[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Texture sets aren't supported for panties. You need to duplicate the geometry from the original into your own file. Then you would have two possibilities. 1) integrate materials and your textures into the same file or 2) use an extra file to host them. In the latter case you would have to reference the material in the external file. This is a bit more complicated but would allow to reuse them from another geometry file.

So I guess you will use the first case and put the resources into the geometry file. In any case you will need a list file for integration. Open abdata\list\characustom\00.unity3d and check the TextAsset responsible for panties. You will need such a TextAsset preferably in your own list file. I highly recommend to download another similar mod and see that list file entries if you cant find the logic.

How do I open an Illusion unity file in the unity editor?

You cant! That's the reason why Sb3UGS with its Unity Plugin exists. The professional editor is Unity editor.

What you can do in Unity editor is to use an exiting AssetBundle file, load Prefabs (Animators) from it and show them. But you cant export or change anything in that AssetBundle file with Unity editor. I made that with a file from VRK-Demo for testing purposes.

For material editing you would create an empty project. Import textures, fbx files, etc. and then you can use all material, shader, texture, etc editing features until you were satisfied with the result. And getting the result is just one click on "Build & Run".

Maybe there is a way to report this to illusion game studio to preposition the elbow bones? I was slightly able to make it more natural by just weight painting, but i think the placement of the bone is a little to low on the arm. I will continue to try later do see if there is anything else i can do as far as weight painting and mesh sculpting.
Left side is game version, Right side is after a few weight painting adjustments
Capture.png

Here is my modified version if we were able to slightly position the bone up the arm the result would be almost completely natural with a few more weight adjustments. The placement of the bone puts the elbow and arm out of alignment.
Left side game version bone placement, Right side slightly adjusted.
Capture123.png

Last edited:
Okay, I know this is going to be a noob question but I'm going to have to ask. I've tried searching within the thread and it's somehow not pulled up anything. I was trying to do retextures of panties in the game. I'm quickly learning that it's way more difficult to do than it was in SPBR. So I'm following Enimaroah's really fine tutorial and he tells me to search for a cab string using some program called TotalCommander. So I downloaded TotalCommander and it's like information overload and there's a million options.

So I play around with it for a while and I've now been fucking with the search options for over an hour and no matter what I do it never pulls up anything with the cab string that I pulled up from SB3U. I have to be doing something wrong. How are you all getting the referenced texture information if you're not using TotalCommander? I even went on the TotalCommander forums trying to find a thread about the searching options but now I feel like my head is going to explode. Is there no easier way to find associated textures for meshes without going through other programs??

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. I'll start digging around in the files again when I'm not too drunk to work properly.

Maybe there is a way to report this to illusion game studio to preposition the elbow bones? I was slightly able to make it more natural by just weight painting, but i think the placement of the bone is a little to low on the arm. I will continue to try later do see if there is anything else i can do as far as weight painting and mesh sculpting.
Left side is game version, Right side is after a few weight painting adjustments
Capture.png

Here is my modified version if we were able to slightly position the bone up the arm the result would be almost completely natural with a few more weight adjustments. The placement of the bone puts the elbow and arm out of alignment.
Left side game version bone placement, Right side slightly adjusted.
Capture123.png

Before you go to all the trouble, I recommend you check the HSPE (Honey Select Poser Editor) in HongFire. Among other things it greatly correct a lot of the deformations in the studio. Here is the link:
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hf-modding-translation/honey-select-mods/5747804-hspe-honey-select-pose-editor-v1-1-1-update-30-12-2016-41
I see two problems with your approach. First you will have to change all the body meshes in the game, the full naked one and the ones that are part of all the clothing tops. Second you may also get problems with gloves and shoes (particularly long boots) because the vertex weights between them and your new bodies wouldn't match any longer.

