Implemented VM Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ELOS

久慈川 りせ
Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
Are VM's supposed to appear in everyone's profile now, or is that a bug? I just don't think my VM's should appear in everyone's profile, they were intended for one person to read, not everyone. The same goes with post, all my post now appear in everyone else's "My Activity" is that a bug also? Thanks for your time, and overall I really like the update.

Well, in my opinion is the "My Activity" no bug, but a wanted option from the Admins - Well, I'll it let so now for a while, and wait if it to a wrong way go should...:goodtea:~>

Upvote 0
Well, I don't see how what I VM and post is part of someone else's "My Activity" makes no sense.

Upvote 0
mmh.. you can see the activities of all the people in your friend list. no big deal? if you want privacy, you still have pm. can't hide the threads you post in, though.

Upvote 0
The activity is like a feed, like facebook. So if you are in someone's net you can see their activity. I believe that's how it works? It's not a bug. You can edit a few things here http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/profile.php?do=privacy
But the activity feed on profiles have to be disabled on the control panel. Also member's activities are supposed to show here too http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/activity.php

In the admin control panel it can be set what shows in the stream so it can be solved ^^ dont worry

Upvote 0
Well, I don't mind so much the post showing up in other peoples stream, but why VM's? VM's are meant for one person only, I don't see why they have to show up in everyone's stream

Upvote 0
Because VMs are public communication and as such meant for public reading. If they weren't, you'd use PMs instead.

Upvote 0
i think before was better in some things... this activity thing i don't like it at all i don't wanna see what VMs was been told with friends (without entering his/her profile) and to be shared with everyone at the forum...

Reactions: Panos X10A
Upvote 0
I sort of have mixed feelings about the 'My Acvitivy' thing.
I don't really mind it as I don't pay much attention to it, partially because I don't really care what other people say/post. I can read them when I visit the threads they posted in.
But I don't know if I mind/do not mind the VMs being showed in the activity feed. Even if they're part of public communication, do still have that 'personal' touch about them. Just my opinion and thoughts on the matter.

I really like the rest of the site up-grade though ^^

Upvote 0
I'm not sure but I don't understand what you're complaining about. Please to elaborate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All we were trying to say is that even though VM's can be read by anyone if they visit your profile, they still are somewhat personal as they were intended for a specific person, and shouldn't appear in everyone's activity. I don't want everyone's VM's appearing in my activity, because they were not intended for me, if I really wanted to read someone else's VM I can always go to their profile, but I still don't want them appearing in my activity as it has nothing to do with me.

Upvote 0
According to him in the LPW, it's the former for no 1
and for no 2, it's the "My Activity" section in each of our profile page

Upvote 0
I'd like to lay out the facts, some of which have been previously mentioned by corocoro and misu:

• Your visitor messages are not private as even a guest can see them unless you specifically adjust your settings to prohibit that.
  • The only items appearing in your activity panel are those originated by you and everyone else on your contact list (friends). If you prefer not to see activities from certain people, maybe you shouldn't have them on your list, just saying. However, one downside that I admit is that, since all content originated by people on your contact list is listed, content sent by someone on your list to someone not on your list―e.g. your friend sends a stranger a VM―is also aggregated.
  • A large part of our active posters are spammers. No offence, but by the very definition of the word, these are people who make a large amount of (in no way do I mean to imply "all") insubstantial posts. The activity panel of a spammer, and by extension people on their contact list, is likely full with posts in spam threads that are are sure to wear down even the most seasoned of stalkers such as myself before they can even get to anything 'stalkworthy.'

That said, because I value privacy and am such a nice person who listens to my constituents, I've disabled visitor messages from appearing in the activity stream.
Now the items that will appear in the stream are limited to forum threads and posts, discussions in social groups, and images added to social groups as well as the corresponding comments.

Upvote 0
Thank you, that's what I love about this forum, that the admin's really listen to request from their members. And I love the upgrade by the way, very nice job.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

zhandie wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, could you re-upload this ?
[201030][Lose] 【DLsite限定特典付き】まいてつ 全部入り [v2.2 JPN/CHN]

The Mexashare links for parts 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 are dead.
The Rosafile link seems to be online, but for I can't download it.
Additionally, I can't download the file from KatFile or Rapidgator either.
jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games