Visual novel only works in windows 7

darkcam17

Jul 23, 2014
Hey guys, I've been running into a peculiar issue recently. A visual novel I recently got does not work at all on my windows 8 computer, it says that a dvd must be inserted even though the .exe is cracked. Strangely the exact same game runs perfectly fine on my windows 7 computer. This leads me to believe that windows 8 is blocking the verification exe from running but I have absolutely no idea on how I would go about fixing this. Was wondering if anyone here had ran into a similar issue and how it can be fixed.

What's the name of game you are referring?
Have you tried changing Compatiblity mode?
Windows 8 kinda suck so try Dual booting or VM's :(
Some games have custom Windows 8 patches for it to work.

Reactions: namalandrcont
Did already several time mentioned, but I'll then again say: Win8 is still shit for VN playing, stay further at Win7 - there standing you on safely side, okay?:goodtea:

Thanks for the help, gave up on trying to fix it going to use a VM anyone have suggestions on one?

here's a piece of advice... you want to play VN? uninstall that win 8 and return to win 7...

Well my main computer is a windows 7 machine. I just wanted to play the VN while on vacation so I was using a windows 8 laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25