[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

I tried to bring an original map to that error by deleting all sorts of assets, but the map was always okay. Now I am plucking the christmas tree, because the error shows up with that original item too when you scale it.

Edit:
Oh, even better it shows up for all items. Compared to the tree you just need higher scaling values.

Edit2:
But Sb3UGS makes this effect worse. I replaced the tree with an exported original and converted it back to a MeshRenderer. I will analyse later.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with what might cause this problem? At certain angles my alpha textures have a bright outline that reflects what the background color of the map is in studio. If i change the background color of the map in studio this outline will change colors. I've tried copying some materials from other trees in the game, but sometimes i get an sb3 error and it doesnt copy the material completely or it doesnt copy the shader keywords alphatest, not sure if that is the problem. So i'm using a alpha_culoff material. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried switching materials, but get worse effects. Still learning the sb3 settings.
20170209131512763.png

Last edited:
@LSD: I've seen this before in some maps, never tried to tackle it. I'm far from an expert, but some things come to mind:
-Adjust the cutout setting (a bit higher)
-Extract and convert the textures to a different format (DDS to png, or resave DDS in paint, which seems to "normalize" corrupted DDS) Reinsert.
-Migrate the whole thing to a "Rendering mode: transparent" native file.

Anyone familiar with what might cause this problem? At certain angles my alpha textures have a bright outline that reflects what the background color of the map is in studio. If i change the background color of the map in studio this outline will change colors. I've tried copying some materials from other trees in the game, but sometimes i get an sb3 error and it doesnt copy the material completely or it doesnt copy the shader keywords alphatest, not sure if that is the problem. So i'm using a alpha_culoff material. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried switching materials, but get worse effects. Still learning the sb3 settings.
20170209131512763.png

That is because the particular alpha shader you used is PBRAlpha shader and when background image is enabled it cause those bright textures around the leaves and you can even see the background through those tree leaves. I recommend you to increase the Alpha range from 1 to more 10 or more and you might also want to adjust the RGB also. It will cause the textures a bit dark. It's a "trial & error method". If you are not getting the right effect you wanted let me know.

Okay so i fixed it besides the fact the shadows are just weird with these tree meshes that have many crosses in them. I tried both your solutions above they both work in their own sense, but i think what i discovered is there is parts in a material you actually can't change. So i copied a material for a palm tree from the mat file. Because the fact it had emission in the shader keywords even though i set the emission, spec, gloss to zero it still had a metalic like effect. So i copied a leaf material with only a alpha shader keyword and this worked perfectly. I did not understand completely the shader keywords and how they effect the material, but still learning. Thanks for the advice it helped me eventually find somewhat of a solution and i learned some.
20170209154029412.png

Currently the compiled shaders are a black box. But they contain the shader keywords to render the material with these options. Sb3UGs could try to scan the compiled shaders for such keywords and populate the keywords in the combo box. The combo box would need to be changed because you might not want all keywords and would want to deselect unwanted keywords. While the keywords usually have names that hint their purpose it might still be required to understand the full shader source code.

Shaders are usually collected in files, and materials are stored in others. You would have to give Sb3UGS both sources to make use of the function described above. And all that just for switching a material's shader and choosing shader keywords. Would it be worth the efford?

I think it is still easier to hunt materials and use Copy & Paste. A completely different method would be to use Unity editor and the Shader Lab, but this requires to learn shader languages.

Found the reason for the bad shadows in items and maps, and probably every mesh. Sb3UGS doesn't compute the Center and Extend correctly. You can see the values in the Mesh Attribute editor, but you cant edit them (nor would you want to do this).

For MeshRenderers I have corrected this, but I need to verify SkinnedMeshRenderers.

Very well, and thanks for the likes!

The next question would be if you would need help in recomputing all meshes. E.g. a button in the Mesh Attributes editor which would let you recompute all bounding boxes of all selected meshes.

But please try out the v1.5.19 first if it computes the bounding boxes correctly now and makes the shadow bug smaller. With very big scaling even original items cause this bug so dont expect wonders :-)

Figured the only way to test the shadow correction would be to make a new map from scratch, but I can't do it. I'm having this weird problem with 1.5.19. I follow my usual way of placing the frame>merge, textures, materials and meshes (merge/replace/replace/mesh) on top of a dummy animator, but when I drop the meshes the textures get unlinked and dissapear. Doesn't happen in .12 (triple-checked in case I was being just dumb), or in previous editions, since it's my usual way of doing things.

Also, a way to recompute the meshes would certainly be very welcome, we need a way to fix the old files. Unless I'm missing how to do it as of now.

So the new tool has improved and fix the shadow bugs I see. Am I gonna fix the whole maps again?!!??!! Let me ask my lama what he says about it.
zvTujKzY.gif

@GIL★ギル:
I cant reproduce your problem, but if you use a new file watch the errors in the Log window.

When dragging the first texture into your Animator, you might get:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Fix for this:
Copy & Paste a texture from another file into your and double click it to put it into your Animator. You can delete this texture later. But this ensures that the type definition is in your file.

When dragging the first Material into your Animator you might get:
Replacing a material currently requires an existing material with the same name
Copy & Paste or transport a Material from another file into yours. The type definition... you guessed it. But in addition to the type definition Sb3UGS needs a template for the ImportedMaterial.

@ramoram:
You might want to try to read my whole post again and not only the second half :P

I still don't see how to automatically link textures to materials. If I try to add materials it says there must be a material with the same name. I messed around, but couldn't find anything out. I've been manually adding textures to each material for each mesh.

I can confirm the shadow bug is indeed for the most part... FIXED! I really can't believe it. Enimaroah you're a fkn genius.
Tried the biggest map I could find, the Lightning Returns City Boulevard (thanks Ramo!). This thing is massive. I had a previous copy that bugged shadows pretty badly, so I did a new copy in .20
CwBP4kkC.png
Zero issues detected. In fact, shadows seem to have jumped in quality somehow. It's amazing.
3QF9P3jG.png
Thank you so much enimaroah. It's going to be a pain to fix all the previously ported maps that have this issue, but I don't care. I honestly didn't expect this to be fixable at all, and certainly not this fast!!!

enimaroah asked me if I have any idea of this weird shadow bug. I noticed that long time ago, but I didn't have any idea on that.
Before I replied him he had already solved this. So nice! :alice_happy:

I can confirm the shadow bug is indeed for the most part... FIXED! I really can't believe it. Enimaroah you're a fkn genius.
Tried the biggest map I could find, the Lightning Returns City Boulevard (thanks Ramo!). This thing is massive.

What if told you that Boulevard is not the massive map!!! Lolz. It's tempting to re-do fixes again. My Lama ran away and couldn't convinced him for fixes so I asked my badger.

I still don't see how to automatically link textures to materials. If I try to add materials it says there must be a material with the same name. I messed around, but couldn't find anything out. I've been manually adding textures to each material for each mesh.

PM me those files. I will check why you can't assign textures to those materials. It's 1.30 am and I can't do it now.:P

Thank you so much enimaroah. It's going to be a pain to fix all the previously ported maps that have this issue, but I don't care. I honestly didn't expect this to be fixable at all, and certainly not this fast!!!

So the issue was with SB3UGS? Good thing that he got on it and had it figured out.
Look at it the bright side: fixing things up is part of the fun for a modder, even if it may tease the heck out
of you sometimes.

-----------------------------
Now for something else.

What's the biggest difference from adding eyebrows and accessories between SBPR and HS?
From what I've seen it doesn't look like it would be much different, yet I haven't managed
to get either of my eyebrow or accessory mods working.

Maybe I'm just being rusty and there's something that I'm missing.

Last edited:
Thanks for testing, GIL! And thanks to all for the nice posts here :-)

The current way to fix the maps would be, select all meshes, export, import, replace, save the file.

