Nicknames... The reason behind them?

SainTPrimE

第61駆逐隊
Elite Member
May 19, 2012
Just curious, since I got a nickname my self and a weird one (Eroge Priest, what up with that?!) and I know that you had one or two your-self to, right? like [MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] is called Samkaka, Le Spam King, etc, etc... [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] called Ohime-sama(by me.. lol), Oujo-sama, etc, etc around the forum..

If anyone knows the reasons just post it here... Onegai ne....

Or maybe, just maybe... You are searching for one? Just post what do you like, what your habits.. Then let the world gave you a nickname...

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION] ,[MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] ,[MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION] , [MENTION=27986]Eucliwood[/MENTION] , [MENTION=27362]AhGwee[/MENTION] ,[MENTION=10646]unownHGSS[/MENTION] ,[MENTION=27785]Alice Rei[/MENTION] ,[MENTION=10379]Neko[/MENTION] ,and my bro [MENTION=25346]Uninstall[/MENTION] .... And, [MENTION=23970]x-Shiki-x[/MENTION] [MENTION=87]Frankincense[/MENTION] ....

Last edited:
Reactions: renano
Hmm normally nicknames are due to a certain person's actions or cuz its easier to type xD Ojou sama is partly cuz she seems like an ojou sama of sorts~

Reactions: renano
1t98y.jpg

I see... Well.. Time to explain mine...

Eroge Priest by [MENTION=25364]Decalcomania[/MENTION]

On every post in the introduction section I always add "May God be with you" and I talk like a priest... LOL.. PLus I play Eroge even tough I'm not 18+ yet...

Feel free to drag anyone here...

well if you want the serious reason :P, i named my dog Egozi because he brown, in my lang Egoz means nut, and Egozi is a chocolate snack , + Egozi sound nice in my ears xD

Thanks for sharing Egozi-san..

Forgot to drag [MENTION=27120]DavRoc777[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Dav, you got any nick name right? Tell us about it's history and such...

Sam, about that Samkaka thing.. It's not oblivious...

Hmmm.... Well I got DavRoc when I was younger about 13 if I remember correctly.

I used to hang out with my neighbor all the time and then one day he just called me DavRoc and I called him LexRoc. It just grew on over time so there isn't to much to the story lol.

Ohhhh ok now we know the story behind the samkaka nick name :fulfilled:

Nero's nickname for Sam was guessed correctly by Shiki...

I chose 'renano' because it originally was intended for one of my OCs who I named 'Renan' or 'Re' for short.

Later on, I came upon a person named Ernest Renan and used some of his history to influence my OC.

When I came upon the forums, I didn't want to use 'renan' because it is only meant for my OC. So I just added an 'o' at the end to make it sound more 'Japanese'.

The 'nano' part is also inspired by the utattemita 'nano'.

'Oujo-sama' started when I met Sam. I forced him to use it and to bake me cookies.

My lifestyle is similar to an 'oujo-sama' because I grew up pretty much alone, got everything I wanted, wore dresses, attended parties, and carry myself properly.

Probably because the way I type and how I chat with people here, the members started to use words like 'dear lady', 'mademoiselle', 'hime-sama', ohime-sama', 'okaa-san', 'onee-sama', 'sensei', 'senpai', 'reni-chan', 'señorita', 'fräulein', 'forum mama' (thank you Shiki), 'honey/sweet/beloved' (mostly by Hideki), and other endearing terms.

'Rena', 'Rena-chan', 'Rennie', 'reno', 'reni', 'ren', 'renren/ren-ren' are also used.

Overall, I don't mind what name is used as long as we enjoy ourselves.

As for the initial reason behind them, it could be because it's easier to use.

Perhaps it feels more special.

It could just be used on a whim on occasions in which the person acted a certain way.

In the end, if we like it, if we get used to it, or if we feel something for it, then nicknames become endearing or personal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SainTPrimE
*is dragged here*

Nothing special. Frank is my real name and I'm too lazy to name myself with other names/nicknames. ^^

I rarely go by Uninstall (*´∀`*)
Usually PANCHAN or sousouPandu in most other places
Just felt like it this time because it's one of my first Anime forums

So, thinking Anime... I remembered this song ヽ(○・▽・○)ノ
A track that was constantly on repeat back in the days

hmm.. nothing special, Kasumi is from my nickname Sakaki Kazumi, I received from my Japanese language teachers \:D
coz I always use avatars female chara, I add "chan" to be cute LoL

Thanks for sharing everyone...

Still don't get it why Sam = Samkaka...

Sam's nickname on IRC and Skype is 'ghostkitty'.

Sam also uses 'nyaa' pretty constantly.

The 'kitty' part influences 'kaka' because of the 'Kaka Clan' like 'Taokaka'.

His avatar for Skype looks like from the Kaka Clan as well.

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Kaka

Last edited:
Hmm.. let see.. nicknames is a description about you..
like your characteristic, your grammar, your behavior, your habbit, and many again..

But somehow bad nicknames appears when someone hate you.. not because of our chacracteristic or etc.. but he/she just likes call you with that* "bad nickname"..

Is so hard to predict a human, right?

mmh.. most people are just side character A/B/C to me lol *joking*

i never type others' full usernames, because i am lazy. so i just use shortened versions. any other nickname i give other people is what just comes to mind. and i do it because i feel like it~

mmmh.. shiki, because of tohno/nanaya and ryougi shiki~
first time using it. usually use Moriarty08, Shiroyasha(number), KuroShiro(number).. yeah i have a hard time, coming up with nicks..

i usually call samy samy, samson, samysamy, kitty lol

EDIT: wild pingu detected!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ghiaccio wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello.
Is it possible to reupload the RJ336575?
Rann wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, please upload love n life lucky teacher V 2.0.0 :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2445340/Love_n_Life_Lucky_Teacher/
Christ is Risen, Truly Risen & Love Everlasting, all praise to Thee' Heavenly Father, Son and Holy Ghost!
darkpachon wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload these link in katfile?

(18禁ゲーム) [150626][STUDIO邪恋] 操心術 外伝 ~綾河博士のHENTAI事件簿~

sorry
NW Energy is a leading solar firm serving Vancouver and the surrounding areas. We design, manufacture, and install solar energy systems to help you save money while also delivering a cleaner, more stable power source. Over 10,000 households and businesses have benefited from our comprehensive energy solutions.