Okay, I know this is going to be a noob question but I'm going to have to ask. I've tried searching within the thread and it's somehow not pulled up anything. I was trying to do retextures of panties in the game. I'm quickly learning that it's way more difficult to do than it was in SPBR. So I'm following Enimaroah's really fine tutorial and he tells me to search for a cab string using some program called TotalCommander. So I downloaded TotalCommander and it's like information overload and there's a million options.

So I play around with it for a while and I've now been fucking with the search options for over an hour and no matter what I do it never pulls up anything with the cab string that I pulled up from SB3U. I have to be doing something wrong. How are you all getting the referenced texture information if you're not using TotalCommander? I even went on the TotalCommander forums trying to find a thread about the searching options but now I feel like my head is going to explode. Is there no easier way to find associated textures for meshes without going through other programs??

There is another way to find the material information but it takes a little bit of work.

First open in SB3GUI the assetbundle you are going to use in abdata/chara directory (example cf_shorts_00.unity3d). Then also open the corresponding material file in directory abdata, in this example it would be mat_cha_00.unity3d. For standard game clothing the assetbundle and the material file end with the same number so its easy to match them together.

Open the animator you want to check, example p_cf_shorts_00_04. Now when you open the Material tap in editor window you can see the name of the material used by the animator (in this example is cf_M_shorts_00_04). If you click on the material name you will see all the textures and other pertinent information.

If you open only the assetbundle file without opening the material file as well, you never see the material name. Once you have the names you need, you can go back to the material file and do what you want, like copy the material to another file, export or replace the textures, etc.

How to search for CAB-Strings with TotalCommander

But making shorts with new textures requires to duplicate geometry, materials and textures. Why materials? Because you want fixed assignments in the diffuse texture slot. Why geometry? Because you want fixed assignment of that new material for a short's submesh.

Are there other ways to achieve this? Yes, with a plugin like SkinTexMod for body meshes.

When you have the geometry file for the shorts and you get the message that an external material is used, head over to the file on the left side. From that file's menu select "Options" / "Dump AssetBundle". At the end of the Log window you will find something like this:
Code:
ABName=chara/cf_hair_s_00.unity3d
dependencies=1
   mat_cha_00.unity3d
isStreamedSceneAB=False
This is only a hint because this information isn't technically required for Unity. Still Sb3UGS maintains this information if someone adds more external dependencies. So you will know that in this example you would have to open mat_cha_00.unity3d in Sb3UGS. Then reselect meshes or materials and Sb3UGS will use the file for resolution of external links.

See the posts about Copy & Paste of Animators for duplication of the short's geometry linked in the Glossary.

Is there anyway to add addition morphs without replace original game morphs? Like is there a list file for the morphs? I'm sure this question has been asked before sorry for asking again :3c

There were requests about this before and it is not that I would deny, but with every new game Illusion either used another Unity feature or switched to a new Unity engine. So I was always prioritizing what to do next, and extending arrays in MBs got only a small priority.

But it is good to be reminded on such missing features from time to time! Thanks!

You've lost me. Was it even related to this forum or HF?

BTW, about the topic we spoke earlier. I am working on the editor for MonoBehaviours again, and changing the number of array elements will be included.

You've lost me. Was it even related to this forum or HF?

BTW, about the topic we spoke earlier. I am working on the editor for MonoBehaviours again, and changing the number of array elements will be included.

sorry i tried using my phone at work and it auto corrected some of the words. That will be nice to add additional morphs so I won't have to replace game morphs anymore.

I'm trying to add a 3D pubic hair mod from Playclub to Honey Select. To do this, I replaced the mesh of an existing 3D pubic hair by Stinger722. It looks fine in SB3UGS, but is invisible in the game itself. It is listed, and its undressed state (a standard panty mesh) does appear, so I know this is not a CAB or list issue. I think I've done something wrong in the process of copying the mesh file - despite the fact (again) that it looks fine in SB3UGS, and the bone weights seem to have transferred successfully. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? Would anyone experienced be interested in taking a look at my files?

