Neither. Pay attention to the background when watching and you'll see her for sure. ;)

It’s a closed loop inside the Alpha Attractor Field. SERN’s dominance is predetermined by the world. They are not fighting against SERN but fate itself. Okabe still founded the resistence despite knowing that all will be in vain. Kurisu still becomes the Mother of Time Machines and got disposed of. Daru still gave birth to Suzuha. And Suzuha will eventually travel to 2010 and fail her mission. The cycle then repeats itself. The Alpha Worldline is doomed. It’s truely a distopia.

Okabe cannot bring himself to send the D-Mail, denying Ruka's memories and feelings. He ends up seeing Mayuri to her death at the Comic Market that night, as she abruptly dies from an unknown cause. He ends up secluding himself from everyone else for three days in a row, and Kurisu tries to bring him to his senses.

She says there's no way she could get angry at someone who's time leaped so many times when she hasn't time leaped once at all, but he has to take responsibility for it, especially since he's let Ruka continue on living as a girl. Thanks to what's happened, Kurisu asserts Ruka has essentially become an "accomplice" to Mayuri's death, and likely is suffering just as much as Okabe is.

Okabe visits Ruka again, who is in tears inside the shrine. She still wants to save Mayuri, but Okabe doesn't want to do anything that would hurt Ruka. Ruka eventually decides to time leap herself to before Mayuri dies. Okabe's Reading Steiner doesn't kick in, but he feels as if he's time leaped when he actually hasn't. When Ruka talks to him, she has a picture of him, herself, and Mayuri. Ruka is wearing the cosplay outfit that Mayuri made for her.

Sometime in the future, Rintarou has a child with Ruka.

]

noooo....

Ok, 19 was a really good episode, but I was really looking forward to see something like this.
tumblr_lpop0nwg561qcimuco1_500.jpg

I don't know, I just hated her so much after Mayushi's dead I couldn't help it

One of the stand-out best epsiodes out the series for me this week.

Poor Moeka, so distraughted at the no-show from FB, and subsequently punched and 'tortured' by Okabe because he took away her phone and locked himself outside to conduct his reversals. Now now, I dont really stand-for violence against bishoujos (if i consider moeka one) in animus, but i guess, i can understand what Okabe went through. The initial hatred for her being the 'first' one to kill Mayuri later in future must have stung him bad, after all, he had spent the last episodes reversing the mails before reaching Moeka. Yet, i do not condone such physical and mental abuse. Poor Moeka(x2) got kissed hard by Okabe to 'avoid' suspicion. Seeing someone so distraughted and depressed definitely is not kind, i feel really bad for Moeka, after learning that she actually committed suicide in later in the future. I had some utsuge-vibes just hearing her part out and crying so badly. Okabe was just torturing that poor girl, not that I really despise those actions, but Moeka definitely was pitiful this episode.

Poor Okabe, who similarly experienced a wave of emotions confronting Moeka, and got beaten and bit. Now, if both the contents of the D-mails did not activate his reading steiner, then what is the true 'content'? Okabe goes FB-hunting! Who is FB? Well i got spoiled earlier so, yeah, i will be waiting to see how all these plays out.

Kurisu: hitori janai, watashi ga iru!

<3

Last edited:
Kamijou Touma would be proud.

Okabe's falcon punch just broke Moeka's imagination :D.

It is ironic how "FB" takes over Moeka's need for a social life and guides her every waking moment ... I'm sure that's no accident, but I'm sure FB's a real person as well. It would make no sense if Facebook became self-aware and started mind-controling busty emo girls.

I should probably stop being surprised that girls that look as good as Moeka exist who are somehow utterly rejected by anime society ... she was unstable this episode, and Okabe was all GRRR ALPHA MALE >XD Shining Finger totally needed the punch to the face and the kick to the head, she was quite willing to kill someone she didn't know (in this timeline) or even die to make someone she'd never met happy. There's crazy and there's CRAZY, and she's the one with the caps lock.

