[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Hello ..
"Is there a way to rotate an object in SB3Utility around axises ..? "
Whatever I do objects come with 90 degree rotated in to SB3 ..
I tried all axis variations when exporting from blender ...But In export seems like it has no effect .

Well in SB3UGS you can rotate in Object tree

"OMG that worked .. " I am a little sceptical touching the buttons in SB3 since i am new i am scared to break things ...:eek:

Thanks a lot . This will solve many things.

I am sorry.. I have one more question Ram0Ram. :ninja:
"I made terrain and I can scale it in studio."
But now i made a tree. I CAN NOT scale it now in "studio".
Whatever I do ..Scale is not changing .
Is there a flag in unity file preventing object to be scaled when used ?
What i am doing wrong ?

I am sorry.. I have one more question Ram0Ram. :ninja:
"I made terrain and I can scale it in studio."
But now i made a tree. I CAN NOT scale it now in "studio".
Whatever I do ..Scale is not changing .
Is there a flag in unity file preventing object to be scaled when used ?
What i am doing wrong ?

Share me the file. I will make comparison with existing mine to find the problem.

EDIT
I will look at files later. Need to go somewhere.

@smoothlaunch I'm writing this just in case you are not aware of this issue. When you are working in Blender for later importing into SB3UGS and later into HS you can't do any changes in Object Mode, everything have to be done in Edit Mode.

For example you import a tree mesh into Blender from some source. So import it with Scale=1, and location 0,0,0. Let say you scale it in Object Mode to Scale=2, translate in x=5 and rotate in y=45. You export it in FBX and import it on SB3UGS. What you will find is that the tree is showing at the original scale, no translation and no rotation.

In Blender All changes in the meshes had to be done in Edit Mode. So in above example you would select your tree mesh, go into Edit Mode, select all vertices, then scale it 2X, translate x=5 and rotate y=45. Now when you export it in FBX and import into SB3UGS all your changes shows.

I don't know if the problem is how Blender format the FBX file or the cause is something else but I learned this the hard way while working with hair meshes.

SmoothLaunch

Okay I checked your files and mistake was obvious. Your Terrain is in MeshRender but your Trees and Leaves are in SkinnedRender.

Quick fix I did is to convert the tree Skinned Mesh Render to MeshRender by clicking on Convert.

Whenever your import mesh. For static items like studio objects you need to convert them in Meshrender. SkinnedMesh is only for clothes and accessories.
b5z23nP6.jpg

Guys, any advices on importing an audio file to studio ? I have been trying to import .wav files through unity3d asset bundle, but SB3UGS doesn't load them (Error: Compressed Unity Web Archives are not supported). Any ideas how to fix the compression ? Or maybe there is an easier way to import those files ?

I have only managed to switch the audio from one .unity3d file from the game to another, so at least that is possible, but now I am stuck, would appreciate any help !

EDIT:
I got it, you can actually replace the animationclip stored in unity3d file by importing raw .wav file, you only have to change the .wav file name so that it matches animationclip name :)

EDIT2:

Unfortunately it doesn't work, game crashes after playing the imported sound few times :(

Last edited:
Aehm, AnimationClip and AudioClip are two pairs of shoes. To prevent such attempts I didn't implement raw import of assets.

Changing AudioClips is explained here.

Yeah, that's correct I meant audioclips. It seems that those .wav files crash my studio but I tried to change them all to mono and it seems to fix the problem.

I'm obviously a noob at this, but got to admit Sb3UGS is absolutely amazing, thank you for spending your time on it !

When you double click on an AudioClip an editor opens. It is unfinished and you cant change any value in there, but you can see the original attributes. Although you cant change them in Sb3UGS you might understand the reason for the crash when you replaced the audio data.

I know saw2008 hairpacks are just based on sims/ppd/ag3 hairstyles etc.. jw if anybody willing to devote time to importing the rest of zomg's 200 hiar pack? PM i still have the *.xx hair file..
CyYbpdet.jpg

Here's what I think been imported so far.

H8BANVev.jpg

To add a new transform in the object tree, using your above file as example:
Open the ...

Thank you, Belgar.

I have one more question, cause what is confusing me are those DetailNormalMapScale, Metallic etc., inside the material. Because in older games, there are Shiness, Fresnel, SpectInt, CutOff, etc.
What I have now to choose in HS, if I want to edit the values for Shiness, Fresnel, SpectInt, CutOff?
Is for example Metallic now for Shiness?

I have also trouble with an old suffer from me, to have alpha channel.
I tried to adapt the maid cos from Play Club here into Honey Select, but the issue I have are laces from this cos, because they are alpha channeled textures.

Here are the old shaders and adjustments, inside the material from Play Club:

This picture showed the new shaders materials in Honey Select:

Here the first result, with no visible laces.

I have no idea what I have to adjust, to get the alpha channel to work and that this cos is nearly looking like in Play Club. Is not black, is originally more dark blue.

Last edited:
I planning to write a tutorial about how to import static studio objects from XNALara to HoneySelect using 3D Max. Should I create a separate discussion thread or this discussion thread will be sufficient? I am in favour of separate discussion this way the tutorial will be on first posts and it won't get buried with discussion or something. Suggestion?

Thank you, Belgar.

