[Utility] SB3Utility (GUI + Script) Releases and Support Discussion

Re: SB3Utility (GUI + Script)

It wasn't broken as I wrote. If anything was broken - and I cant judge because you didn't tell me the version you used - then it might have been the incorrect file headers.

Your link is broken, can't access your post. For SB3 version I used 1.2.7.

The one you mentioned "It wasn't broken as I wrote" This link.

I just read your "url tag" link (your post). I missed this post of yours. Thanks, I will try again using 1.2.9.

This part I don't really understand. What exactly should I do?
Attempt №2 with screenshot:
View attachment 12653

When you opened a file in Sb3UGS you see its contents separated in several tabs on the left side, below the name of the file. One of these tabs is Animator - provided that the file contains any! mat_cha* files dont!

In the Animator tab and also into the Material and Img tabs you can open an editor for handling that content with a double click. The empty space in the middle of Sb3UGS should show a regular Animator editor or a Material & Texture Animator.

Sorry, but the attachment isn't visible to me.
  1. Manage Attachments
  2. "Add Files"
  3. "Upload Files"
  4. Select the position in your post where you want to place the thumbnail of your image
  5. "Insert Inline"
ShowingSomethingInTheRenderer.jpg, ShowingSomethingInTheRenderer02.jpg
File format? I always use jpg for tutorials.

SB3UGS_v1.2.10

• Fixed missing external assets in AssetBundle's Preload table, but it doesn't allow external materials still.
  • Changed order of external assets in AssetBundle's Preload table to Unity5 style
  • Changed creation of Virtual Animators. GetAssetNames() removes virtual animators of Animator assets.

Download:
megafileupload, sendspace
SHA256: A8C625A95BFDB6ADF86225C9E0446BC7CB4281D29ABF290D647260DE23C55E3D

Sources:

Last edited:

So, I think I have done everything right from the begining, I guess. But renderer is empty.
1.png

So, I think I have done everything right from the begining, I guess. But renderer is empty.
View attachment 12670

Yepp, correctly done, but pp files of the old Illusion engine are not adapted to the DirectX11 renderer. You would have to use v1.0.54epsilon until the renderer part for xx units can use DX11. The feature is on my todo list, but still not ready.

Yepp, correctly done, but pp files of the old Illusion engine are not adapted to the DirectX11 renderer. You would have to use v1.0.54epsilon until the renderer part for xx units can use DX11. The feature is on my todo list, but still not ready.
It works! Thank you very much for great program, answers and your tutorials.

Just in case...
I highly recommend to export the animation and use a professional 3d editor, import and replace the animation. The keyframe editor in Sb3UGS is very basic.

In Sb3UGS you edit only one keyframe of one track at a time. Select a track, then move the time slider to an existing keyframe or create one at the selected time. This selection will enable the SRT control.

Export function in editors works without problem now, but export DXT, ARGB32 and RGB24 texture in Assets -> Export will swap red and blue channel.
I know what's wrong, Assets -> Export will flip the texture.

Last edited:

Just in case...
I highly recommend to export the animation and use a professional 3d editor, import and replace the animation. The keyframe editor in Sb3UGS is very basic.
What editor would you recommend?

Maya in the first place as I use it myself (Maya 2016 SP5) and have checked all import and export functions in Sb3UGS during development against it. 3ds Max second, although I dont have it, but several modders use it and I haven't got any complains. Blender, as it is free, but its FBX support is relatively new. You will have to check and try the import and export options very carefully. Use nothing older than version 2.76b. I currently haven't checked the latest version, but if you want to use it and encounter problems then let me know and I will find out either the problem or the correct options.

Export function in editors works without problem now, but export DXT, ARGB32 and RGB24 texture in Assets -> Export will swap red and blue channel.
I know what's wrong, Assets -> Export will flip the texture.

In all places except for the Texture editor DDS textures are flipped and loose quality. The only place where you can export with original quality is in the Texture editor and without "FlipY" option. Of course, the textures have to be flipped externally. I cant help that, internal flipping in Sb3UGS reduces quality.

I tested the mentioned formats and couldn't find any swapped channels. Was it a confusion on your side or do you still encounter wrong colours?

So, I've got this mesh that I want to get into the game that currently has 55k vertices.

SB3UGS tells me my mesh exceeds 65k vertices, and won't get it in properly

Currently confused as to what SB3UGS considers to be a vertex

In all places except for the Texture editor DDS textures are flipped and loose quality. The only place where you can export with original quality is in the Texture editor and without "FlipY" option. Of course, the textures have to be flipped externally. I cant help that, internal flipping in Sb3UGS reduces quality.

I tested the mentioned formats and couldn't find any swapped channels. Was it a confusion on your side or do you still encounter wrong colours?

That's strange, opened with Nvidia dds plugin, the color's swapped, but XnView shows the right color. Probably the Nvidia dds plugin is to blame.

So, I've got this mesh that I want to get into the game that currently has 55k vertices.

SB3UGS tells me my mesh exceeds 65k vertices, and won't get it in properly

Currently confused as to what SB3UGS considers to be a vertex
In the game - and therefore in Sb3UGS - a vertex has only one UV coordinate pair. If an imported mesh has more UVs per vertex then Sb3UGS takes those apart and converts them for fullfilling that rule. This could have led to more than 64k vertices. Sb3UGS allows this in the mesh but for the game it is invalid. But this state in Sb3UGS allows to replace a smoothed skinned mesh and replace that again with a lower poly variant having vertices not exactly at the same positions. Before saving the mesh has to be made valid by you.

