[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

So once we have a settled way to add items in the studio, I would like to have the island from SBPR for use as items. Someone mad a mod like that for SBPR, but I believe they left. I assume it will not be ported over, so I will probably attempt for personal use.

On to my question... No sky and water. Would it be reasonable for me to assume that the skysphere or whatever it is called could also be ported as an item?

If not could I possibly throw a sky sphere and some water meshes together in Unreal and convert to a usable format?

There are two problems in modding studio:

1) I cannot create any standalone list (the game just refused to accept it). That means you can only mod on the existing list by adding entries on it. That's even worse than SBPR's ItemList.
2) The far clip plane is too close. Sky sphere is not visible because it clearly exceeds the far clip plane. Distant objects faded out so fast, so it is not good for making huge maps.

1) I cannot create any standalone list (the game just refused to accept it). That means you can only mod on the existing list by adding entries on it. That's even worse than SBPR's ItemList.
2) The far clip plane is too close. Sky sphere is not visible because it clearly exceeds the far clip plane. Distant objects faded out so fast, so it is not good for making huge maps.

Im sad to hear this, I had big plans for Items and maps. I guess I will continue to wait and see what comes of the future updates.

So we have to manually insert lines in the List_00 or something you mentioned it.
Well... There goes away my plan to port TR:Legend map to HS-Studio. My months effort gone waste.... Adding insult to an injury I messed up List_ES in SBPR to test each map. :XD:

By the way how huge maps it should be that will cause "fading". Example: AG3-Town Square, AG-3 Street, AG3-Beach....

@Hellothisisuser
Seperate skydome and animated water can be created. I did it in some SBPR maps. But from aastaroth said the render distance is short and it will not appear.

So we have to manually insert lines in the List_00 or something you mentioned it.
Well... There goes away my plan to port TR:Legend map to HS-Studio. My months effort gone waste.... Adding insult to an injury I messed up List_ES in SBPR to test each map. :XD:

By the way how huge maps it should be that will cause "fading". Example: AG3-Town Square, AG-3 Street, AG3-Beach....

@Hellothisisuser
Seperate skydome and animated water can be created. I did it in some SBPR maps. But from aastaroth said the render distance is short and it will not appear.

but if the only problem is the unified list, can't you add the mod files as a standalone item and then put the codes manually in the main list? doesn't means that you can make the mods 50% standalone and the manually part is not that hard since SB3UGS has a native textasset editor? we had mods like that on PPD/PSP and it worked just fine. i mean, i know that full standalone items are practical and cool, but it's not like if we can't make it ihe modding is gone, we dealt with worse illusion games before..

but if the only problem is the unified list, can't you add the mod files as a standalone item and then put the codes manually in the main list? doesn't means that you can make the mods 50% standalone and the manually part is not that hard since SB3UGS has a native textasset editor? we had mods like that on PPD/PSP and it worked just fine. i mean, i know that full standalone items are practical and cool, but it's not like if we can't make it ihe modding is gone, we dealt with worse illusion games before..

I never modded PPD but I did downloaded mods and put "Codes" in the list using the PPD Decryption-Encryption software. I remember.... So I understand what you mean... I also thought about that too... But I intended to wait more to see what updates or patches Illusion that will release which solve large maps problems. I am actually concern with that.... Not with the list...

I never modded PPD but I did downloaded mods and put "Codes" in the list using the PPD Decryption-Encryption software. I remember.... So I understand what you mean... I also thought about that too... But I intended to wait more to see what updates or patches Illusion that will release which solve large maps problems. I am actually concern with that.... Not with the list...

illusion updates are frightening for modders x.x

It's not like modding is gone, of course. I can add those without any problem (I have imported three maps already), but for average users, it is gonna be a headache for them.

In SBPR days, we have Itemlist_ES which modders like me and ramoram packed the list with different mods for users to drag and drop. Still there are a bunch of users coming back to ask questions. Now, imagine you ask them to use SB3UGS, open the corresponding file, insert codes somewhere in between 1000-2000 lines and pack the file again, while adding even one extra line can make the file unusable... unless someone make a tool to automate the process (drag a modder's list to the tool and the tool will insert the lines to you), it is gonna be a mess if you shared the mod to public.

Not to mention that, illusion is still patching the studio. Any change in file structure can make the previous method useless. That did happened in SBPR (which is why, the ItemList_ES comes out). So I would rather wait and see how the studio is going on. This manual approach should be served as the last resort.

Reactions: natsugi
1) There were Camera assets in SBPR. I guess there are such in here too. One attribute is the far clip plane. I dont think that this is hard coded. Sb3UGS would just need to provide an editor.

2) Normal users might not have to use Sb3UGS. An external editor more user-friendly could extract a TextAsset with the script version of Sb3UGS, add items by using continuous IDs and let the script version replace the result.