Okabe seemed more sinister than I'd ever seen him before, tearing down Moeka's Id and stomping all over her soul like that. Not that she didn't deserve it! And it worked, since she told him where the IBN was.

Okabe seems to become more unstable and turning into a real mad scientist with each time travel, understandable, I probably snapped already :(

^ Fukou Da...

once again heard tutturu again by mayushii.. yeah.. with nae...

finally recover ibn 5100 ~ undoing d-mails from kiryu moeka - to achieve their goal .. erase the first d-mail

now i understand moeka... she follows order from FB which was mr. braun.. damn.. ferdinand braun and she has been used.

suicide is always the last resort but thanks to time leap ~.. mad scientist saves the two..~

however i sense something not good.. going back to the original time line.. ~ assistant life is at stake for she'll gonna be stab. ~

Episode 20 was... well, not really to my liking considering the changes they have made.
Putting Nae aside, didn't they screw a bit Braun's characterization?
It has been a while I didn't read S;G, but I'm certain he was more like regretting using Moeka and betraying Suzu's trust by doing SERN's bidding.

The first change is near the beginning/middle where Okabe is going back to the lab to time leap back from 8/15 to 8/11(I don't remember when exactly this happens, it might even be back during episode 19's events, but I didn't realize it was missing until episode 20 since I didn't remember when exactly it happens). As he approaches the apartment he sees that machine is in mid-activation, and when he gets there to check it out, the lab is empty.

This is already a huge loss because this moment really got you wondering right from the beginning. "Oh crap, someone else is time traveling, who the hell is it" and it's on your mind throughout the whole chapter and made it a more enjoyable experience.

After that, there's no major change until they discover Braun getting the IBN. While I'm at it, I'll just go into detail.

First, they go into his house(Kurisu waits outside, doesn't come in with them). Also, shortly after he reveals himself as FB, he draws his gun and has it pointed at them for the entire conversation, added to the suspense. The anime kind of changed this to just a casual 'sitting down and talking' atmosphere that I thought was kind of disappointing(also, they have this conversation still in the house)

The conversation itself is basically the same. At the end, he changed the direction of the gun from Moeko to his own head and blows his brains out, he doesn't kill Moeko in the VN(in fact, he's made out in the VN to be protecting Moeko in his own way, which is why he stopped sending orders. Rounders are killed after their mission is over, so he basically wanted to try to stall her mission out for as long as possible. Following that logic, he would never actually kill Moeko himself. Of course, he acts like a villain on purpose and this is just a conclusion that Okabe reaches personally after adding up all of his actions, it's not 'confirmed' as truth, just what Okabe thinks.)

So after this, he checks Nae's room, since this all happened when she was in the other room sleeping, only to find that she wasn't there. Anyway, at this point, they all decide to head back to Moeko's apartment for the time being, after which Kurisu mentions that she saw Nae run from the house shortly after she heard a gunshot.

Moments later, there's a knock on the door. Knowing of Moeko's fate to die today, Okabe has a bad feeling and tries to stop her, but is too late. She opens the door and at the door is... Nae. She immediately stabs and kills Moeko. She proclaims that she'll kill Okabe in 15 years and to wait for her in fear(I would also like to point out that Okabe's year of death in the SERN timeline was established by Suzaha in the VN prior to this point, 2025.) and takes her leave. Kurisu and Okabe just stand in stunned silence, after which Kurisu suggests that they hurry up and undo the d-mail and change events. You can do that now and skip what comes next(basically jumps to the same point that this episode ends at), or hold off and see the optional event, since Okabe thought that Nae was acting like a completely different person and Okabe wanted to get to the bottom of things.

Doing so makes him time leap back to those events, time time he sends Moeko in alone, upon hearing the gunshot, he sees Nae run out and chases after her.

