Trouble Patching This Eroge.

LonerPrime

EroGamer Extraordinaire~
Elite Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hello,

So I am trying to play the following game:

NTR Kanojo wa Ijimerarekko ~Kakure Kyonyuu de Meganekko no Kanojo ga, Shiranai Aida ni XXX no OOO ni~ Sareteta Nante~
VNDB: https://vndb.org/v8503

I have played a lot of Anim games but only a few ever were so much trouble. So this particular one comes with "alsignup_act_100723_110729.exe" to patch. Unfortunately the girlcelly upload came without the patch, internal or external. I had to pick it from another source. Instructions say to copy the patch to the game directory first and then run it. Run the game's .exe after that and the game should be patched. Unfortunately, no dice following those instructions. The serial window still pops up.

First I followed all the instructions and AlphaRom did pop up a Crack ID. I copied it from ProgramData directory to the game directory but that didn't work either.
Here is a screenshot of positive cracking I believe:

Error0.jpg

Then I deleted the ASign folder to reset AlphaRom since I cracked another game couple of days back and I thought that some cache might be interfering. That worsened the problem because now AlphaROM refuses to patch anything and no "ASign" folder in C: drive anymore either. I got the attached error.

Error.jpg

So I ended up creating the Asign folder. That made the problem go away but I was back to step 1. Positive cracking but the game refuses to budge off the Alpha Serial Window.

Here are my specs btw:

Windows 10, 64 bit.
Dual Core 3.5hz
6GB RAM
100gb+ space on the intended directory

I am kinda out of ideas now. Even running the game and patch in Admin mode doesn't help. I mean the game isn't even so old as to have Windows 10 issues. So what gives? :S

Appreciate the help in advance folks.

Regards,
LonerPrime

PS: The pictures are hosted on Anime-sharing itself. It is quite weird if you get a google warning. Generally I use imgur but for some reason the photos are disappearing when posting them on AS via imgur.

Last edited:
This doesn't have to do with the crack:

Imgur recently started blocking this domain. As a result, Imgur photos no longer show up on Anime-Sharing. You could try posting non-NSFW pictures on Photobucket. For NSFW you could try Imagetwist, Pixiv, ImageBam, or IMG Mega. There are plenty more out there you could try.

Reactions: LonerPrime
Well,VN Game in Windows 10 more problem than Windows 7.Try install without patch and run it first.When it come and no alpharom problem.You can continue play game.For images i suggest use with google photo is free if you don't select original quality.You can management it well too.Or you can disable safe browsing in chrome.
Good Luck.

Reactions: LonerPrime
Thank you both for that info regarding pic hosting. I'll keep it handy.

The game issue still stands though. I mean I am running older Anim games on Win10 without a hitch, why the heck would this one throw a compatibility fit? I tried what you suggested ASUS but with same conclusion. In fact I did exactly that the first time unknowingly because I didn't know this game needed a patch as the girlcelly version came without one.

Still this time, I ran the game first, then closed down the Serial Window and then started the patch. Tried running the game again but even with positive cracking, the game refuses to move forward. This situation has gone from "fapping opportunity" to "Installing VMWare cause this mystery is bugging the hell out of the IT engineer inside me". I am this close to installing xp and confirming if this is an OS issue or something else entirely.

Anymore ideas folks before I forget why I play eroge?

Regards,
LonerPrime

Last edited:
Eroge's developer is serious about activation and don't want lose income.When eroge games release about 2014-2015.They use alpharom or another engines for more secure.The problem isn't normal game and less people who know reverse engineering.That reason why i find old eroge because they didn't care about activation but Windows are stop support Windows 7 like not support new processor or buy new computer with Windows 10.
I think you should play another eroge with 3 years old or no alpharom.

Alright so, I went total techie on this thing. Installed XP on dual boot with Windows 10. Fired up the game, installed it and then followed the patch instructions and WHAM, game started running like a boss. Didn't even had to copy the generated registration ID to the game directory. Just started the patch, then the game and closed them both. Ran the game once more and it started flowing without a hitch.

Observations: It is not the game but the patch that is the culprit here. Whoever designed the patch did so in tandem with Windows XP platform. Might even work with Windows 7 but the Windows after that won't run this game, not at least with the present patch/crack. An original copy of the game, I think, would have no issues running with Windows 10 though since the title is barely 5 years old.

TLDR; If you are into nostalgic gaming, keep an old OS handy on dual boot. I tried installing XP on VMWare running Win10 as the host but even then some games refused to work. I installed the same OS as a dual boot and those games started dancing. Point being, new Windows overwrites all hardware programming of Win 7/XP even if they are running in a virtual environment.

Hopefully this helps someone somewhere.

Regards,
LonerPrime

Reactions: ねねかちゃん
Hi, all more simple, you forgot dell AlphaRom config folder in MyDocuments\SETTEC. And AlphaRom 2.x were bad work or just not work, and some 3.0 in x64. In future try use VirtualBox for emu, 2-3 y use and dont have any problem. 2 times try VMware V.4 or 5. First time just not run after install WinXpJ, second time V.6 just out, and i want try, run but work terrible slow. And use original Jp DirectX some old 3D game game not work in Eng DirectX. First TEATIME want DirectX 7 and 8.

Hi, all more simple, you forgot dell AlphaRom config folder in MyDocuments\SETTEC. And AlphaRom 2.x were bad work or just not work, and some 3.0 in x64. In future try use VirtualBox for emu, 2-3 y use and dont have any problem. 2 times try VMware V.4 or 5. First time just not run after install WinXpJ, second time V.6 just out, and i want try, run but work terrible slow. And use original Jp DirectX some old 3D game game not work in Eng DirectX. First TEATIME want DirectX 7 and 8.

Cool info. Unfortunately all I had in the SETTEC folder was AlphaDiscLog.txt file. No config folder whatsoever. Thanks for dropping the idea about Virtualbox though. I'll keep that in mind the next time I decide to do some R&D. Fortunately I have a Win Xp Japanese disc at hand as well so will try it with the next title that refuses to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.