That's strange, opened with Nvidia dds plugin, the color's swapped, but XnView shows the right color. Probably the Nvidia dds plugin is to blame.
I am using Gimp's plugin as reference, and IrfanView for alpha-less texture preview. And so far I think they are correct.

SB3UGS_v1.2.12

Supports older Illusion games as wished by Sinbad and probably others too, including preview of meshes, morphs and animations. This update should make v1.0.54epsilon obsolete, because I dont think that anyone is still modding old games from TeaTime/FullTime or Real/Interheart.
OldEngineInDX11.jpg

Download:
sendspace, megafileupload
SHA256: 511EBF20B632ED05CA1E82AF5D8B54AACE2104BB8BCD190B0564BE5469F121F3

Sources:

Known issues:
  • AssetBundleManifest editor doesn't allow to edit abdata\abdata because of more than three dependencies - status fixed, but not released yet

Last edited:

Hi there...

i have two question, where i can get a free Mesh program that show explame a body in SB3Utility view and how can i get a UV map of body etc ?

PS hope its ok i ask that in this thread.

We currently have no general 3d modelling thread in the club area like in HF. The subforum Modding Discussions would be a good place for creating such a thread.

I can recommend two free 3d editors which work fine with Sb3UGS: Blender and Metasequoia. The latter has fallen a bit out of fashion, but it is the easiest 3d editor I know. Blender takes some time to learn and much more than is required for Metasequoia but it allows to edit skinned meshes and animations. Both topics cant be edited with the free version of Metasequoia.

Metasequoia also allows to directly paint in 3d on the textures. If you would use this feature then you dont need a UV map. Most likely Blender has such a function as well.

Last edited:

SB3UGS_v1.2.13
  • Changed AssetBundleManifest editor to support a variable number of dependencies
  • Fixed crash when showing p_cf_hair_33_back in cf_hair_b_00.unity3d
When you select an invalid bone of a mesh with a mismatch in the bone definitions of Mesh and SkinnedMeshRenderer you will get a warning in the Log window. You can see this mismatch in the Attributes dialog in the Mesh editor.

The fix for such a mismatch is to reselect the Mesh asset which is already set to the SkinnedMeshRenderer.

Download:
SHA256: 6DD3E90574DF4405EFA9541AE12D3C464FAC52A0EB3C1571510D80EE212BA8FD

Sources:

Edit:
Known issues:
  • removing lines in AssetBundleManifest doesn't remove all selected lines. As a workaround: Apply, Revert, delete the lines again.
Backups of files with AssetBundleManifest assets must be moved out of the abdata folder or be deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney

There is a bug which causes SB3UGS to be unable to view and properly extract the _s specular maps in Honey Select cf_m_eye_00.unity3d

Direct3D11 Exception name="Unknown" desc="n/a" code=0x88982F60
Unknown: n/a (-2003292320)

Just checked and this bug occurs in all versions after SB3UGS 1.0.54e when you transitioned from DX9 to DX11.

Update: While it seems that while 1.2.13 can't preview it, it actually can be extracted, but only as TGA. If you attempt to extract as BMP, the output is corrupt with all channels empty.

Last edited:

Thanks for your report. That is a problem with RGBA32 format.
Some textures are DXT1 others are RGBA32. So may be you can replace the RGBA32 ones with DXT1 while I fix it.

Known issue with the AssetBundleManifest editor is fixed, but not released yet.

SB3UGS v1.2.14

• Fixed deleting of lines in AssetBundleManifest editor
  • Fixed error in file's Texture preview for RGB24 with mipmaps in Unity4 files
  • Fixed invalid BMP exports for RGBA32 format, added support for importing BMP in RGBA32 format
  • Changed filename ending ignored for TGA
  • Added pixelformat to all Animator's Texture list
Download:
SHA256: BC808713D057C62AFA98DD519D3C82DA361659C58E19BE5711433D24CF13DB83

Sources:

Last edited:

Since it seems SB3UGS 1.2.x is now getting more stable with all the recent bug fixes, here is a LargeAddressAware build to help delay out-of-memory errors:
SB3UGS v1.2.14 LargeAddressAware

For anyone who has never seen SB3UGS report an out-of-memory error or unknown exception, just continue using the standard build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
[141010][ジャクシークリエイト] ドラマラクエスト (Ver 2.12) [RJ142825]
Please re-upload
Mr Gandhi wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Ero Mahou Gakuen!(もっと!孕ませ!炎のおっぱい異世界エロ魔法学園!)

[2019][Waffle] Hentai Elf Shimai to Majime Orc(変態エルフ姉妹と真面目オーク) [Save + uncensored]

The link is broken. Please repair
fishnets1901 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you please reupload Rj01133991 ?
Glaymez wrote on Shine's profile.
Will you upload this game by any chance? That would be amazing

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01198627.html - 犯られたままじゃおわれないっ!!
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01197309.html

The draught seems to be over, and interesting games are coming out one after another.

Thanks a ton!