Upon speaking to her, he basically learns that she found out later that Moeko and Okabe were the ones in the house the day her dad died, and blames them for the death. Her hatred basically grows over the years while she waits until she gets old enough to exact her revenge. She captures Okabe and tortures him to death 15 years later, but then learns that Moeko already died years ago, and was not able to exact her revenge upon her. So, eventually she gets her hand on the time leap machine that they created, which is kept by SERN in storage somewhere, and uses it to time leap back to that day, essentially jumping 15 years in 48 hour increments, which means she time leaped thousands of times in succession, all to fulfill her revenge(and you also figure out at this point that the person you saw using the time leap machine earlier was Nae, finishing up the last of her thousands of leaps). So the Nae you see at this point is one that already tortured and killed Okabe to death in the future, which of course, she describes to Okabe(needless to say, hearing all this stuff come from the mouth of a little girl is creepy... and maybe kind of hot, ahem.)

Basically, she gives him one good stab for the road and runs off, and at this point, Kurisu catches up to him, worried about his injury, he tells her to send the d-mail now, she complies, knowing that it'll get rid of his injury, and then we're back to the end episode 20 again, of course with some additions to his inner monologue, with Okabe remarking that now Nae's revenge won't happen in this worldline.

And that is what was cut out!

And below are my thoughts on how the change has affected the overall presentation of this arc.

- The sins and suffering of Okabe. People have been suffering because of his foolishness. In his quest to save Mayuri, he has brought unbearable pain and misfortunes on others. He even couldn’t blame Nae, the murderous monster that is his creation. It’s all his fault.

- How far one can go if he/she is to be consumed by hatred. Nae blamed Okabe and Moeka for letting her father committing suicide. She joined SERN and tortured Okabe to death in 2025, and timeleaped freaking 2738 times back to 2010 just for killing Moeka. As Nae knew that Okabe is fated to die in 2025, she has to wait for 15 years for another chance to kill him, then repeats it all over again if killing them once isn’t satisfied for her. What kind of determination is that!? She has been reduced to a mere loli in the anime. It’s even worse than how the anime treats 4°C in Feiris arc.

- The tragical relationship between Suzuha, Yuugo, Nae and Moeka. WTH Yuugo shot Moeka in the anime. In the VN, Yuugo commits suicide ’cause he feels terribly sorry when he has known Suzu’s true identity. And he thinks that as he’s the one in charge, SERN won’t bother with his daugther and underlings like Moeka if he kills himself. He trades their lives with his own. Unbeknown to him, this made Nae into a monster and killed Moeka. Not only he couldn’t save Moeka from her inevitable death, he has pushed his daughter into a living hell of vengence for eternity. Sad.

- Moeka didn’t get her salvation. In the VN Okabe said he has forgiven her just before she passes away.

Verdict on this episode – rushed and no depth of character development.

Last edited:
Were you Okarin, which one will you save? Kurisu or Mayuri? Mayuri is like your imouto and Kurisu is your girlfriend.

See, Okarin? You can't even die yourself in order to change Mayuri's fate. You die in 2025, killed by Nae.

A nice touch on the subtle hints. When she said to tell her if she ever becomes a burden, that was a hint whether conscious or unconscious for Okarin that she would not blame him if he did not attempt to save her. That small sentence was very good for her character. She has never wanted to be a burden to Okarin and given her strong empathic nature, probably knows that Okarin’s hostage stuff was all for her in the first place.

The VAs have done an stellar job at portraying the characters and bringing out the emotions they would be feeling at this juncture. Several scenes (Mayuri getting hit, Kurisu grabbing Okabe’s hand, and the graveyard scene) brought goosebumps all over me.

Only 3 episodes left, with still a lot of material to cover (2 chapters). I hope and pray for the best!

I think the remaining eps will go through true ending route or if not, anime original new route,,

eps 21 already cover almost all story from chapter 9 VN,,

[-_-]

damn tearjearker episode

though tutturu ~ thing made my day but left with me tears.

i wonder what would mad scientist do?

oh.. ~ episode 22 ~

keeping my hopes up that its not a bittersweet ending..,

/me applauds tsundere kurisu and mad scientist okabe.
so sweet~

original anime ending? not sure myself since i didnt play, but i heard its been slow, with okabe now in the beta world line.

