As I thought, Kaiki didn't intend to kill Karen. He just wants to teach her a lesson, just as she has taught him one. He's a despicable con man but he's no child killer; although I suppose that if somebody paid him a suitable sum of money, he'd be willing to consider killing. Hard to say for sure. The line between conning and killing is not thin, even a dick like Kaiki may be unwilling to cross it.

Anyway, I like Kaiki. It's refreshing to see an antagonist who cares about money (a motivation easy to understand for everybody) rather than ruling/destroying the world or doing evil stuff for the sake of it. He doesn't use evil means because he likes it, but because that's the fastest and most efficient way to get what he wants. If he could earn as much by taking care of puppies, he'd do probably do it. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way.

Tsukihi and Karen were platinum awesome in this episode. About damn time Karen got more than two minutes of screentime in one episode. I expect the effect of the Bee's sting will kick in next week and that she'll majorly freak out. I just hope it happens after the kiss and not right before. Speaking of which, Shinobu is trolling Araragi, isn't she? Well, even if she isn't, I doubt that method will produce the intended result.

PS: I want a free Hanekawa ticket, please.

As I thought, Kaiki didn't intend to kill Karen. He just wants to teach her a lesson, just as she has taught him one. He's a despicable con man but he's no child killer; although I suppose that if somebody paid him a suitable sum of money, he'd be willing to consider killing. Hard to say for sure. The line between conning and killing is not thin, even a dick like Kaiki may be unwilling to cross it.

Anyway, I like Kaiki. It's refreshing to see an antagonist who cares about money (a motivation easy to understand for everybody) rather than ruling/destroying the world or doing evil stuff for the sake of it. He doesn't use evil means because he likes it, but because that's the fastest and most efficient way to get what he wants. If he could earn as much by taking care of puppies, he'd do probably do it. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way.

Tsukihi and Karen were platinum awesome in this episode. About damn time Karen got more than two minutes of screentime in one episode. I expect the effect of the Bee's sting will kick in next week and that she'll majorly freak out. I just hope it happens after the kiss and not right before. Speaking of which, Shinobu is trolling Araragi, isn't she? Well, even if she isn't, I doubt that method will produce the intended result.

PS: I want a free Hanekawa ticket, please.

But, if the curse is successfully transferred, doesn't that mean Araragi will take the full course instead of Karen? Unless Shinobu was indeed trolling around and it was just a lie.

lol. So you're fine if Hanekawa hates you as long as you can grope her? XD

I guess he will be ok with the curse since he is a vampire.

May be she deeply wants it. /tsundere looooool

lmao. A tsundere brocon is always welcome in my book. XD

As for the curse, if it is transferred to him, Koyomi will still probably feel the effects, but not as severe as it supposed to be. I won't be surprised if he recovers quickly from it too since Shinobu mentioned in the previous episode that Koyomi still has his ability to regenerate quickly. :3

I'm wondering whether Koyomi will be able to handle it well myself, even if transferring the illness is possible. He can regenerate against mundane illness and damage sure, but this is based on a supernatural malady. And more importantly, it not so much the genuine article, but some kind of fake made real by convincing the victim that it's real. The more vividly the person imagines and believes it, the more effective it is. So arguably, this may be something that residual vamp abilities might be useless against. Food for thought, no?

But that's also the reason why the kiss might work. Since it's not about whether the myth is true, but whether they believe it's true and people often hold in superstitions subconsciously even if they doubt it on the surface, it's likely that Karen will think that if she kisses someone she'll pass on her illness. And that's the whole point behind it.

All that aside, I'm just waiting to see how it turns out. I want to know whether it'll be a case of Koyomi forcing the freaking out little sister to kiss him, or if she'll pull a tsundere and suddenly stop resisting and do as she's told.
Most likely though, they'll just be interrupted at the critical moment by Tsukuhi, since that's what always happens in these situations in anime/manga land. :rolleyes:

I'll never stopped being amazed by Shinbou's ability to keep the show visually stimulating even in scenes where absolutely nothing happens (two people sitting at a table). This is how you direct a dialogue heavy anime.

The foreshadowing was a bit misleading at first- I thought it was alluding to her future new haircut- however her last words made it clear at least to me that her request is actually more serious than that: she wants Araragi to make her a woman. I suppose that's a better way to move on than simply cutting your hair.

Shinobu was fantastic once again. She is truly like a completely new character now. No traces of the quiet and sullen Shinobu are left.

I was shocked when Shinobu first time speak to Koyomi! haha! Shinobu is really cute! haha! I wonder what will happen in Episode 7. :3

Just what kind of dojo does Karen go to? Is her master Roshi or what?

To think Koyomi stopped sparring with her because he was afraid he'd hurt her... he should have been more concerned with own safety. Well, it's kind of the story of his life. I know he didn't try to fight back seriously, but I'm not sure he could have even if he had wanted to. She was overwhelming.

