What does your family think of you playing games, reading manga, or watching anime?

You can as well replace Spain with "everywhere".

Yeah I'd second that. The only way I've found around it is to become that kind of odd person that people have some kind of weird respect for, so they can't look down on your for it (or at least say it out loud). haha :)

Yeah I'd second that. The only way I've found around it is to become that kind of odd person that people have some kind of weird respect for, so they can't look down on your for it (or at least say it out loud). haha :)

We are SO pitiful, hahaha.

We are SO pitiful, hahaha.

Hahaha, not quite for myself. Among my small circle of friends I am seen as the voice of reason, or even a bit of a sage (for laughs). After a while I started noticing some weird trends where it just clicked that I guess due to how I carry myself they got a strange kind of respect for me (either that or they are all secretly mocking me!!!) XD

Kind of cool I think, so I'm careful not to abuse it (and show them the same respect). :)

Hmm yes... im odd and everyone around knows im odd so they expect me to do odd stuff so yeah :goodtea: Cant blame meh for being meh~

Hmm yes~ The only times i would see something someone does as bad is if it has a negative impact on others~ Otherwise just leave them to do whatever ;p

well i am living alone for 7 years now so no one can tell me nothing about what i am doing :D i help them out at the family's job and so no one is asking nothing... ;) simple things!

well i am living alone for 7 years now so no one can tell me nothing about what i am doing :D i help them out at the family's job and so no one is asking nothing... ;) simple things!

It is probably still a few years before I can move out ;_; Otherwise university would be much harder.

I already have a job. I work in a kitchen makin' delicious food~ :runhappy:

But in about two years I should hopefully have a programming job which will pay much more. :)

i wish that this job make money enough to live alone ;) the life living alone with your own house is FREEDOM

Well my younger brother did go with my father... and he had a nice future... he would have been a great chef in a high class restaurant in US...

Everyone seems to have siblings....lucky fishes. I don't even have one to complain/dote about. My family just thinks my anime/media activities as "my own life" and respect that enough not to disturb it.

Let's see, hmm..
growing up, my grandmother thought it was completely weird, as did my friends' parents. They thought I was a bad influence on their kids or something for like such weird things. Haha. OH WELL. :3 Now I'm happily married to a fellow otaku and we're already infiltrating our son's baby room with anime goodies xD We say his punishment will be to watch a non-stop DBZ marathon

my family look down on me, and tell me to put more time on working,but I love ACG so much, so I fuck them and hate them so much.

I shared my interest with one of my brothers ( the younger brother )
who came to like anime like I do. The rest don't realy understand
how I can find japanese anime so fascinating so I don't bother them
with it anymore. They see it as beeing a little eccentric.

I feel lucky I am able to share this passion for anime and japanese music
with at least one of my brothers ...and yes, my brother shares my passion
for Rosario Vampire.
:bliss:

My parents are okay with it as long as it doesn't get in the way of my studies, but they always complain about it consuming a lot of my time and making me stay up late.(or sometimes not sleep at all XD)
Some of the people I know(and a big part of the society) consider it childish as they think they're cartoons,(they keep comparing them to Tom and Jerry, I don't know why) and that they're just for kids. :D
Other people(ones I've met relatively recently) turned out to be anime/manga lovers & gamers, and for that I am thankful! (even though we don't really talk much)

Everyone seems to have siblings....lucky fishes. I don't even have one to complain/dote about. My family just thinks my anime/media activities as "my own life" and respect that enough not to disturb it.

Believe me, not having siblings is a blessing in many ways, even though you might not realize that, and even though it's got some disadvantages!

My whole family doesn't very care about me watching anime, playing games, whatever. First, my brother also watches anime with me, and especially plays games. My mother's kinda fond of ACGs(but of a total difference of loves to ACG from me~), and my father basically doesn't care about what me and my brother's doing. Other relatives, most of them, play games and sometimes watch anime(and again, most of which they watch ain't no cup of my tea~), but, you know, they won't show a particular dislike to ACGs.
Luckily, most of my friends have contacted with ACGs, some are even longer than me. Or I should say, thanks to'em I've become a ACG fanatic(probably~)! So ACG's always a topic around my friends, and it successfully keeps a steady connection between me and my friends.
Well, I don't care what society generally think of ACGs. I just need to know that I keep on sticking to ACGs I'd be always happy, and there're many pals talking about ACGs, sharing their feelings towards ACGs.

They don't know and I have no desire to tell them. It's not something they would think is appropriate for an adult. They like many think animation is strictly for children and I really couldn't be bothered explaining the error in their and others thinking.

My mom used to call them monsters it cracks me up because back in the day anime didn't look that good so looking back on it I kind of agree with her now that I'm older.

in my country different from japan
the terms of otaku isn't well known here, they just dont know about the prejudice upon the otakus...in other words, they almost dont care at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?