I'm trying to add a 3D pubic hair mod from Playclub to Honey Select. To do this, I replaced the mesh of an existing 3D pubic hair by Stinger722. It looks fine in SB3UGS, but is invisible in the game itself. It is listed, and its undressed state (a standard panty mesh) does appear, so I know this is not a CAB or list issue. I think I've done something wrong in the process of copying the mesh file - despite the fact (again) that it looks fine in SB3UGS, and the bone weights seem to have transferred successfully. Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong? Would anyone experienced be interested in taking a look at my files?

if it's a direct replacement it could be a material issue. check and see if the texture is 'tiled' in the material tab. offset should be 0,0 and scale 1,1
also that it's the right material/texture for the mesh.

the other possibility I can think of is the position/scale. it could be inside the body or way above/below it.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
if it's a direct replacement it could be a material issue. check and see if the texture is 'tiled' in the material tab. offset should be 0,0 and scale 1,1
also that it's the right material/texture for the mesh.

the other possibility I can think of is the position/scale. it could be inside the body or way above/below it.

Thanks for responding.

What do you mean by "see if the texture is 'tiled' in the material tab"? Offset and scale are 0,0 and 1,1 respectively. And the position/scale is fine, I double-checked that.

Thanks for responding.

What do you mean by "see if the texture is 'tiled' in the material tab"? Offset and scale are 0,0 and 1,1 respectively. And the position/scale is fine, I double-checked that.

tiled, repeating. so a small texture can be repeatedly mapped over a mesh instead of just one huge texture.

I had a similar issue with a hair bang with alpha where the mapping was off, so instead of showing hair texture it was showing teh alpha, hence not showing up in game.

have you checked that the normal is right? try setting the material to NONE and see if it shows up magenta in game. If it does then it's a material/texture issue.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
tiled, repeating. so a small texture can be repeatedly mapped over a mesh instead of just one huge texture.

I had a similar issue with a hair bang with alpha where the mapping was off, so instead of showing hair texture it was showing teh alpha, hence not showing up in game.

have you checked that the normal is right? try setting the material to NONE and see if it shows up magenta in game. If it does then it's a material/texture issue.

Huh. That was some really good advice - but the mesh shows up white (and still colorable!), not magenta! Despite no material being set...how is that possible?

NoMaterialA.png

Edit: I fixed it! Still don't understand how a mesh without a material could still be colorable in-game, but some fiddling with a different hair material did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Quick question for my character import mods if anyone knows how to hide/display nipples, toe nails and fingernails? is there a way without choosing a clothing item that already hides them? or how does it do this? Any help much appreciated thank you.

Last edited:
Huh. That was some really good advice - but the mesh shows up white (and still colorable!), not magenta! Despite no material being set...how is that possible?

Edit: I fixed it! Still don't understand how a mesh without a material could still be colorable in-game, but some fiddling with a different hair material did the trick. Thanks for your help.

hair meshes can do that (I'm assuming you're using a hair as a base)

Quick question for my character import mods if anyone knows how to hide/display nipples, toe nails and fingernails? is there a way without choosing a clothing item that already hides them? or how does it do this? Any help much appreciated thank you.

you can't hide nails without modding the core file. Nipples can be hidden/display via the List file. not sure which value/column, but you have to change it to 1 or 0.

thanks process of elimination it is then :)

Thanks a lot DillDoe I found the integer, not sure if its the same for each clothing state, but this works for tops.
Capturesc.png

I've been screwing around modding all day and have another question if I can even explain it. Well basically adding my rigged character models, I'm forced to add them to the "top" clothing slot because that has the option to add the edited visible cf_body mesh and it seems in all pants clothing the character still using the full body because there is no clipping issues as with the breast. Is it possible to add a edited cf_body state to pants or other clothing items. I have two pictures below because I know that was probably really hard to understand.

topbot.png

I really do appreciate the help

Last edited:

Anybody wanna try eyebrows next? There's only like 4/12 eyebrows that I used, the rest could be better used to make new ones. I mean even the DOA eyebrows are getting more used. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
A reupload request. Do you still have this in your database?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!