Kaiki is exactly the kind of man I thought he was. It turns out he didn't even use a fake bee as I suspected, it was just hypnosis (which raises the question of how Koyomi was able to take half of Karen's fever when it was just the result of hypnosis; even Kaiki seemed stumped). Thinking back on it, on top of what he said about Karen having a good imagination, there were huge visual hints in that scene as well.

I love how quickly he gave up and pretended to repent when faced with the prospect of getting his ass kicked. I assume he couldn't take care of two people at the same time with his hypnosis, so he would have been punched, and as he already stated earlier, he hates that. It's amazing how straightforward he can be despite being a con artist.

I hope he'll come back soon. He's too awesome to be written out of the series like that. The same goes for Oshino.

FsPGG.jpg

ch2BP.jpg

This can be a problem with the Bakemonogatari anime. They add in these slightly surreal aspects which gives it a more unique feel and visual flair, likes when Koyomi and Suruga were tidying her room and started splashing around in that mass pile of red books like playing in the swimming pool. Somehow I doubt that was what her room was really like in reality, but more filtered through Koyomi own imagination maybe.

In this case, I'm not sure the fight between him and Karen was meant to show what literally happened, with the scenery collapsing and all. It's hard to believe all that could have gone on without anyone taking an interest or leaving all that damage behind with emergency crews on the way. Since the Fire Sisters aren't meant to have any supernatural powers or anything, I'm sure it was done that way to convey just how tough a fighter she is and how much damage Koyomi was taking. The whole "If I wasn't part vampire that last one would have killed me!" kind of feel.
Still, she's pretty amazing.

As for the end of this incident, it was a little anticlimactic, but still fit with the off-key feel of the series. Kaiki is a vulture who prays on the weak, and if an obstacle like Hitagi and Koyomi appear that he can't deal with easily and won't earn any profit from doing so, then he logically simply moves on to find an easier mark. Fits his character well. It may be more satisfying when there's a more dynamic conclusion like with Suruga and with Black Himekawa, but it's not going to be like that every time.

While I am enjoying this, I can't help but feel they stretched out the plot of the original work to fill up more episodes and let the pace lag a little. It didn't ruin it or anything, I just think it could easily have fit comfortably into 3-5 episodes without feeling rushed or leaving me wondering when something was going to happen. That's my only criticism for Nisemonogatari so far.

Looks like this is the conclusion of Karen Bee and the rest of the episodes will be about Tsukihi Phoenix, though unless the information is wrong, there's only 4 more episodes to work with. Such a short series. T_T
They do seem to have some more books to work with though....

Wow. I heard that there's tooth brush scene and I was looking forward to it... What I did not expect was Shaft giving the fans a whole episode about it instead of a short scene instead. I'm very pleased nonetheless. I guess the siblings are MUCH closer now than ever. lol. Tsukihi's entrance and speaking in kansai-ben made me laugh so hard.

:shocked:

What....what the heck did I just watch?

Did I seriously just watch an entire episode that focused soley around a seriously weird incestuous tooth-brushing fetish scene? Did I really just watch all that and actually find it to be kind of hot?
Ahhhh....Mother....Father.....your son has entered a very strange world. I'm not sure what to do. :alonescared:

Seriously her reaction was amazing. The fact they almost really seemed about to cross that line was hilarious and Tsukihi's reaction was brilliant. She's becoming more yandere every time we see her. And if that wasn't crazy enough, as soon as the little sister's gone to get the awl to murder them with, Karen actually asks if they can keep going without accepting it as her win. Weirdest episode ever! :sigh:

I will never look at toothbrush the same way again.

That is all.

Accept your newly found fetish, and enjoy being a social deviant? =D

Me? A social deviant? Heh. :XD:
Alright, I'll add it to the list. Though while it may be one of the stranger fetishes on the list, as for being the most deviant, it probably won't even make the top five. It's too late. I was a lost cause well before I even heard of this forum.
I scare myself sometimes when I think of some of the whacked out stuff japan has gotten me into...... :donefor:

WHY? WHY DID SHE CUT HER PONYTAIL!? I'M PLATINUM MAD!!

No, seriously, what's up with every single girl cutting her hair short this season? Does Nisio have a short hair fetish? He'd better not do the same to Nadeko too.

Err, so yeah, pretty good episode. Two new cryptic characters who obviously have a connection to the occult were introduced, with one of them apparently being Misaki imouto in disguise. If Karen and Mayoi are to be believed, they are both very powerful.

Koyomi's interaction with Mayoi was gold as always, there were so many good lines here. There's no more doubt in my mind that Mayoi is the funniest heroine of the series, and the one who can bring out the best -or worst- in Arararagi. The tantrum he threw at Shinobu made me laugh so hard

PS: Jojo reference was cool.

