Question [&Request] I want to display large thumbnails.

ypn

Oct 26, 2018
The new UI is about as cool as it gets.
The images displayed in the list are cropped vertically and are slightly difficult to see. (Well, you can see the whole image if you move the cursor over it.)
Is there any way to crop the images in the list to a larger size?
1692618146378.png

Solution
Thanks for your feedback. Your points on the image cropping in the new UI are well noted. Let me provide some insight into this issue.

The challenge we face is accommodating both horizontal and vertical box art in the same user interface. For instance, horizontal book covers are not very common because there is a widely accepted standard that favors a vertical design. It's the same scenario we find ourselves dealing with.

We've chosen to conform to a standard vertical dimension to ensure optimal display for most pieces of box art. It's an approach borne out of necessity since accommodating the diversity of art dimensions would make tailoring the user interface quite complex.

Unfortunately, it's an unavoidable trade-off, which means...
Thanks for your feedback. Your points on the image cropping in the new UI are well noted. Let me provide some insight into this issue.

The challenge we face is accommodating both horizontal and vertical box art in the same user interface. For instance, horizontal book covers are not very common because there is a widely accepted standard that favors a vertical design. It's the same scenario we find ourselves dealing with.

We've chosen to conform to a standard vertical dimension to ensure optimal display for most pieces of box art. It's an approach borne out of necessity since accommodating the diversity of art dimensions would make tailoring the user interface quite complex.

Unfortunately, it's an unavoidable trade-off, which means there will be instances where some box art may not fit perfectly. Rest assured, though, that we're actively exploring potential solutions that could help mitigate this issue in future iterations.

Thank you for your understanding and for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reactions: ypn
Upvote 0
Solution

Unfortunately, it's an unavoidable trade-off, which means there will be instances where some box art may not fit perfectly. Rest assured, though, that we're actively exploring potential solutions that could help mitigate this issue in future iterations.

Thank you for your understanding and for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Thanks for the reply.
It helped me understand the thinking on the development side. It is not difficult for me to understand the difficulties being considered as I am in a similar position. I will continue to support you.

Upvote 0
This is to update your question:

An image server has been deployed and it will automatically crop the "most interesting" part of the cover.

Reactions: ypn
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25