I have one more question, cause what is confusing me are those DetailNormalMapScale, Metallic etc., inside the material. Because in older games, there are Shiness, Fresnel, SpectInt, CutOff, etc.
What I have now to choose in HS, if I want to edit the values for Shiness, Fresnel, SpectInt, CutOff?
Is for example Metallic now for Shiness?

I have also trouble with an old suffer from me, to have alpha channel.
I tried to adapt the maid cos from Play Club here into Honey Select, but the issue I have are laces from this cos, because they are alpha channeled textures.

Here are the old shaders and adjustments, inside the material from Play Club:

This picture showed the new shaders materials in Honey Select:

Here the first result, with no visible laces.

I have no idea what I have to adjust, to get the alpha channel to work and that this cos is nearly looking like in Play Club. Is not black, is originally more dark blue.

I can't see your material settings for the honey select one, but have you set the cutoff to like 0.5 instead of 0?
you need to apply a reverse filter curve on your texture maps or else everything will be darker than they should be in the game.

I don't understand with SRT settings. I am trying to merge two different maps using SRT. In SB3UGS the tool looks okay but in the game test is going in hell out of the way.

I don't understand with SRT settings. I am trying to merge two different maps using SRT. In SB3UGS the tool looks okay but in the game test is going in hell out of the way.

check the upper frames, they might have srt values not reflected in sb3ugs preview. so your changes will be added to those value, hence making it way off then what you see in the preview.

check the upper frames, they might have srt values not reflected in sb3ugs preview. so your changes will be added to those value, hence making it way off then what you see in the preview.

I checked those too. Upper frames are unaffected. No tempering with the SRT values there. There is something wrong with file itself. Still working on it. Thanks.

Hello guys.

I've got a dilemma right now.

So far, I've only had to deal with tangent normal maps that have info in the red and green channels. Blue is usually empty. However, I've stumbled with a normal map that has different information in each channel.

In Honey Select, we have normal maps with "side A" of the normals in RGB, and "side B" in the Alpha channel.

The usual way to convert tangent normal maps to the format Honey Select expects, is this, as explained by Dilldoe:

Copy the red channel and paste that in the alpha channel. Copy the green channel and paste it in the red & blue channels, blue channel doesn't get used by HS. End result is gray RGB and gray ALPHA.

My question is, since I don't want to just drop the information available in the blue channel, where would I need to mix the blue channel and how? Or is there just no way to make use of it?

Hello guys.

I've got a dilemma right now.

So far, I've only had to deal with tangent normal maps that have info in the red and green channels. Blue is usually empty. However, I've stumbled with a normal map that has different information in each channel.

In Honey Select, we have normal maps with "side A" of the normals in RGB, and "side B" in the Alpha channel.

The usual way to convert tangent normal maps to the format Honey Select expects, is this, as explained by Dilldoe:

Copy the red channel and paste that in the alpha channel. Copy the green channel and paste it in the red & blue channels, blue channel doesn't get used by HS. End result is gray RGB and gray ALPHA.

My question is, since I don't want to just drop the information available in the blue channel, where would I need to mix the blue channel and how? Or is there just no way to make use of it?

If the normal map is tengent space normal map, the information in blue channel is redundant, which can be reconstruct from red and green channel using simple math z = sqrt(1 - x^2 - y^2).

In honey select, tengent space normal map is encoded into DXT5nm format, red channel moved to alpha and blue channel will be recalculated in shader, because this outdated DXT5 format always make the red and blue channel very blocky.

But there're some rare cases like skyrim, they use a completely different object space normal map, tengent space normal map looks bluish while object space normal map is colorful, you can notice that difference immediately. currently I can only use Knald to convert object space normal map to tengent space normal map.

If the normal map is tengent space normal map, the information in blue channel is redundant, which can be reconstruct from red and green channel using simple math z = sqrt(1 - x^2 - y^2).

In honey select, tengent space normal map is encoded into DXT5nm format, red channel moved to alpha and blue channel will be recalculated in shader, because this outdated DXT5 format always make the red and blue channel very blocky.

But there're some rare cases like skyrim, they use a completely different object space normal map, tengent space normal map looks bluish while object space normal map is colorful, you can notice that difference immediately. currently I can only use Knald to convert object space normal map to tengent space normal map.

Oh, no problem then I guess. The blue channel should be reconstructed correctly from this one then, since it's a tangent, not an object normal. Nice info regarding what you're using to convert object space normals to tangent ones by the way, didn't know that was possible, I can only get approximate results with Blender.

Hey guys, I'm currently digging some materials in SB3UGs and thought about It would be cool if somebody make a mod that enables Sub Surface Scattering for the body and face skin materials. As I know Unity is capable of such thing. But how? I know there should be a few additional textures thats quite easy to bake. But the result should be amazing.

Here is some YT

Somebody make a skin shader https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/67724

Is it possible to use it in the actual game?

And another question: The eye material seems to have shader that use only 2 textures: diffuse and specular. It would be cool to add occlusion, bump map and environmental maps to them for much more realistic glass looking eyes.

How I can do this? Export-import shader from another material?

URL]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Suzu鈴 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Could you reupload this except Rapidgator please?
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Excuse me, is it possible to update this one? Since a whole month had passed, it should be its final update.
堕ちた忍姫セツナ to Ver1.02
WillyMonka wrote on Shine's profile.
I deeply apologize for taking up your time, but could you please add this game

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ319032.html

It would be most grateful.
RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload