Share a Random Fact about yourself~

Nishishishi~ So what other fighters do you play? o.O

*I believe that USB3.0 is a myth, because I'm getting slow transfer speeds.* :goodtea:

I play all sorts really, Arcana Hearts 3, Tekken Series, dragonball z (cause it's awesome), street fighter, naruto, marvel vs capcom and many more that i can't remember, but my final year is screwing with me eating up all my free time, well at this point i'm probably imagining free time...simply doesn't exist!

*I applied for a job that may place me anywhere in the world, looking forward to it, fingers crossed what are the chances it's Japan? :P *

I love supercell so much. All of their work has been so wonderful and they get even better with each release. <3

The difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is that the former has high transfer speeds when sending one file at a time, but will also have a cap, where as the latter is known to have amazing transfer speeds when you're sending large amounts of files in one go and isn't capped but is dependant on the read/write speed of the hardware you are using, that is if it supports 3.0 and should always have much faster transfer speeds than 2.0.

I'm transferring 200+GB of anime at a time to my 3.0 External HDD which means I should be getting at least 2x the transfer speed compared to 2.0 since as I've said, transferring multiple files with a 3.0 USB hub should net you faster speeds, and on average it should be 10x faster.

Transfer speed to USB 2.0 HDD for me = 30MB/second.
Transfer speed to USB 3.0 HDD = 40MB/second.

I'm getting barely 1.3x the transfer speed of a 2.0 port which disappoints me. D:

Putting that aside: So I'm guessing you know about Chrono Phantasma then. =]
Knowing combos with Lambda doesn't really matter, but it does make up a large portion of her damage. The key with Lambda is knowing how to zone your opponent out. To do so, you must be able to master positioning and her normals/zoning tools.

I'll continue to be using Jin as my main hoping for CP to come out at least by 2014.

I love sushi!

That's quite a range there Kaizer. Chances are if you include where you'd like to go the most they'll send you to Japan. Otherwise, just say you're an immigrant from Japan and have them port you there. :D

You're running a SATA controller and mechanical storage device over USB, silly. Of course it's going to be slow. :P

B-but my cousin gets 80MB/second speeds D:

Since I'm not exactly sure how this works. Could you explain it to me? :bigeyes:

*Anthony by day. Chop Sum Bong by night!*

That's quite a range there Kaizer. Chances are if you include where you'd like to go the most they'll send you to Japan. Otherwise, just say you're an immigrant from Japan and have them port you there. :D

If I ever get the opportunity trust me I shall! I know I've got quite the range, if any of you are on PS3 feel free to look me up for a match. Also If i could blag i'm a true niponjii immigrant, i reckon my british passport may be a bit of a give away lol

As for your setup up, what you've got should work, but as it is a mechanical drive they tend to die out after a while, what is the write speed of your hdd 1500, 3200, 7200rpm? cache? 32 or 60mb etc. If you've got the top specs you should be looking at around 70ish - 90mb. That's what I get with my schtuff

B-but my cousin gets 80MB/second speeds D:

Since I'm not exactly sure how this works. Could you explain it to me? :bigeyes:

*Anthony by day. Chop Sum Bong by night!*

There are quite a few factors which affect transfer speed across external storage. Two of the biggest would be the type of drive you are using (HDD vs. SSD) and the performance of the SATA controller it is connected to (inside the enclosure). Most external drives don't really have particularly good controllers and while this wasn't really noticeable with USB 2.0 (or prior), it impacts USB 3.0 drives quite severely. I have a 120GB SSD capable of providing about 500MB/s continuous bandwidth in a USB 3.0 enclosure, but while run in said enclosure, it is limited to just under 90MB/s.

Whether your external USB 3.0 drive is able to provide its full performance is really a matter of luck, unfortunately.

If I ever get the opportunity trust me I shall! I know I've got quite the range, if any of you are on PS3 feel free to look me up for a match. Also If i could blag i'm a true niponjii immigrant, i reckon my british passport may be a bit of a give away lol

As for your setup up, what you've got should work, but as it is a mechanical drive they tend to die out after a while, what is the write speed of your hdd 1500, 3200, 7200rpm? cache? 32 or 60mb etc. If you've got the top specs you should be looking at around 70ish - 90mb. That's what I get with my schtuff

Didn't know you were British. I'm expecting okay connection speed if we play each other. :3
What's your PSN ID? Otherwise, just add mine which is the same as my username here, AhGwee.
As for the HDD specs, it runs at 7200 RPM and has a cache of 32mb.

There are quite a few factors which affect transfer speed across external storage. Two of the biggest would be the type of drive you are using (HDD vs. SSD) and the performance of the SATA controller it is connected to (inside the enclosure). Most external drives don't really have particularly good controllers and while this wasn't really noticeable with USB 2.0 (or prior), it impacts USB 3.0 drives quite severely. I have a 120GB SSD capable of providing about 500MB/s continuous bandwidth in a USB 3.0 enclosure, but while run in said enclosure, it is limited to just under 90MB/s.

Whether your external USB 3.0 drive is able to provide its full performance is really a matter of luck, unfortunately.

Ahh. Didn't know luck was actually a factor in this xD. I guess the drive I'm using (HDD vs. SSD) does explain it. Guess this is the max speed I can get after all.

Thanks for your help guys/girls! ^w^

:runhappy:

I can go on for less than a day at most without food.

I love using Jin as well. It's easy winning perfect with his freezes ;p The only thing I hope for is that there won't be so much DLCs and versions of the game, or I'll have to wait for final version for True End even if the normal Chrono Phantasma goes out...
My PSN name is the same as here as well, but my fighting games are all on my Xbox360 ;p
I can easily not eat for 2 days and not being bothered by it...

*I believe that USB3.0 is a myth, because I'm getting slow transfer speeds.* :goodtea:

yeah me too, even though I have usb 3.0 the speed is not as fast as they said, it just like usb 2.0 but a little faster, yeah really a little :sigh:

yeah me too, even though I have usb 3.0 the speed is not as fast as they said, it just like usb 2.0 but a little faster, yeah really a little :sigh:

We're comrades in arms for quite a few things. xD

I have a habit of trying to shape my hair.

I suppose that's a fact. :goodtea:

the fact is, I don't have much facts to tell.

Haha. I see. I haven't used my comb in a while. I also shape my hair as soon as possible after wearing a hat for a long duration or after I wake up after sleeping.

I don't have any particular favourite game. Otherwise, it would have to be Pokemon.

Have I already said that my favourite game is Kingdom Hearts?? Anyway, I love it so much just 2 or 3 times saying that isn't enough ;p

After watching Prince of Tennis, it inspired me to get better at tennis. Though it did, I failed in the fact that I was trying to do the impossible, like the twist serve. :goodtea:

I still don't remember the names of my classmates after 2 and a half years... Although I don't even try to...

If I ever forget a person's name, I will most likely remember the next time I see them. Scumbag brain. :goodtea:

Well, I can tell that that someone is from my class if I see him, so I guess I am the same as you... And I also can tell that the owner of that name is from my class, but if you tell me to point at him, I won't be able to... The memory of names and faces just don't connect... But whatever, who the hell cares about some classmates ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

A-9000 wrote on Shine's profile.
Legend says this one was available in 2023 before it's demise...thanks in advance!

🌟Shine🌟[230713][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ (Ver1.2) [RJ01044906]
redbeamff wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.fanbox.cc/@nakkemos/posts/8045723

pls upload new NAKK videos :D
tim30069 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/145073022
hello, do you have this drama cd ,thank you!
AsterN20 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Can you reupload [Magi White] エグザミネイター?
nobis_c wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi, if you would reup the mexashare links for this one, that'd be great. Thanks
未亡人沙苗