Shinobu is pretty awesome this episode.

I didn't expect to see Kaiki again so soon, and was very pleased with his return. I love how casual it was too: he was simply eating donuts at another table behind Araragi; the latter's reaction when he saw him was hilarious
It's understandable, as he never thought he'd see him again, much less in that kind of restaurant.

Kagenui turned out to be an onmyouji, and Tsukihi a phoenix -- no surprises there. What makes the situation more interesting than the previous ones is that Tsukihi herself is the phoenix and is not simply its host. That means she can't get exorcised. More importantly, that means she isn't truly Koyomi's sister... I doubt it will matter much to him though. Fake or not, he's lived with her for the past 14 years, she's just as real to him as Karen.

I guess he'll have no choice but to kick Kagenui's ass to make her back down. It won't be a piece of cake.

Tsukihi is SO DAMN CUTE. All the plot in the second half of this week's episode is forgettable compared to Shinobu and Tsukihi.

Ha ha, that bit with Kaiki was the best. Just a casual "Why don't you ask that man over there?", Koyomi turns and there he is, sitting there eating donuts like he comes there every day. Classic. :XD:
I also loved the dramatic way Shinobu brought up the subject of going to the shop, raising the tension and gearing us up for some serious supernatural event. She's such a troll. I totally thought she was going to out what was happening to Tsukihi there and then. It was a nice twist.

Of course the biggest twist of this episode was the end. We all knew something was going to happen to Tsukihi and we already knew it had something to do with a Phoenix, since it's hard not to hear about it beforehand. But I was surprised at how sudden and violent it was. Sure I knew there was no way she was just dead, though it's perfectly understandable why Koyomi assumed the worst. That reaction also allowed them to make it clear the difference in power between a human with residual vampire powers and a genuine onmyouji. Even when he though his little sister had just been exterminated and was in a murderous rage, he was handled like a child. So like always with Bakemonogatari, the problem will have to be solved by other methods rather than a typical supernatural battle you'd get in other series. It'll be interesting to see how Koyomi and the others handle it. Will they simply find some way to force them to declare Tsukihi "Harmless" and leave her as she is, or will they have to actually strip her of her powers as a phoenix altogether.

Compared to the rather easy going situation with Karen where it was all a trick and the only damage was that she was in bed with a fever for a day or two, this is a lot more tense. Feels more serious this time.

Aww! I thought it would reach Episode 12! haha! Anyway, i love the Monogatari series! haha! Hope they finish Kizumonogatari soon and follow up other stories from Monogatari series! haha! Anyway,
Enjoyed the teen version of shinobu! Ka ka!~
I said, with a posed look. x3

Teen Shinobu!! Loved her Mr. Donuts jacket. I wish we had gotten to see at least a little bit of her fight against Yotsugi. Despite being considered a mere shadow of her former self by most people, she was still able to kick the ass of such a dangerous being apparently effortlessly. It makes one wonder how monstrously stong Kisshot was.

Kaiki having part of the same club as Kagenui and Oshino was quite a surprise. It's interesting how different their personal philosophies are : Kagenui believes in justice and is "good", Oshino believes in equality and is "neutral", Kaiki believes in money and is "evil". It's a wonder they were all able to get along.

I laughed so hard when Kagenui revealed Kaiki is the one who gave the information about the phoenix. That guy

Koyomi was used as a punching bag once again and resolved the situation with a heartfelt speech. A fitting conclusion to a series that relies so heavily on dialogues, I guess, though I feel they could have just skipped that beat-down... At least it looked like Kagenui had fun.

Reactions: jomkingal
Grown up shinobu. o_o
yep wish to get see how shinobu fight that time. no matter how effortless it was to fought Yotsugi. maybe next time then~. anyway still prefer loli shinobu though. (y)

actually disapointed with the fight well maybe since koyomi is protector afterall. couldn't expect much eh ?

somehow i got feeling they Tsukihi arc is pretty much less tsukihi, on karen route we see her on it many times. on this one however maybe like only 3 times tsukihi's scenes ? and pretty short too.

and it still continue, well on the last one it say "to be continue" right ? o_o
really anticipated other -monogatari anime adaption. lazy to read LN nowdays. =w=

You can't hate nisemonogatari. Its just freaking epic. So was bakemontagari.. until that actual version of opening for tsubasa cat... dam you trolly animators. We just gotta wait for book three to be animated :D.

Amazing series! Kizumonogatari is coming out soon as well, details the events before Bakemono. Can't wait!

This series is awesome, kinda wished they had 12 episodes though. Then again, Kizumonogatari is coming out soon too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ignaus wrote on UFO's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Is it possible to update these?
まものす to v24.04.03
Zookeeper Mission! 2 (JP ver) to v23.12.08
Rann wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, please upload love n life lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.