[Mod Discussion] (Illusion) Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト)

Thanks @enimaroah.

Attach is what I have in 3dsmax. I think I exported the fbx with skin from sb3u as you can see a skin modifier about the mesh. However, in order to modify the vertices, I have to breakaway from the skin modifier.

Or did you mean I should export p_cf_shoes_03_00 as well? When I export, I select cf_O_shoes_03 and cf_O_shoes_03_00 only. As I'm not replacing the bones (or should I?) but doing copy nearest, the mesh seems to have imported fine now that I know how to do translation/rotation.

HrHivDc5

Replace the ImportedMesh with Sb3UGS and you will see in the result if the skin was lost or not - replace with "Replace" for bones. But I am pretty sure that when the skeleton is missing in the file, your mesh is unskinned and you have lost the skin.

In Maya this can happen as well, and then you need to "Delete Non-Deformer History". I dont know how this is called in 3DS Max.

In Maya when you select a skinned mesh and export only the selection then the skeleton is exported as well.

Edit:
However, in order to modify the vertices, I have to breakaway from the skin modifier.
No, that's the reason for the trouble. The skin must not be released from the mesh. You have to find another way. In Maya you can translate, rotate , scale vertices without having to "Unbind Skin".

@DillDoe
The SetRenderQueue MB value define the rendering order but not how a mesh looks. The problem must lie elsewhere, material or texture attributes I would suspect and the shader of course.

found the cause, it was the shader.

"LIGHTMOD"="Always"

changed it to ForwardBase and working as it should.

Guys i need some info. As it is, while missing ID-knowledge class, in my FoolFashion#0 mod i'm using same ID's (all six digits) as are used in the AC shoes mod. I have both mods running and no conflicts whatsoever. Does it mean it is divided between the clothing parts? Can i use the same ID for a shoe, a top, a glove etc. but not for two entries in shoes etc.?

Guys i need some info. As it is, while missing ID-knowledge class, in my FoolFashion#0 mod i'm using same ID's (all six digits) as are used in the AC shoes mod. I have both mods running and no conflicts whatsoever. Does it mean it is divided between the clothing parts? Can i use the same ID for a shoe, a top, a glove etc. but not for two entries in shoes etc.?

yes. the first 3 'suppose' to be the clothing id, but the textasset name is the thing that counts. the game ignores it, its only there for the developer. its the last 3 digit the game cares about.

Quick question:

I'm working on adding a batch of items to the game. The items looks good, they can be moved/saved in studio - but scaling inside the studio doesn't work. Any idea what the cause could be?

Last edited:
Did you use an original item as template? Is that original scalable? May be it is an attribute in the list entry?

Is there a code, that makes meshes shaded from both sides? Speaking about backface culling. Remembering activating it in PPD through hex changes with SB3U.

Is there a code, that makes meshes shaded from both sides? Speaking about backface culling. Remembering activating it in PPD through hex changes with SB3U.
I don't know about a code but there is a shader which project the same texture on both side of the mesh. It is used in some of the tight skirts so they don't need an interior mesh when seeing the skirt from below, otherwise they would be invisible when looking at the inside from any angle. The tube dress used it also.

You can select the particular face/faces. Duplicate and flip it to other side.

I don't know about a code but there is a shader which project the same texture on both side of the mesh. It is used in some of the tight skirts so they don't need an interior mesh when seeing the skirt from below, otherwise they would be invisible when looking at the inside from any angle. The tube dress used it also.

Thanks, that's a good hint.

You can select the particular face/faces. Duplicate and flip it to other side.

That is why you should use culling, cause flippin can cause bad clippin issues and you add unnecessary faces. Not sayn it's always bad method, but culling is cleaner.

no, you have to add it in the shader. OR you can use one of the bulit in shader which has cull off (like the santa bikini)

Currently experimenting with cf_m_base to affect how the specular sliders change skin appearance. I'm trying to make it like clothing so that it's more metallic with higher values. Does anyone know how to do this?

Currently experimenting with cf_m_base to affect how the specular sliders change skin appearance. I'm trying to make it like clothing so that it's more metallic with higher values. Does anyone know how to do this?

easiest way is to edit the specular map. the more white & flat you make it, the more metallic/mirror like it'll be.

Reactions: ooro
Did you use an original item as template? Is that original scalable? May be it is an attribute in the list entry?

Thanks, it turned out I just had to convert the SkinnedMeshRenders to MeshRenders.

But I have another question as well.

Can a Studio item's material be altered to 'recognize' alpha masking/ different alpha values by fiddling with its values in SB3UGS, or should an entirely different material/shader be copied to the item?