I was thinking that was the last ep of the show. Lul. Afterall he went back to the original beta line. :3 Good ending if it's finished. :3

I remember this part in the game where they played the ending credits (yeah same song as in the anime – Gate of Steiner) and at that time I felt trolled. It was like “That’s it? What about Kurisu!? You can’t be serious I must have gone through a bad end”. Then all of a sudden Suzuha calls out of nowhere (I almost forgot about her cause she was gone for 4-5 chapters in the game), brings in this working time machine like some kind of deus ex machina comeback…yeah good times…

Nothing to say except directed excellently. The voice acting this episode is also top notch especially the mad scientist moment after the shift to beta worldline.

Okabe doesn’t invent the phone microwave. Daru does. Okabe isn’t really a “scientist” in 2010. And SERN has their working time machine ’cause they got Kurisu. As the dystopia is inevitable in Alpha, and Kurisu is a critical component of this fated outcome, that’s why she MUST survive to build the time machine in this worldline.

No one would know or remember other worldlines in full content except Okabe. Worldlines are inconsistent with each others based on the outcome of a specified event that causes a severe divergence, like the 1st D-mail. Only can Okabe act accordingly with his experiences from other worldlines. This is the usefulness of Reading Steiner, but it has put a heavy burden onto him at the same time.

And Kurisu never become a leading figure of SERN. All we know of the future Kurisu is roughly based on Suzuha’s POV. Suzuha hates Kurisu just because she completed the time machine for SERN. And be reminded that Kurisu was already dead by the time of 2036. Indeed she was executed by SERN right after the project’s done(from official supplementary materials). Kurisu never wanted to be the Mother of Time Machine. Suzuha got the chance to learn of Kurisu’s true nature when she met her in 2010 and since felt more and more sympathetic for her. It’s a closed loop of tragedies in the Alpha Worldline.

This is how things went in the timeline of the short story “The Far Valhalla” of the Alpha Worldline. It might contain minor spoilers but I think it’s kinda safe as the anime has already shifted to the Beta Worldline.

1st D-mail intercepts by the Echelon(the “trigger” of all things) ->
Dystopian future comes true ->
Suzuha travels to 2010 from the absolute timeline of 0.000000% ->
The invention of the timeleap machine ->
Suzuha travels to 1975 and failed to retrieve the IBN5100 ->
Mayuri’s death ->
SERN captures the time machine and its three inventors (Okabe, Kurisu and Daru) ->
The death of Tennouji and Moeka ->
Okabe’s group being confined in SERN’s Europe HQ ->
Okabe plans the Operation Valhalla to escape from SERN ->
SERN learns the will of the world and that they will prevail by the fact which the group survives in an open fire. They release Okabe and Daru so they can fulfill their roles to complete the cycle ->
Kurisu gives in to fate and chooses to stay behind. But she still believes that Okabe will somehow make it through ->
Okabe and Daru return to Akihabara ->
Daru meets Amane Yuki in the Winter Comic Market that eventually gives birth to Suzuha ->
Okabe founds the resistance in the near future ->
SERN assasinates Okabe in 2025 ->
Kurisu completes the time machine for SERN in 2034 and is then executed ->
SERN establishes the dystopia using the time machine in 2036 ->
Daru finishes his own version of time machine with stolen data from SERN, but is then assasinated ->
Yuki is killed by Rounder ->
Suzuha travels to 2010 using the leagcy of her father thus completing the cycle

Suzuha: Oji-san
Okabe: Oji-san wa yamero.

You cant change the established past, but change the results resulting from it.
Okabe to deceive himself that Kurisu was stabbed, but she aint, she is well and alive, and the results after Okabe sending his first D-mail will change?

Logically, i feel that i got the idea, even being spoilt so long ago. But i cant put it in words properly. Kou, care to explain?

