Visual Novel Cafe

Whew. Just finished Sapphire and now starting with Amethyst. I did not notice the typos until Boulder96 pointed them out. Hehe. Also, I stand corrected. It's Chrysoberyl. I think I called her Chrysobelle before. I was too lazy to check vndb for the spelling. Chrysoberyl is a gemstone which goes along with the VN's motif. Looking forward to reaching one ending now that Onyx has been revealed. I just wished they did not add the foreshadowing at the end of Sapphire. It dampened my excitement.

Tell me when you reach Chapter 12. I have some questions to ask :confused:

Tell me when you reach Chapter 12. I have some questions to ask :confused:

You might get tired of waiting. I just started Book 5, Apatite. During Amethyst, I sensed a bit of Hapymaher-ish development. It's becoming more interesting, but not in a way that it pulls me into the story. I rarely encounter VNs that really pulls me in and makes me want to read it day and night nonstop. For Kami no Ue, I'm simply interested in the development and ending, but it lacks the power to suck me into the story so I tend to look for other things to do or simply take a lot of breaks, slowing my pace. It might also has something to do with the BGM. It fits the genre but it lacks variation that I'm starting to think that there is only one or two tracks.

Done with Karin and Amane routes for Harenochi Kitto Nanohana Biyori...the former isn't as messy, the latter is much more messier...yikes for having a very, very, big sister...

The unlocked remaining main route (Konomi) will have to wait...

As reviewing isn't my style, I'll just say that the three previous stories I had read thus far aren't as much of a trainwreck as I (or one) would expect...but they are touching alright.

Finally finished Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai. It did keep me entertained for a week, guess now I'll have to wait for more VNs or watch some anime. Chrysoberyl's and Kanata's ending were happy ones though (finally!), but I prefered Chrysoberyl's ending more.
This VN certainly has a unique story, but there are many ups and downs too. Some chapters were boring and draggy while some were exciting and tense. A lot of fighting and conflicts but I was glad how the True End (Chrysoberyl's) was. This will probably be my last VN for the next 2 years as I'll be too busy life. I'll really miss VNs... So many March 2015 releases I want to read...

Harenochi Kitto Nanohana Biyori: Konomi's route done during a long sitting of playing planes. The route is left as fourth for a good reason - it's a real trainwreck, and the truth lies there.

...only one, extra scenario, left, and I can move onward...

My inner alarm system basically shouted at me "GET AWAY FROM THIS VN" as soon as the early common route had started, so I checked a review. I think I never dropped and uninstalled a VN faster in my life *lol*.

I played a bit of Union Rythm by Clip Craft: It's one of those VNs where I had for some unknown reason a totally different image of the MC and the reality check was like "meh." Forgotten chilhood promise? Check*, donkan? check. Sudden power boost? check. The way how he could unleash his "hidden" potential was a bit stupid, but seeing that Clip Craft decided to throw some of the stronger knight teams at you right from the beginning, I was stupid to have expected a more smoother progression. And as mentioned in the beginning I somehow already expected that the MC started out as skilled and comparatively powerful (other than it was implemented).
As for the the *: Even though I generally dislike the forgotten childhood promise/childhood encounter trope, Akito's (the MC) reasoning was imho plausible compared to the usual "Why the heck did I even forget her?!" during the girl's route :rolleyes:

Now, I'm done with the aforementioned title. That extra scenario (about 33-50% as long as a full route) adds an extra layer of messiness and double the instant noodles.

What should I do next...because StudioMate is so much fun, I'll take a little break...

I just finished Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Damn anime blazed through things so quickly. Luckily a friend stopped me after episode 5, because I just finished Michiru's route and I felt very little impact....

the spontaneous bad end where she goes brain dead

Can't judge if it's considered a good VN given this was my first, but I enjoyed it. It kept me attached to finding out how Yuuji solves the heroines' problems. My only wish would be if they kept telling the story a little further in each bad end... just to see how these changes affect everyone else. I see how it's pointless given the general purpose is to win the hearts of the other characters, but it's still a story in the end.

Nevertheless, this game, if you can even call it one, kept me busy all winter break. I'm saddened that I can sense myself diving further into fantasy land escaping reality. I've already backed Sekai Project's Kickstarter and secured digital copies of the other VNs. Better keep this in moderation.

Hi I'm back seeking the wisdom of those who have completed saga planet's hatsuyuki sakura. Due to time constraints I'm trying to complete this VN as soon as possible, so I'm wondering if each character route is that important. What I really want to do now is just download a save and read the true end. Yup, so main question is, are the individual character routes really important to understand the true end, or can I just skip those?

