Soundcloud-BB code has a bug?

nanashi1

One of countless souls...
Elite Member
Jul 5, 2012
Well, how the title so says: I wonder me, if this BB code a bug has.

Because it should work that the URL of a Soundcloud side between the both [ soundcloud ] BB codes pasted will, or?

I did so made, but on the place is just a white blog to see... Did I maybe some error made?

A try there...
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/xio-3/cittan-feat-xio-remix[/soundcloud]

Last edited:
For me it works. I can play and hear the song, I see the the buttons and everything else.
cittan* feat. 結月そら - スターチス (XIO Remix) : 2.30 min

For me it works. I can play and hear the song, I see the the buttons and everything else.
cittan* feat. 結月そら - スターチス (XIO Remix) : 2.30 min

Lucky for you, but I see at me really just a white field/brick square...>_>

Does it work normally with the same browser on soundcloud? It could be plugin problem. Or an addon is blocking it.
You could try with an other browser.
Because it does not seem that you made an error.

Does it work normally with the same browser on soundcloud? It could be plugin problem. Or an addon is blocking it.
You could try with an other browser.
Because it does not seem that you made an error.

It's at all browsers: Chrome, IE, Firefox... And I've no blocker app/sofware on my PC...>_>

Do you have Flash Player installed? If not, you can get it here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you're not sure whether you have it, you can do the following:

1. Check your browser plugins. Make sure Adobe/Shockwave Flash Player is on the list and enabled. (Please note that these option names are taken from the English version of both browsers.)
    • In Firefox, you can do this by going to the Firefox menu → Add-ons → Plugins. Make sure Flash is set to "Always Activate".
    • In Chrome, go to Options → Under the Hood → Content Settings → Plug-ins → Disable individual plug-ins. Make sure Flash is enabled and the Plug-ins option is set to run automatically.
  2. Check your Flash installation directory.
    • If you use a 32-bit browser (more likely) on a 64-bit system, head over to [hl-gray]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed[/hl-gray]. Make sure the directory Flash is there and you have the latest version.
    • If you use a 32-bit browser on a 32-bit system, or a 64-bit browser (less likely unless you use alternate browser builds such as Pale Moon or Waterfox) on a 64-bit system, head over to [hl-gray]C:\Windows\System32\Macromed[/hl-gray].
You can check whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system (not browser) by opening the start menu → right-click on Computer → Properties. Scroll down until you see the "system type" part. Most computers nowadays have 64-bit systems, so it's probably safe to assume you have one as well.

If you use any of the following addons, make sure [hl-gray]*.anime-sharing.com[/hl-gray] and [hl-gray]*.soundcloud.com[/hl-gray] are whitelisted or added as exceptions:
  • Adblock Plus, Adblock Edge
  • Flashblock
  • Flash Control
  • Ghostery
  • NoScript
  • QuickJS
  • RequestPolicy
  • Script Defender
  • Any other similar addons tampering with plugins, external resources, JavaScript, etc.
Alternatively, your anti-virus or other security tools―or perhaps even your very browsers―may have disabled Flash for security reasons. If this happens, please try adding Flash to your anti-virus' exclusions list. The path is usually something like [hl-gray]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_version_number.exe[/hl-gray] and [hl-gray]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe[/hl-gray].

Last edited:
Reactions: nanashi1
Do you have Flash Player installed?

Yeah, I've it - Did' at Jan. 13rd/14th (Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX/NPAPI - ver. 16.0.0.257) the latest update of they get...

And my PC runs still on 32-bit system.

And how already mentioned: I've no Adblock installed. - Plus my Antivirus (ESET NOD32) is since more that a year inactive...

Last edited:
One thing I can confirm is that the problem seems to be on your end as the embed works for me and Fleey above. Let's go back to troubleshooting the problem. We'll go with the presumption that you have Flash Player installed, but whether your browser can properly utilise that still needs to be ascertained.