Eh, please give me the site of your group's most comprehensive review of the game next week. thanks

the established past

the established past = Kurisu's death in the eyes of the world.

Kurisu's death is established in the eyes of the world. But it is not true. Death is predetermined according to the attractor field theory (example: Mayuri's death in alpha line). You can't change the events but you can change the results of Kurisu's death. Hence, you have the "dupe/cheat the world, yourself, worldline, God" and prevent Kurisu from dieing while deceiving yourself. Why do you need to deceive yourself and world? Okarin had to fail once at saving Kurisu in order for a temporal paradox to not happen. Because Okarin failed once, Okabe 2025 (future Okarin) would work feverishly for 15 years to create a plan to avoid that ending (further improving time travel technology).

And then Okarin 2025 challenges you, the Psychotic Mad Scientist, to dupe the world, because the only thing the world had set in stone was that "Okabe Rintarou saw a Makise Kurisu laying in a pool of blood" and "Dr. Nakabachi's thesis was burned."

With the Reading Steiner, time in Steins;Gate actually flow in one line (more like Okarin's perspective).

Last edited:
Yes yes that!
Hmm, cant even put my thoughts in words, as expected of someone who actually played the game!

sugoi~

Tiny details are excluded, but this is the best they can do with only 2 episodes.

The main reason that Rintarou of 2025 didn’t send his video D-mail, a.k.a. movie mail, to Rintarou of July 28th and tell that version of himself to save Kurisu is because he wants to preserve the three weeks of hell he went through where he developed feelings for Kurisu. (Three weeks actual time, but he may have spent years repeating those three weeks for all we know.)

It was that experience that drove the current Rintarou of August 21st to spend the next 15 years of his life with Daru creating a time machine and perfecting the video D-mail to try and save Kurisu. He wants to cause a divergence towards Steins Gate after those three weeks and not before it. To accomplish that, he needs Rintarou of 8/21 to do it for him. He also needs to trick history.

The reason why the video D-mail from 2025 came after Suzuha from 2036 is because her arrival is a prerequisite to put the current Rintarou of 8/21 into a slightly modified version of the Beta timeline where he will send a movie mail back to himself. The reason why Suzuha didn’t go back in time until 2036 is because the time machine wasn’t completed until 11 years later. (Note: As Suzuha mentioned before, Rintarou was already dead by then, having been killed in 2025, leaving Daru to finish the time machine alone. Incidentally, 2025 is when World War 3 broke out in the Beta timeline.)

In this version of the Beta timeline, everything from the “world’s perspective” remains the same. Kurisu is still dead, except she’s killed by Rintarou. History is fooled because Suzuha has inserted a change that allows Rintarou to receive a movie mail, while adhering to the effects of the Attractor Field convergence — the phenomenon where certain events in a given timeline are fated. Rather than fighting hopelessly against fate, Rintarou of 2025′s plan is to first go along with it. In other words, whether Rintarou or Dr. Nakabachi kills Kurisu doesn’t change the fact that Rintarou and Daru will spend the next 15 years of their life creating a time machine and perfecting the video D-mail. A change definitely occurred though since Rintarou of 8/21 is now responsible for killing Kurisu, but it’s so subtle that there was no perceived divergence. It went practically undetected by the timeline. As soon as Rintarou of Suzuha returned to August 21st, 2010, they were already on a path to a slightly different future though. According to the game, the shift was from only from 1.130205 to 1.130209~1.130211. i.e. a 0.000004~0.000006 change.

The video mail sent to Rintarou on July 28th is only readable now because it is sent by the Rintarou of 8/21 that killed Kurisu. The original Rintarou of 7/28 (in episode one) received noise, because Rintarou of 2025 had to send one (even if it was blank) so that the current Rintarou of 8/21 will send one as well fifteen years from now when he becomes Rintarou of 2025. Remember, the subtle change on who killed Kurisu doesn’t change the current future. However, Rintarou can change the contents of that D-mail to himself like we saw here. The first Rintarou of 2025 who didn’t kill Kurisu left a future means to get a message back to Rintarou of 8/21 where he can keep trying to save Kurisu. This time, it’s over a span of 15 years and “our” Rintarou is receiving D-mails instead of sending them.

