SUGGESTIONS

dreamer197

Henshin Beast
Elite Member
Jan 10, 2012
i wanna start playing eroge..... but i dont know where to star.... can so one pls sugest me some to start with????

i dont mind the extremeness or anything....:P

Something special you prefer playing?

If not, I can recommend you the following ones

G-Senjou no Maou - this was my 2nd eroge and it was also the best one I've played so far. It's just EPIC and definitely no fault to play it. With english patch.
Sharin no Kuni (with fandisc) - from the same developer as G-Senjou and that means something :D Also with english patch.
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! - The best eroge I've played regarding "friendship". It's also more in the funnier direction than the above one, but also with a good story. Unfortunately only with a partial english patch and it seems the translation doesn't proceed (or only very very slow).
Snow Sakura - this one is mainly focused on fun. If you are looking for one without an emotional story but many funny scenes, you should definitely give it a try. Also with an english patch.

I can tell you others too, but therefore it would be nice to know what you prefer :)

WOOT :D i prefer like love and happiness in my games and not rape and like stuff.... i also like fantasy themes and mecha themes,
thanks ;D

I would recommend you Da Capo (VNs/anime series), its one of the best fantasy romances I've found out there

WOOT :D i prefer like love and happiness in my games and not rape and like stuff.... i also like fantasy themes and mecha themes,
thanks ;D
Hm, then I can recommend you D.C. Da Capo and D.C. Da Capo II, like Zeey said, and maybe you'll like Fate/stay night too if you like fantasy. F/SN is als listed as the most popular eroge on vndb. In my opinion it's a really good one, without a doubt, but I played better ones, but everyone has other tastes :) It has an english patch too.

About fantasy:
My girlfriend is the president - yeah, this one is really, I don't know what I should say. It's like Snow Sakura, mostly it's funny and then sometimes it get's a little bit emotional. English too.
Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star- - I like that one really much. The true end (Yume's route) is just EPIC ... not so EPIC like in G-Senjou, but it's definitely EPIC. Followed by Kosame's route, which was also really good. Anyway, if you play it, play every single route. First it's required to unlock Yume's route, secondly every route is especially good, also the one from Isuzu, which I didn't like that much. In English.
Princess Waltz - If you like fantasy themes with a very easy card battle system, this one is also worth a try. Didn't like it as much as the others I recommend you here. In english.
Utawarerumono - also like that one. Good story and also with a strategic mini game ... really good. In English.
Cross Channel - played it too. Good story, but somehow it doesn't meet your preferences ... everyone is happy at the end, but you will not. In English.
Dengeki Stryker - same as Cross Channel
Duel Savior - I'm playing this one atm. Only played one route so far. Ok, to be true, I used the skip function. Only played this route because it has an enforced playing order -_- Also a fighting mini game. A really good eroge. The special thing about the english translation is, that you can also play the PS2 version if you downloaded the english patch, since it also was released on PS2 (with other CG's, other voices and some other differents). But even better, if you cleared one route with the PC content (version), it also means it's cleared in PS2 mode. This is good because the PS2 version got an extra route (but no harem route), therefore you can play every route (for example) in PC mode and then the extra route of the PS2 version is unlocked (and the harem route too) :)

About mecha:
Muv-Luv series - unfortunately there are only two translated into English. I didn't play it though, simply because I also like, like you said, love and happiness ... btw, read the tags on the link for further information ;)
Deus Machina Demonbane - is also really good, but yeah, I'm not really into mecha themes, therefore I didn't like it that much, but it's definitely one of the better one's I've played.

And don't worry, everyone of them has good endings afaik and no rape scenes (don't like it too) or death of heroine (if you play with walkthrough and only aim for good endings) ... Muv-Luv and Cross Channel are exceptions and I didn't complete Duel Savior so far, therefore I don't know about the routes yet. :)

Last edited:
Utawarerumono is good for start. Brave soul is good too ( i played this game for the 1st time i played eroge ).
If you like eroge with game play, you can look for alice soft game. But it have so many H-scene :D.
You can try Kamidori Alchemy meister - a RGP eroge. But it will take a lot time ;).

You can try Kamidori Alchemy meister - a RGP eroge. But it will take a lot time ;).
For me it was too long ... installed it, played a few hours and then never started the game again. I think you need more than 100h to complete it, and I don't have that much time anyway, so I stopped playing it, for now :D

In case you haven't already found it, This link contains a pretty good (or shall I say legendary ) collection of Eroge. each one has some brief description along with it..

