personally recommend people to play.

Pokemon Red. When Piracy wasn't a problem before, a local game shop was selling pirated Gameboy games for PC, in it was Pokemon Red. It had a bug at a certain area where you can't proceed anymore. But as kids, we just kept repeating the whole thing, and even leveled up a butterfree to 99, ridiculous I know. But kids had no concept of 'being fed up'. The next month our aunt bought a gameboy color and pokemon cartridges and the rest was history.

I can't really remember my first RPG, since I started playing video games when I was 4... it might have been the original DOS Prince of Persia.

I'm pretty sure the first Disgaea or FF seven got me hooked on RPGs or it may be another final fantasy game.
~_~

Pokemon red in the classic "brick style" game boy whit the green display lol...

Pokémon I guess, at least that's they one I remember most vividly as my first

i cant remember what the game that introduced me to rpg. But i've played ffviii and tales of destiny
but since then im a fps/shooter guy and for some reason now im looking a rpg games again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

27292936 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload RJ01095149?
Thanks in advance.
yagonazumi wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, can you please re-upload this with the bonus version? The creator has updated the bonus of about 200MB.
[RJ296520]
All links are dead. sadge
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Please upload this urgently
CUSTOM OREDER MAID 3D2&2.5 GP-03