1. Can you access soundcloud.com itself? Can you access and play the Soundcloud link you embedded manually in your browser?
  2. You used an SSL (secure) Soundcloud link for the embed. If you use a non-SSL link (http://soundcloud.com/xio-3/cittan-feat-xio-remix) instead of the SSL link (https://soundcloud.com/xio-3/cittan-feat-xio-remix), does the embed work for you?
  3. Open a new tab in your browser, type [hl-black]about:plugins[/hl-black] in the address bar, and press enter. Do you see Flash listed?
  4. Do you use Nico Nico Douga (nicovideo.jp)? Does it work for you? (YouTube is inconsequential here because it can switch to using HTML5 player if it fails to detect the presence of Flash on your system.)
  5. Try pinging soundcloud.com. Open Start Menu, type [hl-black]cmd[/hl-black], and press enter. When the black window appears, type [hl-black]ping soundcloud.com -a -4[/hl-black]. Does it say something like Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss) or whatever the equivalent in your language is?
  6. Use an alternate DNS server instead of the one provided by your ISP. Some of the popular 3rd-party DNS service providers are OpenDNS, ComodoDNS, and Google DNS.
  7. Check your hosts file. Open Notepad, go to File → Open, and paste [hl-black]C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts[/hl-black] in the File Name field. Press enter. Do you see anything in the file you just opened that looks like any of the following? (Please don't show the entire contents for your privacy.)
    • soundcloud.com or any body of text with "soundcloud" in it
    • 72.21.91.127 or any numbers starting with "72.21"
    • edgecast.com or any body of text with "edgecast" in it
Please let us know if any of the steps above solved your problem, and if yes, which one(s) did.

As an appendix, here are some screenshots depicting the different situations in which the embed doesn't work.

Normal. Embed works and is playable.
public.php
Your browser fails to detect the presence of Flash on your system. This could simply mean you don't have Flash installed, but an equally likely conclusion is a botched-up installation. This usually does not indicate Flash being present (i.e. installed) but simply disabled in your browser.
public.php
Flash is present and enabled in your browser. Your browser loads Soundcloud fine and can call external resources (i.e. calling soundcloud.com from anime-sharing.com). However, a third-party tool―in this case NoScript―prevents the embed from loading properly.
public.php
The last one seems to be what's happening to you. The post appears to have no embed at all; the space the embed is supposed to occupy is blank and nothing whatsoever indicating anything wrong is shown. There are two primary causes for this; Flash being installed but disabled in (or unable to be read by) your browser, or you can't access Soundcloud for some reason. The latter could be a simple network problem, but could also be a result of interference caused by tools blocking external resource calling (e.g. the RequestPolicy addon).
public.php

One thing I can confirm is that the problem seems to be on your end as the embed works for me and Fleey above. Let's go back to troubleshooting the problem. We'll go with the presumption that you have Flash Player installed, but whether your browser can properly utilise that still needs to be ascertained.

1. Can you access soundcloud.com itself? Can you access and play the Soundcloud link you embedded manually in your browser?
  2. You used an SSL (secure) Soundcloud link for the embed. If you use a non-SSL link (http://soundcloud.com/xio-3/cittan-feat-xio-remix) instead of the SSL link (https://soundcloud.com/xio-3/cittan-feat-xio-remix), does the embed work for you?
  3. Open a new tab in your browser, type [hl-black]about:plugins[/hl-black] in the address bar, and press enter. Do you see Flash listed?
  4. Do you use Nico Nico Douga (nicovideo.jp)? Does it work for you? (YouTube is inconsequential here because it can switch to using HTML5 player if it fails to detect the presence of Flash on your system.)
  5. Try pinging soundcloud.com. Open Start Menu, type [hl-black]cmd[/hl-black], and press enter. When the black window appears, type [hl-black]ping soundcloud.com -a -4[/hl-black]. Does it say something like Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss) or whatever the equivalent in your language is?
  6. Use an alternate DNS server instead of the one provided by your ISP. Some of the popular 3rd-party DNS service providers are OpenDNS, ComodoDNS, and Google DNS.
  7. Check your hosts file. Open Notepad, go to File → Open, and paste [hl-black]C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts[/hl-black] in the File Name field. Press enter. Do you see anything in the file you just opened that looks like any of the following? (Please don't show the entire contents for your privacy.)
    • soundcloud.com or any body of text with "soundcloud" in it
    • 72.21.91.127 or any numbers starting with "72.21"
    • edgecast.com or any body of text with "edgecast" in it
Please let us know if any of the steps above solved your problem, and if yes, which one(s) did.