Okay, I've managed to post a message on the Hongfire Modding Club forum asking that mods be reposted here. It was pure luck to get in quickly and post. I hope it gets the message out to other modders.

Okay, I've managed to post a message on the Hongfire Modding Club forum asking that mods be reposted here. It was pure luck to get in quickly and post. I hope it gets the message out to other modders.

being able to log on HF now is like winning at the lotto, so sad :\

When the chances of winning the lotto are still higher ;_;
lol, come now, it's not THAT bad! It's pretty bad today, for sure, but I've been able to do at least a little on there. Stampar & Belgar17 released a new WIP SBX Uncensor on HF, btw...

But yeah, good luck reaching it! -_- Hopefully they make a post for it in the AS Mod Release threat, as well.

@effoff

Thank you! I just missed to mention that in the release post. Added. :)

@enimaroah

1) Yeah, I think the same, too. Did some research on Unity manuals before but I didn't search HS folders yet. Would be grateful if SB3UGS support this, of course. :)

2) Hm... I think the problem is, I can't find people helping me making such a UI. :XD:
Did discuss with my friends a while ago, but it seems that he isn't interested in studio tbh... After all, people have their different focus on this game, we all understand this.

I can't find people helping me making such a UI. :XD:

I am smart enough to do my own noob stuff but dumb enough to help advance modders. I may end up what you call it "fu**king up" their work. :XD:. I remember someone made fix in PlayClub mods Thread (HF). About the long distance map.... If someone can reverse engineer it and make it compatible with the HS-Studio

@Hellothisisuser

You guys are killing my dreams but leaving me with a tiny bit of hope. I am just impatiently awaiting game updates now. :/ ......

1) There were Camera assets in SBPR. I guess there are such in here too. One attribute is the far clip plane. I dont think that this is hard coded. Sb3UGS would just need to provide an editor.

...... enimaroah to the rescue though! :) Hopefully this turns out to be the case. I miss the early days in SBPR so much that I even started making my own version of the game. 0____0

For those who can't make it to HF, I got in by luck so here's a direct link to the SBX uncensor by Stampar & Belgar:

https://mega.nz/#!tgJnWBjL!fBLkcdxYGtIeHoOih0M_0VQKC7Pyvbg-dhntY0PXnoA

Whats up BT! long time no see.
Have you tried ReShade v3 beta? It has a UI now much like ENB. Create, save, and load presets in game.

I will not give you a whole sales pitch, but it is pretty great as it stands even while being in beta.

I made some progress and the external Materials and Textures are functional all over the place :) But the gui needs to reflect which file and which editor needs to be saved. You currently see the asterisk only for the initiating editor, while the changes are being made in another file. Newest nice point, you dont have to open resource files before the mesh files. When you select a material any new available texture is considered; same for meshes and their materials.

My plan is still to correct the TGA support or texture format problem afterwards. Sinbad's request for support of old games is not forgotten. And a Camera editor, and external Meshes ... I guess it continues to be a busy year :D

Bond should be awarded for his avatar! Really funny, priceless.

@Aastaroth
What if the stand alone items and it's list can be created this way

Reference:

C:\Illusion\HoneySelect\abdata\studio\itemobj\honey\00 (250MB) [Item]
C:\Illusion\HoneySelect\abdata\studio\list\itemlist\honey\00 (16KB)

• Example
    Mods:

C:\Illusion\HoneySelect\abdata\studio\itemobj\honey\Aastaroth_Maps (150MB) [Item]
    C:\Illusion\HoneySelect\abdata\studio\list\itemlist\honey\Aastaroth_Maps (5KB)

• Both the item and list name should be identical. I don't know whether you have did this too but give it a try. Since you already ported maps and your file is ready, only you need to create a separate list. That won't take long I guess.

Item isn't a problem. But no, the game just doesn't read any extra lists other than 00.unity3d.

Item isn't a problem. But no, the game just doesn't read any extra lists other than 00.unity3d.

Well just suggestion to test the theory. Well doesn't matter now, thanks for clearing.... Meanwhile I should start porting stuff for myself for now... Until Illusion stop releasing patches and announce they are done with HS.... Then I will see what to do next...

Thanks for the heads up Dr Yoshi.

I have ported over the AdjustMod for HS, seems like the bone structure is still the same.
i had no issues loading SB save files with HS.

I can't save a file log says:
Sound resource must be placed into a folder with the original folder structure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi is there Can you reupload this?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01042053.html

Could you please upload this game?I have spent months searching for it, but no luck at all.
Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.

Do you think you could upload this game? Youv'e uploaded one by the studio before and i can't find this online anywhere.
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.

Do you think you could upload this game? It was by a studio whose game you have uplaoded before!