I don't think you need to play every route. But, from what I can faintly remember, I recommened Aya's route, at least as it deals with Hatsuyuki's and her past. May the ending be to your satisfaction (and not hit you like a truck as with myself *lol*).

Hi, I'm back with more questions about Hatsuyuki Sakura. I have some questions about Ran's route (the one immediately after the prologue)
Who is Ran? Why was the protag able to talk to her even though her soul was taken away a long time ago? And what happens to Sakura in the end? Konoha Sakuya was trying to stop her from doing something, but she just replies that she is the ghostchild. And lastly, what happens to the protag, such that he returns to his friends? Did he kill himself so he could be a ghost and return?

Last edited:
Err. You cant skip any routes in Hatsuyuki Sakura if you wanna know everything.
Game forces a route order on you so just abide by it.
True ending has 2 branches depending on what decision you make.
If you are just planning to read through to get a general gist of what the story/game is about, I am afraid you are doing it wrong.

Guess you're right. I'll just read through all then

Update: Well Aya's route was quite reminiscent of that of Majokoi Nikki. Some feels here and there, but seems this VN is similar to Majokoi Nikki where you play through a pre-determined sequence of routes that lead to the true end.

Last edited:
Muv-Luv is essentially 2 games in one Muv-Luv Extra & Muv-Luv Unlimited,

it forces you through Sumika's and Meiya's routes in extra in order to unlock unlimited, you must play through Unlimited with at least one heroine,
after which the extra menu opens for viewing cg, etc.

(if memory serves right)

Awww. I just finished Hatsuyuki Sakura's true route. So heart wrenching. くうぅ...
1.So in the end sakura gets banished, but returns to "watch over" hatsuyuki again?
2.And just to clarify, Hatsuyuki's father was a strong player in the political scene, so his party was sabotaged by the opposition, but did Hatsuyuki and Sakura die there or not? Their parents made them into "ghost-childs", but were they still living then?

Just finished finally my first playthrough of Tenbin La Dea: Battle Goddess Memoria. I had already started a run on my laptop a few weeks post-release, but got distracted with my classic light-hearted titles. Anyway, I actually aimed for the neutral route, but got Roka's IF instead. Overall, it was well enough. Roka, Shuri, Mety, Levina, etc were the "winner" of the VN as Celica had been only okay-ish. The final battle was much easier than Verita's, but the ending (before IF ending starts) felt rather bland. At first, I was annoyed that to see Levina's normal h-scenes, you had to witness her rape one, but then I thought that the simple option that you can even avoid all rape scenes was a "gift" from Eushully as I don't think the original release had them (given how much of a rapefest BGII is from what I've read *urk*).

So yeah: I enjoyed Verita overall better. The drama, which I actually enjoyed!, was quite touching in Verita and the optional scenes pre last dungeon with Levina, chibi-Shuri etc were lovely. Too bad it was treated as "not happened" in the last chapter afterwards.

Well, back to Amakano and maybe the latest Lump of Sugar title ;).

Guys I'm sorry for spamming this thread with my posts but I'm back again with some questions about Natsuyume Nagisa
I just can't find the link between the prologue and the true end. It doesn't flow very well. Is the prologue supposed to be related to the true end or something? Can anyone explain:
1. Who the heck is the mysterious girl in the prologue who meets Nagisa in the dark music room? Is it supposed to be Ayumu?
2. What is the relation of all the other heroines beside Ayumu to the story? Though I've read through the vn thoroughly I don't get how they are related to the true end though...

Last edited:
My mermoy is really, really hazy as I don't plan to replay the VN due to the melodrama ending (I felt down for quite a few days after finishing it *lol*). So, sorry if what I can recall is too vague...
1. I can only remember two girls who are not the main heroines: Sakuya, the girl with the sword, who appears at the end of the prologue and the "target" of Hatsuyuki's revenge. She's normally Sakura's pet rabbit. The other child is/was Hatsuyuki's little sister Ran (or Ren?) and is the doll Hatsuyuki keeps in the appartment. There's apparently more to her involvment and supposed death, but I can't remember it.

2. I think they are mostly on-screen during the school part and helped in the finale Hatsuyuki to snap back to his sense after the tragic loss of Sakura :(. Didn't they gain some ghost power during their route which was used during the finale?

Oh yeah, speaking of the true ending: While I actually liked how the bitter sweet ending was pulled through, I still believe that with overpowered characters like Sakuya and the fortune teller some sort of "miracle" to save Sakura should have been possible! But that's just me and my constant desire for happy/light-hearted reads :nekopara_cheer:

Reactions: Boulder96
Done with Koisuru Kanojo no Bukiyou na Butai...just in time before the upcoming [Mint]Cube's title...

...I should get a break...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]