See, I'm adding a bunch of items to the Studio. To do this, I've copied the main Studio items file (studio/itemobj/honey/00.unity3d) and replaced a bunch of meshes. This seemed the easiest way to me, since it's one of the few files which already contains its own materials/textures. So far, so good, but none of the items seem to have alphamasked materials/textures - only materials for meshes that are entirely opaque or entirely transparent - which doesn't work for instance with this item (see picture) where the leaves are supposed to be cut-out.

View attachment 13307

If I need an entirely different material, could I copy one from mat_etc_00.unity3d? How? I understand how materials/textures can be copied from mat_etc_00 to a copy of map/00.unity3d, but not to an unrelated file.

A material feeds its values into the shader. Those values can be altered by the game with the effect that every submesh using that material would change its look.

Reusing materials of the same file should be clear. For using materials of other files I made the tutorial about "External Materials and Textures" which is linked in the FP, should be in the tutorial thread for Sb3UGS here on AS.

Materials can be copied from any file:
  • open a workspace (CTRL-W) and drag the source material or texture from the Object Tree into it. Switch to your destination Object Tree and drag the material / texture into the destination Object Tree. Use this new asset immediately. This ensures that it doesn't vanish from the Object Tree. It remains in the file even if it vanishes from the Object Tree and it will still be available for selection without, but a structural change in the Animator will cause a removal of unused objects.
  • The file's Asset menu has "Mark for Copying" / "Paste All Marked" which works for many objects.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
[*]open a workspace (CTRL-W) and drag the source material or texture from the Object Tree into it. Switch to your destination Object Tree and drag the material / texture into the destination Object Tree. Use this new asset immediately. This ensures that it doesn't vanish from the Object Tree. It remains in the file even if it vanishes from the Object Tree and it will still be available for selection without, but a structural change in the Animator will cause a removal of unused objects.[/list]

Thanks for your response - using the workspace, I succeeded in copying a material (and its attendant textures) to the item file. Unfortunately, the new material afterwards 'forgets' its connection to its own textures, which results in the item no longer having any texture at all, despite the material's textures appearing in the item's object tree. How can I make the material connect with its textures?

View attachment 13310

(Re: the picture, I already tried removing the original item_047 and item_047_n textures from the item so as to not 'confuse' the material, but it didn't help.)

Ok, I was able to make an edit of an already made accessory, now I want to make it into a new file to add it to the list and not replace the one I currently have. Anyone care to enlighten me on how to do this?

@Dr.Bloodmoney:
Using the workspace drops those connections while "Mark for Copying" / "Paste all Marked" would have copied the textures along with the material and it would have retained the connection.

So with the workspace you need to drag the textures into the workspace as well. Now when you drag it back, begin with the textures. Then the material using that textures will use the previously dragged textures automatically.

@ProXpert:
That's what the tutorial "A simple example for a studio item." is about.

Reactions: Dr.Bloodmoney
@enimaroah:

Yes!!! Thank you, now it works like a charm - now we're cooking with gas! Thank you so much!

@Dr.Bloodmoney:
Using the workspace drops those connections while "Mark for Copying" / "Paste all Marked" would have copied the textures along with the material and it would have retained the connection.

So with the workspace you need to drag the textures into the workspace as well. Now when you drag it back, begin with the textures. Then the material using that textures will use the previously dragged textures automatically.

@ProXpert:
That's what the tutorial "A simple example for a studio item." is about.

Can you guide me towards that please?

Ok now I have a new problem... How do I add the MESH back to the .PP file..

Last edited:
Sorry, more material questions (what can I say, I'm a perfectionist, and I miss the original material's brightness variable).

rendermodquestion.png

Every material has a 'Mode' variable (see picture), that allows for selecting opaque, cutout, transparent & fade. Is altering that value supposed to alter how the material renders transparent textures? If so, then why does changing it not result in a noticeable different rendering effect in the studio? Should something else be changed as well for the change to take effect?

Edit: whoops, added wrong picture.

Last edited:
And again in purgatory. Tryin' to clean up all my mods and i don't know how i get there, but suddenly my mods are excluding themself. A.e. mod_shoe and mod_glove: I open the chara maker, goto shoes and choose one from mod_shoe, it appears as expected. Then i go to gloves and choose one from mod_gloves ... it loads nothing, empty. The same shit happens the opposite way too, i choose gloves from mod_gloves first, everything's fine, but as soon as i goto shoes and choose something from mod_shoes nothing appears.
Thus far in only know, it's not the path, it's not the ID ... but what the fuck is going on?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi can you please reupload 特命少女アイギス・ピンク thanks
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi Ryzen111, would you reupload the mexashare links, please?
孕ませの森
Rise Arisen (for this one, is the bonus content included?【早期購入特典付き】)
nobis_c wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Dear Nihonjaki90, would you reupload this title?
Rise Arisen ~ライズ、アライズン~
Lulu368 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, can you upload this otome asmr, please: https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html