For me it was too long ... installed it, played a few hours and then never started the game again. I think you need more than 100h to complete it, and I don't have that much time anyway, so I stopped playing it, for now
Yeah, It's very long eroge :D. I play it when i'm boring. Using cheat engine to cheat stat and material... so i don't have to spend time to train character lv or find material, but it take much time. I read the walkthrough on how to train character, you have to complete the game 3~4 times to have powerfull character... And to unlock full CG, maybe ~10 times. :D

This is about the only game suggested in this thread that's actually beginner friendly. Everything else either has complicated route structures or restricted clearing order.
Princess Waltz also is very beginner friendly. The card battles are easy and it has no enforced playing order ... on the contrary, it's the easiest game I've played so far :D
And Utawarerumono also has only one ending afaik, therefore you don't need a walkthrough at all. Ok, maybe for battles, but I had no problem with the fights in Princess Waltz and Utawarerumono.

You can try Brave Soul if you don't like one ending. It's RPG game and i have a tip that help you clear the game quickly when you complete 1 time. Not cheat, just a tip that help you quickly gain money to buy seed to increase character stat. ;)

Yeah, It's very long eroge :D. I play it when i'm boring. Using cheat engine to cheat stat and material... so i don't have to spend time to train character lv or find material, but it take much time. I read the walkthrough on how to train character, you have to complete the game 3~4 times to have powerfull character... And to unlock full CG, maybe ~10 times. :D
holy shit....

holy shit....

Jahajahajaha, it's not that...well yeah I complete Yuera's route around 5 times (more than half before the patch) and Serawi almost as well. Still I only lack the loli scenes, until the day I enter that zone. But the gameplay is pretty addictive (the story is...well) and the training characters is practically the hardest thing there. With recent updates you can reach lvl 99 along certain item and start again in lvl 1 with lvl 99 stats. There is Soukoku no Arterial from the same branch as well, an SRPG-card games-ADV-and I don't know what else, but way more easy than Kamidori (and same story as Kamidori, finished aside from the lolis). And if you want an epic protagonist with an amazing story I'll suggest Ikusa Megami Zero and Ikusa Megami Verita (in that order). Serika, the Godslayer (or Kamigoroshi for the friends).

But those are hard to understand so let's go for the easy ones: Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, probably you watched some of the anime, well the VN is better. There they don't mix routes. And there you can go Satsuki's route but she's mine so hands off.
I just finished this one Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road and I want to thank the guy who invented the naked aprons. And the one from the long-black haired girls (God probably, thank you).
And you said love and stuff that gives you diabetes so add this one too Pure Girl. Because, as a wise man once said: "Nukiges are pure and innocent too!"

Last edited:
Also remember that there's AGTH/ITH (text extraction) and translation aggregator/ATLUS (japanese text translation) to help with reading japanese text if you can't read japanese.

Of course the translation is generally really crude, but most eroge do not have very complicated text to begin with so its generally good enough. It sometimes fails at translating character dialog due to... ummmm... cutsy language (adding sounds that mean nothing in sentences) or emphasis/breaks in speech.

If a sentence translation confuses you or you want more clarification (such as in some dialogue), you can use mecab/jparse plugins with a little knowledge of japanese grammer to piece together the meaning of a sentence yourself. You won't believe some of the gibberish you get from the translator trying to translate sounds (like fufufu, kukuku, hahaha, aaah, nnn---).

This way you don't have to limit yourself to translated eroges if you want to understand the story. Although, sometimes you can understand the general gist of the story through watching the various scenes and listening to the tone of the dialogue/music haha.

You do spend extra time interpreting sentences, but after you get used to it, you can generally read stuff pretty quickly. By getting used to, I mean you start to recognize certain errors in translation that the translator makes all the time thus by learning what they're actually trying to say, you can immediate spot that non-sensical translation and understand it immediately. And you get faster at piecing together word-per-word translations through mecab/jparse. I've gotta admit that I spend more time looking at the white window with translated text than I do acutally looking at the game itself haha.

Also a great tool if to help learning japanese. Anyway, here was a great guide that helped me out when I started using these stuff;
http://amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/an-aero-gamers-guide-to-using-atlas/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

geesew wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please upload this full version?
FrDs1996 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
I've seen you posted some otogi frontier video. If you play the game ; is it possible to ask for character scene ? Thanks in advance.
bloodvlad wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi sir, reupload pls
RJ376004 and RJ393848
remanen wrote on viniamin's profile.
hi, do you think it would be possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]
remanen wrote on Esan's profile.
hello, do you think its possible to reupload this game?
[121010][Blue Cellar]監禁少女遠隔監視システム 【Kankin View】[RJ103666]