Now that Rintarou of 2025 is getting closer to tricking history, he tasks Rintarou of 8/21 with the last part of the plan, to save Kurisu without affecting anything afterward that leads to saving her. It sounds absurd but makes perfect sense if you think about it. If Rintarou of 2025 or Suzuha of 2036 just saved Kurisu themselves, they would’ve pre-empted the very three-week experience that caused Rintarou to try and save her in the first place. They would’ve gone to a whole new timeline and who knows what would go wrong there. The plan is to stay on the current timeline but save Kurisu. To do that, he needs to make sure that the current Rintarou of 8/21 saves Kurisu while fooling himself on 7/28 so that everything that’s happened up to this point remains exactly the same. The divergence to Steins Gate comes from destroying the research papers, but starts from August 21st onward when the time machine returns to that day. It’s not explicitly stated, but I presume that would be another 1+% divergence since World War 3 will have been prevented.

Reactions: nooobs
happy end! as i was already spoiled previously, this was just the matter of how it is getting the final end. with okabe's plan of using the 'red liquid' in his light saber backfiring, the obvious option is the blood of him, the 3rd person in the struggle. i must say opening up his wounds at that very spot was a brave brave thing to do. salute!

with that, story moves into the steins;gate world line, what will happen we have completely no clue. okabe meets kurisu on the streets of akihabara and she evidently remembers partially about his teases. hau~ good end is good!

If this dont go down as one of the best animu in history to date, i will quit animu. Definitely one of the top shows this year amongst others, its originality shines brightly along with its casts.

Throughtout this entire steins;gate experience, each week has been nothing short of absolute fun mixed with dark scenes and revelations. Stand-out VN adapted by White Fox, who has done an excellent job with this series. The dialouge, writing, and directing of the entire 2-cour series have been top class, with animation and plot qualities above your average standard by a far mile. Satisfying and pacifying both the VN players and animu-watchers without any knowledge of the game is never a done feat, I will hail White Fox as the first and best for time to come. Movie? Bring it on. I have 100% in these guys who have not disappointed anyone.

The seiyuus are done an excellent job too, with Miyano Mamoru most probably getting his BEST ever role in animu after Setsuna in 00 and Light in Death Note. It was such critical that Miyano-san could voice Okabe, or the impact of Okabe's mad ramblings would not have surfaced. Claps to others as well, especially Imai Asami, whose roles in either animu or VN i enjoyed very very much for her otome-ish voice and flustering moments. Her role with Kurisu will most likely push her up the ladder in her career.

Dialouges. Who would have watch without them? Okabe's constant facade about himself as "Hohounin Kyouma' while playing puns on Kurisu's name calling her Christina~ We have some of the quotes of the year too!

Okabe : Daru is like the universe, ever expanding.
Okabe : Hello, I am mad scientist – so coool! Sunovabitch.

With that, 10/10 perfect for Steins;Gate. Nothing was ever wrong in the whole series, I just kinda wanna shoot myself for spoiling myself earlier on in the series. Cheers for excellent show!

EL PSY CONGROO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Girikon, a prominent leader in the CRM industry, provides a comprehensive range of services such as Salesforce consulting, implementation, and support. As a renowned Salesforce Consulting Company, we deliver tailored solutions that meet the changing needs of businesses. Now get in touch for more information.
Glaymez wrote on Shine's profile.
Will you upload this game by any chance? That would be amazing

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01198627.html - 犯られたままじゃおわれないっ!!
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01197309.html

The draught seems to be over, and interesting games are coming out one after another.

Thanks a ton!
In the trenches desperate to play Shiro to Kuro no Alice
awsater wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Could you update RJ01114470 please? It's in 12 parts, but parts 7 and 9 are missing. There are no problems with the rest.