As an appendix, here are some screenshots depicting the different situations in which the embed doesn't work.

Normal. Embed works and is playable.
public.php
Your browser fails to detect the presence of Flash on your system. This could simply mean you don't have Flash installed, but an equally likely conclusion is a botched-up installation. This usually does not indicate Flash being present (i.e. installed) but simply disabled in your browser.
public.php
Flash is present and enabled in your browser. Your browser loads Soundcloud fine and can call external resources (i.e. calling soundcloud.com from anime-sharing.com). However, a third-party tool―in this case NoScript―prevents the embed from loading properly.
public.php
The last one seems to be what's happening to you. The post appears to have no embed at all; the space the embed is supposed to occupy is blank and nothing whatsoever indicating anything wrong is shown. There are two primary causes for this; Flash being installed but disabled in (or unable to be read by) your browser, or you can't access Soundcloud for some reason. The latter could be a simple network problem, but could also be a result of interference caused by tools blocking external resource calling (e.g. the RequestPolicy addon).
public.php

Well, if I a soundcloud website visit: I can see the player-setting (buttons and etc.) and can the music play, but at a soundcloud BBcode-pasting (The URL of there copy and then paste) in ASF then doesn't work (But at checking before few min. ago is this problem just at Chrome so - at IE not)... - And at your latest/last spoiler tag: is the appearance what I at my Chrome have.

Try pinging soundcloud.com. Open Start Menu, type cmd, and press enter. When the black window appears, type ping soundcloud.com -a -4. Does it say something like Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss) or whatever the equivalent in your language is?

Yeah, it says it...

Edit: I can also videos (I usual streaming anime-videos - e.g. at: animefushigi.com) play/watch.

Edit2: And if it interesting is - I had my old Chrome few weeks before uninstall, because at some reason couldn't Chrome itself (Well, automatically uninstall and then re-install) - I had then manual uninstall what then the newest Chrome(-update) re-install... Maybe problem there...?

Last edited:
You could follow the steps described here. Basically it is for youtube problems, but should generally be applicable. It is also interesting to try to log in with the incognito mode of the browser to see if the embedded player works.

Edit2: And if it interesting is - I had my old Chrome few weeks before uninstall, because at some reason couldn't Chrome itself (Well, automatically uninstall and then re-install) - I had then manual uninstall what then the newest Chrome(-update) re-install... Maybe problem there...?
This could be the culprit. By "manual uninstall", did you mean you manually deleted Chrome's files instead of running the uninstaller? Because that's a bad idea―chances are there are remnants left that may or may not mess up the current installation's configuration.

It could be just your current Chrome user profile that's broken, so let's try creating a new one. You can follow these instructions.

If that doesn't work, please try reinstalling Chrome again. Make sure you uninstall it completely this time. You can use tools such as Xmarks or Chrome's own Sync feature to backup your bookmarks and other user data before you wipe out your entire Chrome installation.

When you're satisfied with your backup, run the uninstaller. After the process is done, go to your Chrome user data directory. Open Start Menu and type [hl-black]%LOCALAPPDATA%/Google[/hl-black] then delete the Chrome folder in that directory. You can also use tools such as CCleaner to clean up the leftover files.

Make sure that to the best of your knowledge you have no more Chrome-related remnant files, then install Chrome new and fresh. Try again after that and we'll see if that solves it.

This could be the culprit. By "manual uninstall", did you mean you manually deleted Chrome's files instead of running the uninstaller? Because that's a bad idea―chances are there are remnants left that may or may not mess up the current installation's configuration.

It could be just your current Chrome user profile that's broken, so let's try creating a new one. You can follow these instructions.

If that doesn't work, please try reinstalling Chrome again. Make sure you uninstall it completely this time. You can use tools such as Xmarks or Chrome's own Sync feature to backup your bookmarks and other user data before you wipe out your entire Chrome installation.