Is that sufficient or would you like to have a "fix bounding box for selected meshes" button?

@Syncroz:
The shaders in HS are a much different from SBPR. I lately had a hard time to convince Unity to show a 24bit texture NOT transparent!?

I see only two ways: either simulate in Unity editor and transport the result with Sb3UGS, or paste all kinds of different Material/Shader variants in your file and try them out with HS. I am not sure which would be the faster way because of the caching in HS.

@LovelySurrealDream:
There is one thing with your doing. Sb3UGS needs one first Material in the Object Tree as a template. Your example only works because the Material is already in the file with the same name. Without that the Materials could not be merged and Sb3UGS would show an error.

Last edited:
@ramoram - If what enimaroah says is true, and fixing the shadow bug is that simple, I'd be more than happy to take on the challenge of doing that for ya, if you'd like. It's a shit-load of maps, no doubt, lol, but we'd all benefit greatly with them not having that pesky shadow bug.

@Syncroz:
The shaders in HS are a much different from SBPR. I lately had a hard time to convince Unity to show a 24bit texture NOT transparent!?

I see only two ways: either simulate in Unity editor and transport the result with Sb3UGS, or paste all kinds of different Material/Shader variants in your file and try them out with HS. I am not sure which would be the faster way because of the caching in HS.

Aghhh, sorry I was in a hurry earlier and just realized that I didn't specify the issue.
The Material/Shaders are no issue, although, even though the paths in the TextAssest for eyebrows and for accessories are correct.
Nor will eyebrows or accessories show up. I can understand if I might have messed up the linkage for the eyebrows, but I no particular
idea of why my accessory hats/nip plates doesn't show up. Names shows up in the accessory lists, but not the meshes and such.

@ramoram - If what enimaroah says is true, and fixing the shadow bug is that simple, I'd be more than happy to take on the challenge of doing that for ya, if you'd like. It's a shit-load of maps, no doubt, lol, but we'd all benefit greatly with them not having that pesky shadow bug.

Nah. We don't have to do all the fixes I think. Just the one that causing those problems. I will check files and release re-up my files again.

Nah. We don't have to do all the fixes I think. Just the one that causing those problems. I will check files and release re-up my files again.
Well, whatever's clever. I'm just grateful this shadow bug nightmare will finally be coming to an end.

Finally got some time doing the test.

@enimaroah

1) Funny thing is that the "extended" attribute becomes smaller after the fix.
I tried it on a skydome and it gives the value below. Is it abnormal or not?

before the fix: X:3810.262, Y:1096.121, Z:3812.19
after the fix: X:1905.131, Y:548.0607, Z:1906.095

2) Does these "center" and "extended" attribute take the parent transform into account?
What if I shrink/enlarge all the meshes using the parent transform?

3) I did it on the beach map. Well... the bug is still there, seems to be fixed at some extent, but I can't say if it is a placebo effect or not.

@Syncroz

Missing/having redundant "0"s in the list?
Converted skinned meshrenderer into meshrenderer already? Does the mesh stay on (0,0,0) position?
What format the eyebrow was using? (I got a crash a while ago when I was using .tga format)

That's some possible issue I can think of.

Edit: Yeah, and the CAB-string problem enimaroah mentioned. The string have to be unique, hexadecimal and same length.

Thanks Aastaroth!

For submeshes and MeshRenderers, Center and Extend are LOCAL coordinate space not WORLD. For SkinnedMeshRenderers the bounding box is transformed by the RootBone.

Yes, the error of the Extend is usually about 50%. Think of it as a radius around the center. My mistake was that I implemented it as diameter (plus an ugly Copy & Paste bug).

But when I implemented it the first time, I saw those values in HM and SBPR. So there might have been a change between Unity4 and Unity5 in these fields. I haven't tested any Unity4 game with it and it is not my current plan to do this. Highest prio has the help in correction of HS mods.

Edit:
Oh, and as mentioned before with high scaling even original items produce the shadow bug. The corrected bounding box is not healing this with a 100%.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread