Answered Posting in threads with files not available for free users (FF size limit change)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z008MJ

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi.

I tried to read among the rules but found nothing about this.

Ever since Filefactory switched to a 500 Mb limit, most files are unable to be downloaded by free users, ana i only use filefactory here. Now, i'm obviously not saying you need to fix all of it, but what i am wondering is whether i can post in those threads where there is something i want replaced, even if only to tell you those threads are on someone's waiting list rather than having a hundred other animes no one currently has asked about in a while being replaced first.

Or would that bother you? Would you see that spamming, even though i probably limit it to one or two at a time at most? Or can i only point out broken links?

Thanks in advance! I hope i wasn't rude in any way.

You can point it out and I'll get to it when I find free time - though it won't be high on my priority list. Adding new content and fixing broken stuff takes prevalence.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answer.

I was wondering since some things have already been split up into smaller parts, but maybe those are new uploads that didn't exist before.

Anyway, if i may ask again so i know, do you intend to split files into smaller uploads sometimes in the future or will there be an alternative option?

Or should i maybe put requests for re-uploads of existing series in the request forum, instead of the current thread in question?

Upvote 0
Unless someone asks for it, I won't split up old threads - I don't even know which ones need to be split and which ones are small enough. With over a thousand threads, that does become a problem.

And yes, new files are split to be below 500MB.

Upvote 0
I see. Though you did not answer the last question, so i will go with posting in existing threads for simplicity until told otherwise.

I clearly see your point though, on-going series are on-going for a reason; they are regularly updated.

If i may ask another thing so i don't have to make a new thread for it (unless you want people to primarly make new ones), then i have been wondering how i tell a broken file. I have tried getting files from a thread, but when i press "download", the page stops working and crashes. None of the files work and they are below 500 Mb, but any file from any other thread works fine. Are they broken, or is filefactory just unstable at times? Should i just wait?

Upvote 0
Usually FileFactory gives you an error about the files (temporarily unavailable, lost due to server error, removed due to DMCA, expired) - I've never had them crashing my browser or a download hanging, so I can't really give you any advice beyond updating your browser plugins and trying to contact their support staff.

Oh, and asking in the thread is preferred since it generates less clutter.

Upvote 0
Usually FileFactory gives you an error about the files (temporarily unavailable, lost due to server error, removed due to DMCA, expired) - I've never had them crashing my browser or a download hanging, so I can't really give you any advice beyond updating your browser plugins and trying to contact their support staff.

Oh, and asking in the thread is preferred since it generates less clutter.

I see. I can limit my requests too, so as to only ask for split up parts of things there are no alternatives for (so if i can't get the 1080p, but a working 720p exists, i'll go with that).

Also, i see files that are unavailable for the reasons you mentioned above here and there, should i post in their thread to let you know?

Upvote 0
If it's a temporary problem - no.
If the files are reported as deleted - yes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Could I please you update this game Yokai Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Demons to the new version v2.3.3?
prmx wrote on FlowerTradeWinds's profile.
can u reup RJ068000 pls
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ404334 RJ01078356 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25