When you're satisfied with your backup, run the uninstaller. After the process is done, go to your Chrome user data directory. Open Start Menu and type [hl-black]%LOCALAPPDATA%/Google[/hl-black] then delete the Chrome folder in that directory. You can also use tools such as CCleaner to clean up the leftover files.

Make sure that to the best of your knowledge you have no more Chrome-related remnant files, then install Chrome new and fresh. Try again after that and we'll see if that solves it.

Hmm... I did via uninstaller uninstalled (How already mentioned: Until to last update of Chrome this year, at Jan. has Chrome itself deleted and then re-installed at a update, but at the latest update dunno why, didn't Chrome itself deleted and re-installed.) - But so that my bookmarks/internet addresses stay.

And my profile is OK - I can access to my profile, there is no problem.

But I'll your advice what you me given have try...

Edit: But if I me now better remember... I had this problem at Soundcloud before the update already - not after. Sorry for the trouble...>_>

Edit2:
You could follow the steps described here. Basically it is for youtube problems, but should generally be applicable. It is also interesting to try to log in with the incognito mode of the browser to see if the embedded player works.

Also this did' mentioned: I can YouTube, Dailymotion and other video formats see/watch - With they I've no problem, but only with Soundcloud.

Last edited:
Sorry, but without you trying some of the steps I suggested like doing a total, fresh reinstall of Chrome, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone who uses Chrome as her primary browser can chime in with more suggestions.

My final guess is that it's a Flash problem. The services you mentioned, YouTube and Dailymotion, support playing videos with HTML5. I'm not exactly sure what the insides of the Soundcloud widget look like, but as far as I know, Soundcloud itself does support HTML5. What I'm saying is that, Flash or no Flash, you can play videos and sounds just fine if you go to the homepage of YouTube, Dailymotion, and even Soundcloud itself. However, the embed widget may require Flash, which could be why embeds don't work properly while the homepage itself works fine.

You may have Flash properly installed, but this doesn't guarantee that your browser can utilise it. There could be something blocking your browser from using Flash properly. If for some reason your Chrome updated and/or deleted and/or reinstalled itself, I'd say it was a likely chance to have caused Flash to be unable to be used properly. Or maybe it was just a symptom. It may be a good call to wipe out your current Chrome installation, reinstall fresh, and do a malware check on your system.

The one thing we can confirm is that the problem is on your end and not caused by a bug in the embed. Therefore, I'm moving the thread away from Site Support and to Tech Support & Talk.

You may have Flash properly installed, but this doesn't guarantee that your browser can utilise it. There could be something blocking your browser from using Flash properly. If for some reason your Chrome updated and/or deleted and/or reinstalled itself[/B], I'd say it was a likely chance to have caused Flash to be unable to be used properly. Or maybe it was just a symptom. It may be a good call to wipe out your current Chrome installation, reinstall fresh, and do a malware check on your system.

The one thing we can confirm is that the problem is on your end and not caused by a bug in the embed. Therefore, I'm moving the thread away from Site Support and to Tech Support & Talk.

Did' tried your suggestions few hours before, but I'm nevertheless on the same state...

And, because at that time after less days new-year-change I got from Chrome the message: That Chrome can't itself/automatically with the update start, where then me required has to manual update (Delete/Re-install) starting - But somewhere in this section is a thread about this from me as well - Where then see you...

BTW I thank you for your effort in this last 2 days, I value it highly..^_^!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

fwmdbg wrote on Esan's profile.
I will request
Title / タイトル: 戦国†恋姫EX参 ~毛利家の絆編~
Brand / ブランド: BaseSon
Release / 販売日: 2023.07.28
hehehezozo wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello, Dear Nihonjaki90, can you please reupload mexashare and katfile of 奴隷肉便器リコ ?! Many Thanks
testjp wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Please reupload RJ01151156. I'm sorry. The URL of the link is too long to comment.
plaenco wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u please update these games?
[200601][アトリエちょいす] プリンセスシナジー先行版ver24.04
✨Shine✨[NoFuture] 祓魔少女シャルロットⅡ ~穢れの刻印~